http://n4bb.com/6916/rumor-monaco-98...lackberry-volt

I don't mind the name. I think it sounds pretty cool and lines up with most Berrys being striking one syllable words. It's just a rumor for now. I do know RIM was asking people what they think the name for the next Blackberry should be on Twitter though. So I think it was recently or still is under consideration there.
    05-26-11 12:05 PM
    If RIM wants to stick with the Storm/Lightning/Thunder/electricity theme How about the Blackberry Bolt?
    05-26-11 12:09 PM
    because then it sounds like they are copying the thunderbolt

i like the 'volt' name
    05-26-11 12:11 PM
    ah yes.. slipped my mind!
    05-26-11 12:12 PM
    Wouldn't naming it the "Volt" cause some issues with GM (and their electric car called the "Volt")?
    05-26-11 01:10 PM
    Nope. Totally different industry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 01:52 PM
    I dont know about you guys but I hope that name comes though cause I kinda like it
    05-26-11 02:33 PM
    In my personal opinion changing the current name schemes for the refreshes is the best thing RIM can do. Everything is seen as dated, so bring out new branding. That's probably half the battle alone. Some names, it seems to me, have value - Curve, Bold; the rest are liabilities.
    05-26-11 03:26 PM
    I should get that device. Pun intended.

05-26-11 04:36 PM
    In my personal opinion changing the current name schemes for the refreshes is the best thing RIM can do. Everything is seen as dated, so bring out new branding. That's probably half the battle alone. Some names, it seems to me, have value - Curve, Bold; the rest are liabilities.
    The torch is good. They need to figure out what's up with the next style or something.
    05-26-11 04:40 PM
    The torch is good. They need to figure out what's up with the next style or something.
    Oh good God no ... the impending Torch 2 is already complicating my lust for the 9900. Throw a new Style into the pool of possible next phones and I might do an exorcist-like head-spinner trying to make up my mind.
    05-26-11 05:44 PM
    Oh good God no ... the impending Torch 2 is already complicating my lust for the 9900. Throw a new Style into the pool of possible next phones and I might do an exorcist-like head-spinner trying to make up my mind.
    LOL!! Easy decision for me-9930
    05-26-11 06:28 PM
    i say just release it lol. kinda crazy to me that this thing isnt close to being out yet when we saw pics of it long before we saw pics for the new Bold
    05-26-11 06:39 PM
    i say just release it lol. kinda crazy to me that this thing isnt close to being out yet when we saw pics of it long before we saw pics for the new Bold
    If the T-Mobile rumors are true, the "Volt" should be out before the new Bold.
    05-26-11 07:34 PM
    This is news to the CB crowd as I'm aware. Kevin's always said the 9900/9930 release first with other devices to follow shortly.

This is assuming the "Volt" is a BB 7 OS...right?
    05-26-11 08:00 PM
    yes the Volt is oS 6.1 (aka7) - and will release later. Im think since rim hasnt even announced it officially.. then the Bold will come out first.
    05-26-11 08:48 PM
    T-Mobile's roadmap listed this phone for, I think it was, end of June and CB covered it. You guys must have missed that one.

Edit: I was wrong, July 27th.

BlackBerry Bold 9900, apollo and monza all headed to T-Mobile | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-26-11 at 09:38 PM.
    05-26-11 09:28 PM
    we'll see i guess. im personally torn between the two devices. i wanna say that i want the 9900 because im hoping that they allow users to use their BB keyboard to type on the playbook. at this point though i'll take either one to replace my 8900.

How do i have a $700 Playbook, and yet no new phone lol
    05-26-11 09:56 PM
    Kinda diggin' the Volt name.

Doubt this will be out before the bold though....
    05-27-11 12:00 AM
    I could care less what they call it, they need to just concentrate on getting it ready and delivered. I do not name my Blackberrys, I just use them.
    05-27-11 05:15 AM
    If they designed a high-end Style, i'd consider it over the 9900... a flip BB with the better materials and specs of the 9900 would be intriguing.

I guess flip phones are kind of un-trendy now i suppose though.
    05-27-11 09:42 AM
    I guess flip phones are kind of un-trendy now i suppose though.
    I work retail and I can tell you that the only people I see using flip phones are, well...older lol.
    05-27-11 10:29 AM
    Laptops, netbooks are still using the clamshell style. So I don't see why phones aren't the same.

Besides, it would be handy and it all boils down to the one handling it. Be careful not to misuse (eg. Drop it) it and the device is great to use. Fold it in half, pocket it. Done. Better than hitting the end button since closing it ends the call, opening it answers the call.

05-28-11 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD