The alarm one is a total joke. My BB won't even let me set two alarms. Plus Siri is like 3 times as fast. Even the screen way is about the same on both if you don't go slow on the iPhone; well for the first alarm.

Although I think the big picture is that he should be comparing to Windows phone. Windows phone is the competition for Blackberry, not the iPhone. Android and Apple are certainly competing, but BB really isn't in that game in my opinion.
    You can't complain about things that have been released in October last year. Update or suck it up. There's really no excuse.
    01-19-14 03:52 PM
    It's does the same thing. Supported apps are listed. In iOS 7 it scrolls horizontally. In Android it scrolls vertically, and in BB10 apparently they are tiled. Not much difference in sharing in that aspect.

iOS natively integrates iCloud sharing, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Video, and AirDrop.

If you install an app like Google+ then it will show up as a place to share photos as well, as is the case for other platforms.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Only the most used options are tiled. Anyway, try reading everything before posting.
    01-19-14 03:57 PM
    Only the most used options are tiled. Anyway, try reading everything before posting.
    Point is you can share your more than the built in services. It is not as limited as some are saying. Install Google+, and it will show up for sharing Photos on iOS, for example.

01-19-14 04:00 PM
    Your argument is still funny, less options is not better. And anyway, as I already explained, in BlackBerry 10 the sharing options are rearranged based on your usage. Here's how it looks like:

Attachment 239911
    You are going to have to get used to the idea that trying to prove the z30 us better than the iphone is a complete waste of time. The iphone users only count apps. They need an app for everything. They are completely dependant on apps. If they don't have an app that can think for them, do the most basic tasks, they are done. The z30 crushes the iphone in "useful" applications. Ask Wired, although they basically tried to down play it after the z30 crushed the iphone, the windows phone and the Android device. I agree when you or someone said, then if you don't agree with the results or the testing method, bring back your own video. Noticed he doesn't have time!

Posted via CB10
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    01-19-14 04:00 PM
    It will be!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:01 PM
    2 things:

1. BlackBerry 10 has a camera button on the lock screen too.

2. So that fact that iOS has only 2-3 sharing options is an advantage to you? Because you don't have to scroll? In that case having 3 apps is also better than having 1 million apps.
    And by the way, recent and most used sharing options are always at the top in BlackBerry 10. The order changes based on your sharing activity.
    As you said in point 2.

That's not correct information. I read EVERYTHING.

Unless, of course, iOS 6 had Google+ built in?

01-19-14 04:02 PM
    Because...?
    Well for starters he's using a iPhone 4.
    01-19-14 04:02 PM
    You can do a lot on BB10 without installing a single app.

Give me a break. Apps fill gaps. You can't even attach a file to an email on an iPhone without an app, and most apps are cr@pp.
    The phone is a platform to run apps for mobile computing. Well, at least in 2014. And the argument that most apps are crap is true, but meaningless. There are a vast number that are really great, important and useful productivity tools. The fact that some aren't is irrelevant
    01-19-14 04:03 PM
    You can't complain about things that have been released in October last year. Update or suck it up. There's really no excuse.
    I'm not complaining. I switched to a Moto X. But in fact, it hasn't been released to through my carrier. For that matter, near as I can tell essentially no one in the US has an alarm that works for more than one time. So for me, it doesn't exist. The joke is that BB released a single alarm function clock in 2013 - at all.
    01-19-14 04:04 PM
    Well for starters he's using a iPhone 4.
    It was a 4S I think. Anyway, the speed of the OS is the same. He didn't do anything that would be faster on the newer model.
    01-19-14 04:09 PM
    It was a 4S I think. Anyway, the speed of the OS is the same. He didn't do anything that would be faster on the newer model.
    Really?? So the speed of the 4S and 5 and 5S are the same? What are you talking about??
    01-19-14 04:11 PM
    I have an iPhone 5 w iOS 7 and Z10 w. 1925. IOS is faster, smoother, and handles media (video, pictures, streaming) better in every aspect. The Z10 w .1925 has made the Z10 more use able and it can do almost everything iOS can. The Z10 is better for messaging and that's about it. Why the obsession to constantly compare a Z10 w an iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    h20work, tack and ruben1975 like this.
    01-19-14 04:17 PM
    As you said in point 2.

That's not correct information. I read EVERYTHING.

Unless, of course, iOS 6 had Google+ built in?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/senavyzu.jpg

Only a few apps will show up in there. It's more limited than BlackBerry 10 where I have 20-30 sharing options for any type of file and from any app.
    01-19-14 04:20 PM
    Only a few apps will show up in there. It's more limited than BlackBerry 10 where I have 20-30 sharing options for any type of file and from any app.
    Apps that register themselves for handling that media type using the iOS SDK show up. No different on Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry.

I prefer not to have every app put themselves there. It looks messy and the list becomes cluttered. It's part of the reason why I don't install a ton of apps on my S3.

Even if most used show up at the top, when you need something else you end up scrolling through a huge list to get to it.

I had similar issues with the tiled home screen on windows phone.

