The other day, a colleague showed off his new iPhone ...while I was telling him about my new Blackberry...

Now I (and my colleague) are in Australia, where the iPhone has not officially been launched....there have been a few handsets brought into this country from the US....and some clever blokes have unlocked it....

Now I was quite impressed by the iPhone.....but my Blackberry is not bad either....

Any opinions ...thoughts...

I know I will get a few BB biased responses in this forum....but, hey, why not!!!
    10-17-07 08:39 PM
    i said it once and ill say it again....

iphone = overrated

id rather have my BB
    10-17-07 08:40 PM
    My 2 main problems with the iphone are 1.) no push email 2.) touchscreen. The latter i am afraid we will all have to get used to as I can see all phones being touch in the not so distant future. Apple recently announced they will be allowing 3rd party apps and I really like their internet browser... but for me... BB hands down.
    10-17-07 08:46 PM
    My BF offered to get me an iPhone as an early Xmas present as my current phone is giving me grief. I told him I want a Blackberry instead as the iPhone doesn't do everything I want it to do. Now that the 8310 is finally out, I'm just waiting until he says we can go phone shopping.... and hoping my current phone holds out until then.
    10-17-07 09:47 PM
    Check out my rant about using my IPhone for the 1st 3 months they were released. I came right back to the berry.
    10-18-07 06:51 AM
    Both are very cool and both have their pros and cons.
    I love my gadgets so I want to have both,lol!
    Typing on the bb is definitely easier for me.
    And the iphone doesn't have the coolest site with the coolest people as the bb with Crackberry and its members;-)
    10-18-07 07:21 AM
    Like I said before. I had the Iphone, and other than the IPOD DEVICE itself, it was lacking in every other category. But the media player (ipod) was outstanding.
    10-18-07 08:30 AM
    Check out my rant about using my IPhone for the 1st 3 months they were released. I came right back to the berry.
    Would be very interested in reading your comments. Can you post a link to your "rant?" Lol, thanks.
    10-18-07 02:35 PM
    I deal with and work with people who use the iPhone everyday. Everyone seems so pretentious(sp). I'm an Apple fanboy and was so excited about the new creation but within days I was....meh..
    I recently switched to BB from the Treo and feel like I got the better device over both the Apple and the Treo.
    10-18-07 09:53 PM
    10-19-07 11:09 AM
    Yeah the iPhone is way overrated! My mother has one and lemme tell ya I like my buttons for quick text input. If you have a heavy hand or fat fingers, the iPhone will make you want to throw it!
    I prefer my iPod and my phone separate.
    My mother likes the feature of being able to quickly maximize her display. That is about the only cool feature but BB has it too just not in the touch form.
    Anyways the BB capabilities are far better to me. I love gadgets and the iPhone soon lost its wow after I had it in my hands for about 20 minutes.

I did however put some music on there for her as well as her audiobooks for her job. It works for her and the GPS was also a need for her. I am tryin to get her on the BB circuit though. Next year maybe since the BB Curve 8310 has GPS (she drives around a lot!) she'll consider it.
    10-29-07 11:07 AM
    It has some very good features. The Voice Mail system is amazing.
    10-29-07 01:03 PM
    So I test drove my buddy's iPhone, side by side w my Curve. WOW, it's a slow pain to do simple tasks. And on top of that, I'm using my MP3 player more and more and becoming very satisfied w the quality. And just yesterday, another friend is dumping his Treo for a BB. I definitely agree w everybody's post about the BB emailing, non-screen typing, web browsing, etc. It's head and shoulders better than Apple.

BB, keep up the great job and I'll work on converting my friends to "BB Team".
    10-29-07 01:28 PM
    What did you find slow about the IPhone? I find it as fast as anything else out there. In my rant, I definately said that it lacks many things such as a good email system. But it is not slow at all.
    10-29-07 02:09 PM
    Let me clarify. From each phone's home screen to create email to select person to typing to sending, I sent 1 email and 1 SMS 40 seconds faster than my buddy did on his iPhone. I just mean navigation was slow. And I even played w his junk for 20 mins, getting used to it.
    10-29-07 03:02 PM
    I actually think that the navigation is one of the few features that the IPhone has going for it. You press the same amount of things to send an email and SMS on the Iphone as you do on the curve. Just without tactile buttons, it makes it a little slower to send one. The machine itself is faster than the blackberry.
    10-30-07 06:58 AM
    So I now have both.... I purchased an iPhone for my personal phone, and the company provides me with a Blackberry Curve for business purposes....

Just for the Curve today and in the process of getting it setup, but already I can tell there are things that the iPhone does which runs circles around the Curve - and I know there are things that the Curve will do that are better than the iPhone (e-mail integration, etc). Each have their place - an in my case, I guess it is the left pocket for one, the right pocket for the other
    10-30-07 08:11 PM
    If someone wants to carry 2 phones, then that is the best scenario I guess. But I did not find too many things that the Curve cannot do that the IPhone can. Sure it does certain things very well, but I had to come back to the BB.
    10-31-07 06:51 AM
    i came from a iphone back to a bb 8310 due to the fact on the iphone there was no push email,very slow browser,had to come back to my trusted black berry. got to love bb,they make there phone great.
    10-31-07 10:18 PM
    the iphone has its good side. Having an ipod in the phone is a major plus. Its useful in that sense. Blackberry's meet the goals of all business and personal needs. The touch screen will be the fad for awhile, but it is far from perfect.
    11-01-07 02:32 AM
    I honestly think that the iphone is targeted to a different market. the fact it does not support e-mail push is a big drawback. regular consumers using internet e-mail systems may see the benefit and since it is a sexy phone packed with features many fall for it.. I myself will never change my Blackberry.. it is just the best and most complete, serious phone out there today. I can't wait to receive my 6GB Micro SDHC card and my bluetooth headphones so I do nto have to carry my phone and iPod on those long bicycle rides!!!
    11-01-07 09:13 AM
    I knew from the start when they first announced the Iphone that it was going to be overrated. It has cool features, but the overall usage of the product isn't overwhelming.

Taking away buttons, doesn't make it simpler. Especially for texting, and emailing which is what most of us use our phone for now-days.

Honestly, I believe the Samsung Ultra Smart F700 should be getting more hype than the Iphone. They kept the buttons, gave it a camera, and provided you with a microsd slot.

How about that.

Although, for some reason I still have a BB. Hm..
    11-01-07 10:18 AM
    If you think that most people use their phone for texting and emailing, you are way off. 99% of the people that use cell phones, still use them for voice more than data.
    11-01-07 12:13 PM
    I chose the bb over the iphone over and over again. My co-worker has the iphone and he let me play around with it for days, because I told him I was about to upgrade my phone. I really liked the videos and music that you could download from itunes, but that was it. I didn't like the touch keyboard which made it hard to text and send email. The email was very slow as well and the screen always had smudges. To me it was just an overrated/overpriced ipod. I still have my ipod, so why would I go by the iphone. I love my ipod but now that I have the curve with 2gb I don't really have to carry my ipod around. I still use my ipod for traveling, driving and working out, because its has 20gbs. Now that I have my bb my co-worker wants one now, especially since his fancy touch screen quit working and he had to pay apple $35 dollars for a loaner until he gets his back. It's been 2 weeks and still no iphone for him. Oh yeah he stood in line to pay 600 plus dollars for his, just to wait 2 months later for them to reduce to price. Everyone in the office laughed all week long when that happened.. Poor guy was so unhappy, I emailed him a link to get a $100 credit from the apple store. However he still hasn't received that credit...
    11-01-07 12:58 PM
    What do you mean he didnt receive his credit. All you do is type in 2 pieces of info online and it gives it to you immediately. Something smells fishy.
    11-02-07 07:00 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD