They have AirDrop.

Not the Web Form thing again. Short straws are still straws I guess.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    AirDrop only works between Apple devices. Not really the same. And I wasn't actually waiting for an answer, I only mentioned those features to prove a point to GadgetTravel. Again, please read all the posts.
    01-19-14 04:51 PM
    So when he's tapping the screen and nothing is happening that isn't lag? And after owning both phones since the beginning I can tell you that iOS would win in every category mentioned above.

Text selection alone is a big deal and BB10 is really awful at it.
    To say nothing of "Siri set an alarm for 6:30 AM tomorrow" - confirm
    01-19-14 04:51 PM
    I think the big picture point is that I suspect very few people outside this forum think that BB is competing with Apple.
    01-19-14 04:52 PM
    Photos isn't listed when you're sharing from photos. Other "Native apps" may simply not be installed. Which iOS native apps are missing in that screen cap? You have to give more information.

Disregarding the fact that this is an iPod Touch running an old version of iOS, the only built in app missing is iPhoto : https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=pSEurCi9

And why it is missing is perfectly obvious.

Well the Calendar app is missing for example. And I still don't think you can have more than 4 options there. Every video or image on the net shows 4 icons.
    01-19-14 04:54 PM
    So when he's tapping the screen and nothing is happening that isn't lag? And after owning both phones since the beginning I can tell you that iOS would win in every category mentioned above.

Text selection alone is a big deal and BB10 is really awful at it.
    Yes, but he removed that part. Anyway, it's not like the video proves anything.

It wouldn't

Text selection was awful in 10.1, but it is no longer a problem.
    01-19-14 04:56 PM
    I think the big picture point is that I suspect very few people outside this forum think that BB is competing with Apple.
    Of course it is. Even when you are the last one, it's still called competing as long as you are in the race.
    01-19-14 04:58 PM
    To say nothing of "Siri set an alarm for 6:30 AM tomorrow" - confirm
    Blackberry Voice control does this as well.
    07thking likes this.
    01-19-14 05:03 PM
    Well that's not BlackBerry's fault, it's your carrier's. You are aware of the features and you know how to get them (leaks or cross the border). There's no excuse.
    Yes there is an excuse. The excuse is the carrier hasn't released the OS. The excuse is leaks are not OFFICIALLY supported on your device by the carriers. The carriers support what they put on your device, not what you do by yourself.
    01-19-14 05:03 PM
    Of course it is. Even when you are the last one, it's still called competing as long as you are in the race.
    Right, I am saying they aren't in the race. Android sure is, high end Android phones are very powerful tools. BB, not so much as I see it. At least in the US BB trails not only Apple and Samsung but Motorola, LG, HTC and the every popular "Other" based on 2013 year end numbers that just came out. And that seems to include BBOS for BB. Without it they might be behind "I don't know" in market share.
    01-19-14 05:06 PM
    If so that just proves the comparison is meaningless.
    01-19-14 05:06 PM
    I enjoyed the videos. Good stuff JC. Thanks for doing these! Always a good chuckle.
    01-19-14 05:07 PM
    Yes there is an excuse. The excuse is the carrier hasn't released the OS. The excuse is leaks are not OFFICIALLY supported on your device by the carriers. The carriers support what they put on your device, not what you do by yourself.
    They added the features and they fixed the bugs. They can't force the carriers to release the update. If you are unhappy you should complain to your carrier. When you buy an expired/damaged product from a supermarket, is it the manufacturer's fault?
    07thking likes this.
    01-19-14 05:11 PM
    They added the features and they fixed the bugs. They can't force the carriers to release the update. If you are unhappy you should complain to your carrier. When you buy an expired/damaged product from a supermarket, is it the manufacturer's fault?
    If the manufacturer released it with the damage and without the features yes. But it doesn't matter. The phone they sell in the US, at least, with 10.1, doesn't have these features. It is not up to the carrier to solve these problems, Apple does it, even Motorola is starting to do it; Verizon released KitKat on the Moto X very soon after it became available. If BB can't make it happen, it is BB's problem, not the carriers.
    01-19-14 05:15 PM
    I have an iPhone 5 w iOS 7 and Z10 w. 1925. IOS is faster, smoother, and handles media (video, pictures, streaming) better in every aspect. The Z10 w .1925 has made the Z10 more use able and it can do almost everything iOS can. The Z10 is better for messaging and that's about it. Why the obsession to constantly compare a Z10 w an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    iOS is better with OS7 but I disagree that it is better at handling media, for example I can easily use standard DLNA, Miracast, etc to project to a large screen TV. Apple can only do that effortlessly if the target device is hooked up to an AppleTV. Apple is extremely interoperable with itself.
    Karan Mohal and 07thking like this.
    01-19-14 05:17 PM

