Is it?
    Apple sold close to 50 million iOS devices last quarter alone
    47.8 million iOS > 1.1million* bb10 devices
    *untold number of bb10 devices recorded for this quarter but shipped during the previous quarter (Aka: Padding their numbers).
    You don't get it, do you? By that metric, Android is the best. Android is better than ios because Android as a whole has a higher sales number.

This is what it all boils down to. You have to have sales to have relevance. If Blackberry was number one, the need to post my **** is bigger than your **** vids wouldn't hold such an abiding interest here.
    Such is not the case, thus the human need to grasp at anything.
    Why yes, ios is better than BB10 because the sales number is higher. And Android is better than ios because of the same reason, no?
    01-19-14 10:52 PM
    Agreed totally ... A keyboard comparison of ANY iPhone and BB10 would be a total waste cuz BB10 has THE BEST keyboard.. Although, I would like to see an iPhone pro who truly believes that iPhone is the best vs a BB user.. I'm talking about the stock keyboard cuz iOS has an app for that ... Prolly BB keyboard will smoke that app too ..

I think Swype on Android is probably best.
    01-19-14 10:58 PM
    Agreed totally ... A keyboard comparison of ANY iPhone and BB10 would be a total waste cuz BB10 has THE BEST keyboard.. Although, I would like to see an iPhone pro who truly believes that iPhone is the best vs a BB user.. I'm talking about the stock keyboard cuz iOS has an app for that ... Prolly BB keyboard will smoke that app too ..
    I can type fairly fast/accurate on the iPhone's keyboard. i think the z10's keyboard is superior when it comes to switching languages mid sentence.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-19-14 11:07 PM
    You don't get it, do you? By that metric, Android is the best. Android is better than ios because Android as a whole has a higher sales number.

Why yes, ios is better than BB10 because the sales number is higher. And Android is better than ios because of the same reason, no?
    The original post you quoted does not reference better. This is something you read into it on your own.

Original comment
    You can do a lot on BB10 without installing a single app.

Give me a break. Apps fill gaps. You can't even attach a file to an email on an iPhone without an app, and most apps are cr@pp.]You can do a lot on BB10 without installing a single app.
    Original response
    Based on the above, BB10 devices should be selling in record numbers. No need to fill gaps
    Last edited by sinsin07; 01-19-14 at 11:51 PM.
    01-19-14 11:21 PM
    It is not as limited as some are saying. Install Google+, and it will show up for sharing Photos on iOS, for example.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    For the record this is not true, I use ios every day and have never seen a third party app in the share menu.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-19-14 11:38 PM
    hey what about the touch screen typing contest, there is no doubt as to who got smoked by a wide margin LOL
    It'll be challenge 4

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:04 AM
    For one bb10 lacks a music equalizer, not to mention the way bb10 handles album art work is atrocious. The media player would assign album artwork from one album to all of the albums in my library.
    I agree, BlackBerry 10 does need an equaliser.

Regarding the album art issue, there was a bug in 10.0, but it has been fixed. Album art works by downloading an image file and saving it to the relevant folder. Even if the bug has been fixed, you will still see the wrong images if you don't clean your library. Just open the folder on your PC, search for anything with an image extension and delete it. The phone will re-download the images again, this time saving them in the correct locations.
    01-20-14 03:12 AM
    Is it?
    Apple sold close to 50 million iOS devices last quarter alone

47.8 million iOS > 1.1million* bb10 devices

*untold number of bb10 devices recorded for this quarter but shipped during the previous quarter (Aka: Padding their numbers).
    Yes, iOS is a more popular choice. This only says that Apple as a company has better marketing and a wider audience. It says absolutely nothing about the quality or efficiency of their products, which is what we were discussing here in this thread.
    01-20-14 03:18 AM
    For the record this is not true, I use ios every day and have never seen a third party app in the share menu.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    So an iOS user says there are only 4 default options when sharing a photo. Anyone willing to post a screenshot and prove us wrong?
    Balti43 likes this.
    01-20-14 03:21 AM
    It's does the same thing. Supported apps are listed. In iOS 7 it scrolls horizontally. In Android it scrolls vertically, and in BB10 apparently they are tiled. Not much difference in sharing in that aspect.

iOS natively integrates iCloud sharing, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Video, and AirDrop.

If you install an app like Google+ then it will show up as a place to share photos as well, as is the case for other platforms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    While I do understand your point, I must admit that the suggested tiles based on usage is much more convenient than on iOS 7. Even when i had a Z10 i would always get surprised looks at how quickly I could share a picture when i would be with my friends. Even now its one feature I really miss that iOS 7 is lacking. When i want to send a picture to my girlfriend of something funny why do i need to go through the entire list of contacts to find her name? bb10 simply does this better.

Its so annoying doing it straight from the picture i take additional steps to get it done.

double tap the home button go to the message apps click the camera and attach the picture and send it. just because i dread scrolling through my entire list of contacts.
    01-20-14 03:54 AM
    BlackBerry vs iPhone Challenge 2-screen-shot-2014-01-20-3.03.29-am.png

So an iOS user says there are only 4 default options when sharing a photo. Anyone willing to post a screenshot and prove us wrong?
    01-20-14 04:04 AM
    Wat. Here's 3 alarms set.
    BlackBerry vs iPhone Challenge 2-img_00000139.png

Toasted via CB10 & Z30
    01-20-14 04:33 AM
    Not really. Or android would have a higher profit share than iOS, they do not.

