You failed to see the point, but okay.

These phones hardly have a future. The new phones barely sold unlike past devices (BBOS7), Chen himself said if these new models, BB10, aren't profitable then he will have to pull the plug. Obviously the younger age group is what is making waves on the handset sales.

But yes let's continue talking about how great the devices are but when someone asks for more, let's push them back to iOS / Android because BBRY can afford to lose out on more sales.

Next time read the entire post before getting yourself enraged ;P

Posted via CB10
    How do you know how well handset sales will be for the Passport and the Classic? Sounds like a leading argument to me...

Obviously they're not going to break any consumer sales records but that's not the target is it? Since you quoted Chen you should also know that he threw out a figure - 10 million handsets a year - to keep the Devices division profitable and viable. It's obviously a ballpark since BlackBerry is splitting hardware with Foxconn these days but it's something for people to wrap their heads around.

CrackBerry users are talking about how great the devices are because they're excited about the Passport and the Classic. Others are excited about the rumoured Z50 (all touch, high end specs) that might follow. That's what people on mobile fan forums do. Is this different from how people on Android, Apple and Windows forums talk?

I can't help but notice you're new to the community, what's your reason for joining this select group? You seem pretty pessimistic about the future of BlackBerry.

Beyond the pessimism of what they've announced, do you have anything else to contribute? Love to hear what you'd do differently.
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-21-14 11:14 PM
    I had a hard time with iPhone. Seriously, I can't connect to another bluetooth devices
    just because its name doesn't start with lowercase i?

I had a hard time with Android. I know Android has lots of apps, but I've searched through the Play store and can't find anything of interest

I had a hard time with Windows Phone, too much screen real estate lost for the oversized titles, and things are too vertical for me. I'm just uncomfortable using it.

BlackBerry 10 did it just right for me. No problem with lack of apps so far. I count myself as pretty technical guy and won't mind doing technical work if needed (such as flashing ROM) so I find myself pretty comfortable with the current situation I'm in.

And it has the ultimate virtual keyboard. What's not to love?

Maybe I'll change my perception when I have a Z10 sized Android (mine is Galaxy Note, too wide for me), but even then the only advantage Android has over BlackBerry is app store, and that's already covered.

So, not using BlackBerry is actually a torture. That guy in twitter seems to be the kind that needs a lot of apps to satisfy his needs, and insult other brands to distract against his lack of manlihood

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-21-14 11:32 PM
    I had a hard time with iPhone. Seriously, I can't connect to another bluetooth devices just because it doesn't start with lowercase i?

I had a hard time with Android. I know Android has lots of apps, but I've searched through the Play store and can't find anything of interest

I had a hard time with Windows Phone, too much screen real estate lost for the oversized titles, and things are too vertical for me.

BlackBerry 10 did it just right for me. No problem with lack of apps so far. I count myself as pretty technical guy and won't mind doing technical work if needed (such as flashing ROM) so I find myself pretty comfortable with the current situation I'm in.

And it has the ultimate virtual keyboard. What's not to love?

Maybe I'll change my perception when I have a Z10 sized Android (mine is Galaxy Note, too wide for me), but even then the only advantage Android has over BlackBerry is app store, and that's already covered

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    I found the iPhone intriguing, but I hate the keyboard, and abhor iTunes with a passion. I am eager to see what happens with third party keyboards.

WP8 is refreshing to me. A few more apps and some more user control, and we're talking. I like the ecosystem MSFT is patching together. Say "no" to Android apps!

Android appeals to me because I'm a control freak, and I use Gapps for work. We'll see if Google ties up the loose ends with L. Finally, it's getting to a place where rooting can be a hobby and not a necessity.

BB10: great intentions. The sooner the ecosystem issue is fixed, it might have a truer chance to blossom.

I could use any of them if I had to, but enjoy the ability to be picky.
    propeller10 likes this.
    07-21-14 11:42 PM
    Us BlackBerry peasants can't instagram. We can't snapchat. We can't kik. We can't (fill in the blank here) . Etc. Etc.

You get the idea.

Posted via CB10
    IGrann works perfectly on my Z10, so does Snap2Chat. Kik, i downloaded from snap and works perfectly fine, but I never use it.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    07-21-14 11:50 PM
    IGrann works perfectly on my Z10, so does Snap2Chat. Kik, i downloaded from snap and works perfectly fine, but I never use it.

Has the Android runtime sold any phones though? I kinda doubt that it has. And in any event, it's entirely a crapshoot whether the app you need works or not? So that's not a crutch this company needs to lean to heavily on.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-21-14 11:54 PM
    ...and again. It's a tweet. Not an academic paper.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Unfortunately when one tweets such nonsence its hard for anyone to take what he is saying seriously.

spikesolie likes this.
    07-21-14 11:55 PM
    Unfortunately when one tweets such nonsence its hard for anyone to take what he is saying seriously.

You don't use Twitter much do ya?

Anyway he obviously didn't mean for anyone to seriously believe he's suggesting blackberry users are suffering from a syndrome. No one outside of this thread is making that leap.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-21-14 11:57 PM
    HAHAHA wow.

f that guy.

I have an iPod touch and iPad Air. I am very familiar with iOS, and use it regularly. That gives me ALL the authority to repeat this loud and clearly for the millionth time: I never want to use an iPhone as my only phone, because messaging, calls, and web browsing are easier/better for me on a BlackBerry.
    07-22-14 12:04 AM
    Alright, everyone's points have been made and it's been fun while it lasted. Time to put this one to bed.
    Coachbulldog and bennelong like this.
    07-22-14 12:06 AM
84 ... 234