01-19-14 04:23 PM
    Really?? So the speed of the 4S and 5 and 5S are the same? What are you talking about??
    Never said that. Why do people assume the worst on the internet? What I meant is that for tasks like app switching and sharing there's no difference. There was no lag, the OS was as fast as it can be.
    01-19-14 04:23 PM
    Never said that. Why do people assume the worst on the internet? What I meant is that for tasks like app switching and sharing there's no difference. There was no lag, the OS was as fast as it can be.
    You make too many assumptions.
    01-19-14 04:28 PM
    I'm not complaining. I switched to a Moto X. But in fact, it hasn't been released to through my carrier. For that matter, near as I can tell essentially no one in the US has an alarm that works for more than one time. So for me, it doesn't exist. The joke is that BB released a single alarm function clock in 2013 - at all.
    Well that's not BlackBerry's fault, it's your carrier's. You are aware of the features and you know how to get them (leaks or cross the border). There's no excuse.

Yes, it should have been there from the start. But then iOS still can't send a file over Bluetooth in 2014. And both iOS and WP8 don't have a file manager and you can't upload a pdf document to a web form. I could go on, but I think you understand where I'm going with this...
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    01-19-14 04:30 PM
    You said the speed of the OS's was the same on all models which simply isn't true. And ios7 can studder with app switching on the 4S unlike on the 5 and 5S. My whole point was that if you are going to make comparison videos like this at least make them with current models of the iPhone, not.a model from two years ago.

Also I'd like to see a comparison video on text selection, app store selection, app store purchases speed and ease of purchases, media players, picture app, picture quality (low light and flash), video quality, quickness of getting to apps, number of apps that can go into a folder, syncing to computer ease, to name a few. The iPhone would win hands down in everyone of those categories. The point is to show some of the things he shows with an outdated model is ridiculous. There are a lot of things that BB10 does very well, and a lot of things that iOS does way better than BB10.
    01-19-14 04:33 PM
    Apps that register themselves for handling that media type using the iOS SDK show up. No different on Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry.

I prefer not to have every app put themselves there. It looks messy and the list becomes cluttered. It's part of the reason why I don't install a ton of apps on my S3.

Even if most used show up at the top, when you need something else you end up scrolling through a huge list to get to it.

I had similar issues with the tiled home screen on windows phone.

OK, but then why are native apps missing from that list? Did Apple forget to register their own apps? Or is there a maximum number of apps iOS will show on the sharing panel?
    01-19-14 04:33 PM
    OK, but then why are native apps missing from that list? Did Apple forget to register their own apps? Or is there a maximum number of apps iOS will show on the sharing panel?
    Photos isn't listed when you're sharing from photos. Other "Native apps" may simply not be installed. Which iOS native apps are missing in that screen cap? You have to give more information.

Disregarding the fact that this is an iPod Touch running an old version of iOS, the only built in app missing is iPhoto : https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=AdeN6Ih7

And why it is missing is perfectly obvious.

01-19-14 04:35 PM
    Well that's not BlackBerry's fault, it's your carrier's. You are aware of the features and you know how to get them (leaks or cross the border). There's no excuse.

Yes, it should have been there from the start. But then iOS still can't send a file over Bluetooth in 2014. And both iOS and WP8 don't have a file manager and you can't upload a pdf document to a web form. I could go on, but I think you understand where I'm going with this...
    It is what my phone is. Your opinion of who is to blame is meaningless. The fact is the phone BB released in the US can't set multiple alarms. BB released that phone in 2013. Everything else is an excuse.
    cckgz4 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    01-19-14 04:37 PM
    Some might be due some psychiatrists at a major med school in the Northeast US.

For this thread.
    01-19-14 04:38 PM
    You said the speed of the OS's was the same on all models which simply isn't true. And ios7 can studder with app switching on the 4S unlike on the 5 and 5S. My whole point was that if you are going to make comparison videos like this at least make them with current models of the iPhone, not.a model from two years ago.

Also I'd like to see a comparison video on text selection, app store selection, app store purchases speed and ease of purchases, media players, picture app, picture quality (low light and flash), video quality, quickness of getting to apps, number of apps that can go into a folder, syncing to computer ease, to name a few. The iPhone would win hands down in everyone of those categories. The point is to show some of the things he shows with an outdated model is ridiculous. There are a lot of things that BB10 does very well, and a lot of things that iOS does way better than BB10.
    I totally agree, but in this video there was no lag. The OS was as smooth as it is on the latest iPhone.

And no, the iPhone would not win in all those categories.
    01-19-14 04:41 PM

They have AirDrop.

Not the Web Form thing again. Short straws are still straws I guess.

cckgz4 likes this.
    01-19-14 04:42 PM
    I totally agree, but in this video there was no lag. The OS was as smooth as it is on the latest iPhone.

And no, the iPhone would not win in all those categories.
    So when he's tapping the screen and nothing is happening that isn't lag? And after owning both phones since the beginning I can tell you that iOS would win in every category mentioned above.

Text selection alone is a big deal and BB10 is really awful at it.
    01-19-14 04:45 PM
415 1234 ...