Perhaps this is a bit too complicated for you to fully understand.
    Acidwire likes this.
    01-20-14 04:49 AM
    Yes, iOS is a more popular choice. This only says that Apple as a company has better marketing and a wider audience. It says absolutely nothing about the quality or efficiency of their products, which is what we were discussing here in this thread.
    iOS is more popular and they make more money.

Really marketing? This tired fallacy.

Regarding quality and efficiency iOS's high retention rate directly contradicts your assumption, the highest in the industry.

Bb not so much. In fact most bb users ( bb10 and legacy) supplement their mobile experience with another device, usually an iPad/iPod touch/android, and even gasp an iPhone.
    Which is what we were discussing.
    propeller10 likes this.
    01-20-14 04:56 AM
    WOW. Threads likes this keep making it come back to read and sometimes put the odd comment. I will try to make this objective as possible. The phones in mention are the Z10 and iPhone4s (which I still have). As mentioned, the previously owned Z10 (STL100-1) was my primary phone and one of the functions that I liked about BlackBerry 10 which actually brought me back with the Z30 was the ability to share things on IM clients i.e. BBM or Whatsapp (two of the most frequently used clients).

I'm not going to bring the email battle into this, because it's going to start a war. So i'll just stick to Whatsapp, because it's cross-platform and therefore more level playing field. When I see an article that was interesting and I wanted to share to Whatsapp to a group of friends, on BlackBerry 10, hit settings, share, Whatsapp and pick where I want to share it to.

I used an iPhone4s exclusively for 2 months (before buying the Z30) and I do not recall that being possible, there were options to share lets make no mistake about it. It could share straight to Facebook, Twitter, iMessage etc. However as mentioned, I never saw Whatsapp there.

I also recall when smartphones was just picking up, Whatsapp was considered as an "iPhone BBM" so I was expecting abit more on iOS. Given the 4S is a dated phone, and therefore not as fast but it was of these functions that was unavailable on iOS which I found frustrating. I had to copy the link and paste it.

*The iPhone does many things well, but this was one area that I used on a daily basis and it was not a comfortable experience
    01-20-14 04:59 AM
    Wat. Here's 3 alarms set.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000139.png 
Views:	224 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	240110

Toasted via CB10 & Z30
    Which version of the operating system is that?
    01-20-14 05:01 AM

Regarding quality and efficiency iOS's high retention rate directly contradicts your assumption, the highest in the industry.

Bb not so much. In fact most bb users ( bb10 and legacy) supplement their mobile experience with another device, usually an iPad/iPod touch/android, and even gasp an iPhone.
    Who cares how much money Apple makes? We are talking about their products, not the performance of the 2 companies. By your logic, Justin Beiber is a better artist than Mick Jagger because he sells more and has more followers on Twitter.
    01-20-14 05:06 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-20 at 3.03.29 AM.png 
Views:	301 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	240106
    So will everything show up in there? Even WhatsApp? Or is there a limit?
    01-20-14 05:07 AM
    Which version of the operating system is that?
    I think you already know the answer.
    01-20-14 05:09 AM

It is perhaps as much a fantasy around here as a fallacy. There is an embedded view that BB10 phones just are not "understood". I think the reality is that when you consider everything; the hardware OS, ecosystem and available apps BB10 phones aren't competitive. You can, and people here certainly do; spend time finding this or that function, or drawing meaningless distinctions (in the OS vs with an app) to justify why BB10 is objectively "better" than iOS and for some functions and some users maybe it is. But overall, I don't see BB10 in the same class as iOS or for that matter higher end Android phones and I think that reflects in the sales numbers. Apple two has limitations compared to Android, but they are calculated limitations that while somewhat limiting sales, maximize profit. Even more, the integrated nature of the Apple system generates even more profits than it appears because those phones generate computer, tablet, media and other sales that don't show up as direct phone profits.
    iN8ter likes this.
    01-20-14 05:11 AM
    I think you already know the answer.
    Yes, but I wonder if the person who posted that does.
    01-20-14 05:12 AM
    Who cares how much money Apple makes? We are talking about their products, not the performance of the 2 companies. By your logic, Justin Beiber is a better artist than Mick Jagger because he sells more and has more followers on Twitter.
    Blackberry and the remaining industry does.

Yes we are talking about their products, and if nobody buys their products a company, like blackberry, they can lose 4.4 billion dollars in a quarter, like last quarter.
    This would limit or restrict said company from making anymore phones. Otherwise known as common business sense.

That's a poor comparison. It makes absolutely no sense. Your comparing apple and blackberry to two musicians.
    01-20-14 05:15 AM
    So will everything show up in there? Even WhatsApp? Or is there a limit?
    I don't think Whatsapp will show up there, but if someone shows it does then I must have missed it out. However during the time on iOS, i remember it being difficult to share to Whatsapp. Does it matter, if Whatsapp isn't there?

Yes, it kinda does because a huge number of people use Whatsapp.
    01-20-14 05:23 AM
    Blackberry and the remaining industry does.

Yes we are talking about their products, and if nobody buys their products a company, like blackberry, they can lose 4.4 billion dollars in a quarter, like last quarter.
    This would limit or restrict said company from making anymore phones. Otherwise known as common business sense.

That's a poor comparison. It makes absolutely no sense. Your comparing apple and blackberry to two musicians.
    Of course it matters for the people working there and for the investors. But we are comparing the products, not the balance sheets. There is no connection between sales and quality and that is why I mentioned Beiber and Jagger. Let's discuss features and hardware and leave sales out of it.
    01-20-14 05:31 AM
    Well for comparison purposes the Z30 is the top BlackBerry, the Z10 is also "older" phone.
    01-20-14 06:01 AM
415 ... 45678 ...