Text selection was awful in 10.1, but it is no longer a problem.
    I'm running the latest leak on my Z30 and yes, compared to iOS it's awful.
    01-19-14 05:17 PM
    Right, I am saying they aren't in the race. Android sure is, high end Android phones are very powerful tools. BB, not so much as I see it. At least in the US BB trails not only Apple and Samsung but Motorola, LG, HTC and the every popular "Other" based on 2013 year end numbers that just came out. And that seems to include BBOS for BB. Without it they might be behind "I don't know" in market share.
    Wait, are we comparing companies or products? How is market share relevant when comparing 2 products? Is Windows better than OSX because of its market share? Is Internet Explorer better than Google Chrome because of its market share? Is Ford better than BMW because of its market share? Is FOX News better than BBC because of its market share? Should I go on?

P.S. Windows is actually better than OSX, but not because of its market share.
    01-19-14 05:19 PM
    Only hands free if you long pressed the home button with your nose...

As others have pointed out you can do the same thing with BB10.
    07thking likes this.
    01-19-14 05:19 PM
    iOS is better with OS7 but I disagree that it is better at handling media, for example I can easily use standard DLNA, Miracast, etc to project to a large screen TV. Apple can only do that effortlessly if the target device is hooked up to an AppleTV. Apple is extremely interoperable with itself.
    I agree, but I'm talking about handling media on the phone itself. BB10 is way behind apple in how it handles music, videos, photos albums etc.
    01-19-14 05:20 PM
    I'm running the latest leak on my Z30 and yes, compared to iOS it's awful.
    That's your opinion. I think iOS is awful.
    01-19-14 05:20 PM
    I agree, but I'm talking about handling media on the phone itself. BB10 is way behind apple in how it handles music, videos, photos albums etc.
    Explain please. What's missing? What is wrong with the media player or the media library apps?
    01-19-14 05:21 PM
    I hear you, but you can't expect people to load software onto their device that is not supported by their carrier.

I agree it is not the manufacturers fault. Carrier testing is brutal for some. That is not BlackBerry.
    01-19-14 05:22 PM
    Wait, are we comparing companies or products? How is market share relevant when comparing 2 products? Is Windows better than OSX because of its market share? Is Internet Explorer better than Google Chrome because of its market share? Is Ford better than BMW because of its market share? Is FOX News better than BBC because of its market share? Should I go on?

P.S. Windows is actually better than OSX, but not because of its market share.

Products actually. iPhones and BBs. And we are talking about the post you responded to, and the topic of this thread, competing. I said that in my opinion, very few people outside these forums think that BB really is competing with Apple in the smartphone market. The BMW example is totally flawed, BMW and Ford really don't compete in the same market; the luxury car market. Even if in the same market, just because no one buys something doesn't actually make it better than the product a lot of people buy. Say the smartphone market for example.
    01-19-14 05:23 PM
    I hear you, but you can't expect people to load software onto their device that is not supported by their carrier.

I agree it is not the manufacturers fault. Carrier testing is brutal for some. That is not BlackBerry.
    I'm not expecting that, but GadgetTravel has been complaining about things that BlackBerry already addressed for a while now. I told him his options: suck it up, complain to the carrier, install leak or cross the border to Canada and download official OS from local carrier.
    01-19-14 05:25 PM
    Well the Calendar app is missing for example. And I still don't think you can have more than 4 options there. Every video or image on the net shows 4 icons.
    Why would you share an image to a calendar?

That's an old OS anyways. iOS 7 has iCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more so that debunks the 4 icon claim. I was just showing the third party app there to illustrate the point I was making.

01-19-14 05:26 PM
    Products actually. iPhones and BBs. And we are talking about the post you responded to, and the topic of this thread, competing. I said that in my opinion, very few people outside these forums think that BB really is competing with Apple in the smartphone market. The BMW example is totally flawed, BMW and Ford really don't compete in the same market; the luxury car market.
    I was comparing those based on market share, not price point. If we are comparing products, let's leave numbers out of it please. As long as BlackBerry sells smartphones with a competitive OS, they are in the race.
    01-19-14 05:27 PM
415 12345 ...