Hangouts is set to run by default whether you use it or not. If you disable it, at least in Lollipop, you'll get an annoying message throughout the day that "Hangouts has been stopped", or something like that. And there's no way around it. So you either put up with the message or let it run. Ugh!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not sure which Android device you are using, but both my S6 Edge and Note 5, I have messenger as native sms app, and never used hangouts nor get any messages that it's stopped.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 01:06 PM
    I hope that the real device will look better, I don't like too much what I see in this old picture
    it's not even a picture it's the rendering, am i wrong?
    09-12-15 02:51 PM
    Hangouts is part of the required Google services I believe.

Posted via CB10
    I thought Google loosened the amount of apps a manufacturer has to put in the phone upon delivery?

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 02:59 PM
    I doubt we can get this expertise in here, when Google with all its resources has failed to do it until this very moment.
    I agree, however would be good that if BlackBerry is making the claim for security, what is going to be fundamentally different with the Venice to make Android secure. So far, I have not heard anything on this.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 03:39 PM
    Hmmmm. Is this legit?
    As legit as SEO spam can get LOL. They'll have it eventually, but it's nothing more than a play to get them listed in Google for selling it before others. Everyone who posts about it is basically doing free advertising for Expansys. Nothing more, nothing less.
    09-12-15 07:24 PM
    I hope that the real device will look better, I don't like too much what I see in this old picture
    I don't get it. Do you think the device looks better on other pics that you saw compared to the pic in this ad?
    09-13-15 04:07 AM
    Not sure which Android device you are using, but both my S6 Edge and Note 5, I have messenger as native sms app, and never used hangouts nor get any messages that it's stopped.

Posted via CB10
    Hangouts will still be running for you. just not being used.
    At one point Nexus devices had hangouts as the default sms app
    09-13-15 04:14 AM
    Hangouts is set to run by default whether you use it or not. If you disable it, at least in Lollipop, you'll get an annoying message throughout the day that "Hangouts has been stopped", or something like that. And there's no way around it. So you either put up with the message or let it run. Ugh!

Exactly. Nexus 4 16GB running Lollipop disabled as in force Stop and yet I still get error messages on WiFi.

Hangouts doesn't have to be your default messenger.
    Posted via CB10
    It doesn't have to! The simple fact that regardless of what the end user can do with limited permissions, it's STILL trying to run to connect to Google services - which to me says Google does t give an F about your personal security preferences except that they CAN get your personal data at whatever costs to you!

The subsystem is wired this way and I've never enabled it.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 09:16 AM
    Now it says it's discontinued?

BlackBerry Venice up for pre order on expansys usa-bbvenice.jpg
    09-14-15 12:09 PM
    Sweet. Even the HP Touchpad made it 49 days.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 and eldricho like this.
    09-14-15 01:25 PM
    Now it says it's discontinued?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbvenice.jpg 
Views:	537 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	371263
    I'm taking pre-orders for the Venice now. Send funds to my PayPal address to confirm your order!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 01:50 PM
    I'm taking pre-orders for the Venice now. Send funds to my PayPal address to confirm your order!

Posted via CB10
    I'm taking pre-orders on your pre-order and offering a 25% discount if you order 2 or more. Volume is very important ;-)

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    09-14-15 02:54 PM
    Sweet. Even the HP Touchpad made it 49 days.

Posted via CB10
    Cleverly done

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 02:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    It only happens if you disable the app, not just not use it. I'm on a Droid Turbo.

09-15-15 04:11 PM
39 12