Hello all. I know that the blackberry virtual keyboard is not a part of the hub+ suite, but I was wondering what the best avenue would be to give feedback to blackberry to either release it as part of the package or release it separately. I have to go through the tedious, but necessary, process of cobalt's method. I still think the have the best virtual keyboard and would love to see further development... even if it gets bought by another company and packaged as a part of their phones.
    ALToronto likes this.
    01-06-21 09:10 AM
    Hello all. I know that the blackberry virtual keyboard is not a part of the hub+ suite, but I was wondering what the best avenue would be to give feedback to blackberry to either release it as part of the package or release it separately. I have to go through the tedious, but necessary, process of cobalt's method. I still think the have the best virtual keyboard and would love to see further development... even if it gets bought by another company and packaged as a part of their phones.
    It's a licseing issue.... There was talk of BlackBerry removing the components they have to license from SwitfKey.... but then TCL pulled out and I don't think the product was viable on it's own. Sadly I'm thinking the whole suite is on life support till BBMo support runs out in the few markets that require 2 years from August 2020.

You can get the keyboard and install it outside of Google Play.... look for Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager.

But little point in trying to talk to BlackBerry about it... they know it's something a few people wanted.
    01-06-21 09:27 AM
    I went ahead with Cobalt's Manager since I did want it that much. it will be interesting and most likely sad to see how things continue to progress...
    01-06-21 09:34 AM
    I went ahead with Cobalt's Manager since I did want it that much. it will be interesting and most likely sad to see how things continue to progress...
    App hasn't updated in almost a year and half.... there is no progress.

OM might want to use it, and that could allow for some further development. But I think that's a long shot...
    01-06-21 09:49 AM
    I finally had to give up on the BlackBerry keyboard on my Galaxy S9. Starting after the One UI 2.5 update a few months back, the keyboard would randomly crash - just disappear in the middle of typing something out.

It would pop back up after 2 or 3 seconds, but it did it often enough that it became frustrating to use. I've used SwiftKey and Gboard, but currently using the default Samsung keyboard which has actually gotten better recently. Not perfect, but at least it won't dissappear in the middle of typing a post on CrackBerry.
    01-06-21 10:15 AM
    Still using BB Keyboard on LG G7 Android 10 with no problems. Will be a sad day when it no longer works.
    01-06-21 11:43 AM
    It works fine on my Xperia 10 with AOSP 11.
    01-07-21 07:02 PM
    Could someone please point me to Cobalt's BB Keyboard Manager? I'm currently using Gboard on Android 10, and I'm not liking it at all. Mostly I'm missing word substitutions.
    01-09-21 12:36 AM
    Could someone please point me to Cobalt's BB Keyboard Manager? I'm currently using Gboard on Android 10, and I'm not liking it at all. Mostly I'm missing word substitutions.
    https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    01-09-21 12:50 AM
    Gboard has word substitutions, if I understand what you are referring to.
    01-09-21 05:30 AM
    Gboard has word substitutions, if I understand what you are referring to.
    It does, but it doesn't insert them into the text as I type, it only suggests them in the top row. For me, Gboard doesn't even capitalize "i" as I type. I have to select it from the top.
    01-09-21 08:58 AM
    It does, but it doesn't insert them into the text as I type, it only suggests them in the top row. For me, Gboard doesn't even capitalize "i" as I type. I have to select it from the top.
    For me Gboard does insert the correct word most of the time. Most of that is in how the settings are set. The lack of automatic capitalizing of the singular "I" is somewhat frustrating but at least it is a choice you can tap. I have the BB keyboard on my Pixel 4a. I stopped using it in favor of GB. So to each their own.
    01-09-21 09:13 AM
    Try checking Gboard settings, I'm sure I saw something to insert top prediction when I was digging through settings.
    About the "I", I think that's a bug in the newer version as it did capitalize on an older version I had running at one point.
    01-09-21 09:20 AM
    Try checking Gboard settings, I'm sure I saw something to insert top prediction when I was digging through settings.
    About the "I", I think that's a bug in the newer version as it did capitalize on an older version I had running at one point.
    I thought I it did too not all that long ago. I'm running the beta version of Gboard and I think that feature disappeared a version ago. That being said the overall performance of Gboard is worth the slight inconvenience of tapping the upper case "I".
    01-09-21 09:40 AM
    On a new Samsung Galaxy S20Fe, I've been using Cobalt's BB manager keyboard for a week now with absolutely no issues. Works great- just as well as BB10.
    Still irritating getting "Riskware" warnings since an APK sideload. Assume it is expected.
    01-09-21 10:40 AM
    On a new Samsung Galaxy S20Fe, I've been using Cobalt's BB manager keyboard for a week now with absolutely no issues. Works great- just as well as BB10.
    Still irritating getting "Riskware" warnings since an APK sideload. Assume it is expected.
    Good to know since I plan to get the FE, hopefully in the next couple of months.

I may just delete it off my S9 and reinstall - that might just fix whatever is causing the stalling. I do miss the flick-up feature.

I also had tried Gboard and noticed it wouldn't auto insert replacement words. SwiftKey does - took me a while to figure it out, but it's by setting them up shortcuts. But like the BlackBerry Keyboard, it's missing the auto ".com" key when typing in a browser address bar.
    01-09-21 12:25 PM
    Just as an update, I did fully delete the keyboard app, rebooted the phone, and reinstalled the keyboard app.

It's only been a few days, but so far it seems to be working fine again.

Feels like home again...
    01-13-21 12:16 PM
    THe innocent face emoticon is missing from the emoji suit of the BBKeyboard. @Cobalt232 please add it
    01-31-21 09:31 AM
    THe innocent face emoticon is missing from the emoji suit of the BBKeyboard. @Cobalt232 please add it
    Cobalt can't make changes to the apps themselves. That's not what he does.
    01-31-21 09:56 AM
    Cobalt can't make changes to the apps themselves. That's not what he does.
    i see.. i dont see bb pushing an update on the bb keyboard ..anytime soon.. sad.
    01-31-21 10:39 AM
    i see.. i dont see bb pushing an update on the bb keyboard ..anytime soon.. sad.
    Yeah, BlackBerry has pretty much ended work on their apps. A few minor recent updates to the Hub and related apps, but it's been a while on the keyboard app.
    01-31-21 11:08 AM
    Yeah, BlackBerry has pretty much ended work on their apps. A few minor recent updates to the Hub and related apps, but it's been a while on the keyboard app.
    Yes very sad, that's why I have switched to the Microsoft Swiftkey, its very customized, resize able and I find it more accurate in the suggested words than BlackBerry.
    02-02-21 02:58 PM
    Yes very sad, that's why I have switched to the Microsoft Swiftkey, its very customized, resize able and I find it more accurate in the suggested words than BlackBerry.
    Oh? Good to know. I was wondering if there was an acceptable alternative when the day finally comes.
    02-02-21 04:38 PM
    That's what I had started using... along with most the other Microsoft Suite.

If only the could include the swipe feature....
    02-02-21 04:44 PM