If the manufacturer released it with the damage and without the features yes. But it doesn't matter. The phone they sell in the US, at least, with 10.1, doesn't have these features. It is not up to the carrier to solve these problems, Apple does it, even Motorola is starting to do it; Verizon released KitKat on the Moto X very soon after it became available. If BB can't make it happen, it is BB's problem, not the carriers.
    Apple and Google can do it because they have enough money and market share to convince the carriers to update. You knew BlackBerry was not in the same position when you bought your BlackBerry 10 device. They addressed all those issues and it is now up to the carrier. You didn't buy the phone from BlackBerry, you bought it from the carrier.
    01-19-14 05:30 PM
    I was comparing those based on market share, not price point. If we are comparing products, let's leave numbers out of it please. As long as BlackBerry sells smartphones with a competitive OS, they are in the race.
    Well. WebOS? What you deem to be Competition is subjective. From a services point of view their products don't even register.

You do realize that services is what sells and retains customers for the Companies they Compete with, right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-19-14 05:31 PM
    Why would you share an image to a calendar?

That's an old OS anyways. iOS 7 has iCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more so that debunks the 4 icon claim. I was just showing the third party app there to illustrate the point I was making.

Glad you asked

When you want to send an image (or anything else) to all the meeting participants. Useful really.

I know that was an old OS, I'm saying I've never seen more than 4 icons on iOS 7. Can you post a screenshot please?
    01-19-14 05:32 PM
    Well. WebOS? What you deem to be Competition is subjective. From a services point of view their products don't even register.

You do realize that services is what sells and retains customers for the Companies they Compete with, right?

That's part of it, yes. You can't buy WebOS devices anymore, so I don't think they are comparable.
    01-19-14 05:35 PM
    You can do a lot on BB10 without installing a single app.

Give me a break. Apps fill gaps. You can't even attach a file to an email on an iPhone without an app, and most apps are cr@pp.
    You're half right actually you can attach photos and videos. But if you really use the iPhone you'd know you just copy and paste into the body of email, no need for an app.
    01-19-14 05:35 PM
    I'm not expecting that, but GadgetTravel has been complaining about things that BlackBerry already addressed for a while now. I told him his options: suck it up, complain to the carrier, install leak or cross the border to Canada and download official OS from local carrier.
    You forgot the option I did. Buy another phone that wasn't so limited. Your opinion of fault doesn't matter. In the US one can have a BB without these features, move another country, load a leak or buy another phone.
    01-19-14 05:37 PM
    It's does the same thing. Supported apps are listed. In iOS 7 it scrolls horizontally. In Android it scrolls vertically, and in BB10 apparently they are tiled. Not much difference in sharing in that aspect.

iOS natively integrates iCloud sharing, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Video, and AirDrop.

If you install an app like Google+ then it will show up as a place to share photos as well, as is the case for other platforms.

The question you need to ask yourself is why iOS has to integrate with icloud just to do something as simple as upload a picture. Why not do it directly like a BlackBerry? LOL, the excuses are coming fast and furiously from Apple fans.

Truthfully, iOS is painfully outdated and can't keep up with BB10. You might be able to sell it to Americans but the future is Asia where Apple's market share continues to slide into nothingness.

Keep going with the videos. It's a great way to remind people that BlackBerry is innovating while Apple continues to sit on its arse and make excuses.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:38 PM
    You forgot the option I did. Buy another phone that wasn't so limited. Your opinion of fault doesn't matter. In the US one can have a BB without these features, move another country, load a leak or buy another phone.
    Yes, but you did complain for a few weeks first.
    01-19-14 05:38 PM
    I was comparing those based on market share, not price point. If we are comparing products, let's leave numbers out of it please. As long as BlackBerry sells smartphones with a competitive OS, they are in the race.
    I find numbers at least as useful as a metric as your opinion.
    01-19-14 05:39 PM
    I find numbers at least as useful as a metric as your opinion.
    That means... nothing.
    01-19-14 05:39 PM
    the test is not accurate, some of my complaint :

* he using older iphone , iPhone 4 or iphone 4S

* iPhone camera can be access directly on lock screen

* he takes his time with iphone, with BB10 before the camera apps open properly he already tap the screen several times to focus the camera

* if he not delaying sharing with iphone, it is more easier to share with iPhone you dont need to scroll to find twitter, twitter icon already there and very visible (larger icon)

something he forget to mention, it seems even older iphone 4 (2010) or 4S (2011) Camera seems much better in indoor / low light situation than Z10 (2013)

LOL
    I'm going to make a nice video reply to ball your comments you just made
    Thank you!
    It'll be a fun video to make! Haha
    Yours truly! JC

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:40 PM
    Yes, but you did complain for a few weeks first.
    Perhaps but I don't remember that. It also isn's clear why it matters to the discussion or this thread. Using both an iPhone 5 and a Moto X I don't really see the Q10 as being a competitive device. I miss the keyboard a bit but I do love the Swype keyboard. I wish I could get that in iOS.
    01-19-14 05:40 PM
    The question you need to ask yourself is why iOS has to integrate with icloud just to do something as simple as upload a picture. Why not do it directly like a BlackBerry? LOL, the excuses are coming fast and furiously from Apple fans.

Truthfully, iOS is painfully outdated and can't keep up with BB10. You might be able to sell it to Americans but the future is Asia where Apple's market share continues to slide into nothingness.

Keep going with the videos. It's a great way to remind people that BlackBerry is innovating while Apple continues to sit on its arse and make excuses.

Posted via CB10
    Because they have a feature called Shared Photo Streams, where the photos and videos are hosted on iCloud.

This reply isn't serious. I just can't accept that it is. You're joking, right?

Android has Google Drive and Photos. Windows Phone has SkyDrive. None of those need those to share photos, but they are native services built-in to the OS (or added via 1st party apps).

Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, and Viber are also integrated at iOS OS level - all of which allow photo (or video) sharing.

Your post makes no sense. And please note my signature. Emphasis mine.

Sent from my ***SCH-I535*** using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 and cckgz4 like this.
    01-19-14 05:42 PM
    That's part of it, yes. You can't buy WebOS devices anymore, so I don't think they are comparable.
    Missing the point.

01-19-14 05:43 PM
    That means... nothing.
    Yes, facts are inconvenient at times.
    01-19-14 05:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, because BB10 sales in Asia have gone so well.... BlackBerry has no impact on Apple's market share in Asia, which will grow with the addition of China Mobile.
    01-19-14 05:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Um, have you looked at BB10s market share in China? Or is that no longer part of Asia? The reason Apple decided to use the cloud for this is to provide seamless integration from desktop to phone, including notebooks and tablets. And it works beautifully. The 64 bit CPU in the 5S is part of this as well, The companies that are actively competing in the smartphone arena: Google/Samsung and Microsoft are moving towards the same integration. BB seems to be in a 2007 mode, not 2016 which is where the others are aiming.
    01-19-14 05:48 PM
    Perhaps but I don't remember that. It also isn's clear why it matters to the discussion or this thread.
    And a feature that is missing from an outdated OS does matter?

Anyway, I'm sorry you had such a miserable experience with your BlackBerry.
    01-19-14 05:49 PM
    Apple and Google can do it because they have enough money and market share to convince the carriers to update. You knew BlackBerry was not in the same position when you bought your BlackBerry 10 device. They addressed all those issues and it is now up to the carrier. You didn't buy the phone from BlackBerry, you bought it from the carrier.
    Actually, I bought it from Amazon. But that doesn't matter. It isn't the carriers problem. People aren't going to switch carriers if it isn't available and they aren't going to move to another country. They are going to get a new phone and tell their friends about all the limitations of BB, There is a lot of evidence from what I have read about returns that that is exactly what has been happening. You can blame the carriers, or poltergeists or Big Brother. The fact is that at the end of the day, it is a phone that says BlackBerry on it, and those are it's limitations.
    01-19-14 05:53 PM

It isn't an outdated OS. It is the official release on my phone. And it is a pretty lame thing to be missing too.
    01-19-14 05:54 PM
    Um, have you looked at BB10s market share in China? Or is that no longer part of Asia? The reason Apple decided to use the cloud for this is to provide seamless integration from desktop to phone, including notebooks and tablets. And it works beautifully. The 64 bit CPU in the 5S is part of this as well, The companies that are actively competing in the smartphone arena: Google/Samsung and Microsoft are moving towards the same integration. BB seems to be in a 2007 mode, not 2016 which is where the others are aiming.
    Completely useless and backwards for anyone that doesn't live in the Apple bubble. And the 64 bit processor helps how? Do you even know what it means?
    01-19-14 05:55 PM
    It isn't an outdated OS. It is the official release on my phone. And it is a pretty lame thing to be missing too.
    Outdated from BlackBerry's (and everyone else's) point of view, official from your carrier's point of view. And as I said, if you want to talk about what's lame why don't you try to send a file from your 5S to your brand new Moto X via Bluetooth?
    01-19-14 05:58 PM
    Completely useless and backwards for anyone that doesn't live in the Apple bubble. And the 64 bit processor helps how? Do you even know what it means?
    You are largely correct. The main advantage of iOS is if you have an integrated Apple system. It gives you a lot of power across platforms. If you don't use all of them it loses some of that, possibly a lot. So I have things like documents and presentations that can be done on my desktop, saved on iCloud and then edited or presented on an iPad or iPhone. That is where they have been driving for years, although I am not sure how clear that was initially. Google is moving rapidly there as well and is very competitive. We use Google docs a lot also. Microsoft isn't there yet, but I a certain will move there and certainly has the technical and financial resources to battle it out. BB I don't see being in the game. And yea, I know what it means.
    01-19-14 06:02 PM
    LOL,seamless integration involves an intermediary like icloud? Sorry but this makes absolutely no sense. Seamless is M2M not M2cloud2M. The reason apple uses the cloud is that they can't integrate across their various platforms. This is problem which arises when you view each device as a stand alone computer. Old school thinking. Time to change to distributed computing and the QNX micro kernel approach.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 06:03 PM

It wasn't miserable. I liked the keyboard. I will likely drag it out on occasion and use it on WiFi (I did take it on a trip to San Diego earlier this week) or even swap devices and activate it. It was just so lacking in apps that it didn't make up for it.
    01-19-14 06:05 PM
415 ... 23456 ...