Oh god, another one of these threads? The problem with this logic is that there is constant posts here about games, games, and more games. Its regularly on the front of the Crackberry home page and the Blackberry World is filled with them. If no one is playing them then why do they have them? If no one cares about games or movies and social media then why does everyone celebrate access to Android apps?

Uproar over no instagram, uproar over no netflix, uproar over missing game selections. Having a game on your phone doesn't make you any less productive than not having a game on your phone. I have games on my personal iPhone and never play them. But I let my kids play them if we are in a doctors office, long drive, etc. Having them is a luxury, not a detriment to productivity.

If you are productive then you are productive. If I have a game on my phone I'm not going to sit around and play it because its not who I am. Its not like I'm going to stop what I'm doing to get to a new level or something on a game. I'm either productive or I'm not, and no phone is going to change that. People were productive long before phones came along and they will continue to be no matter what platform they are using.

How is it that we are all so productive but still have time to post constantly on Crackberry? I mean some of you guys who are "super productive" have 10 times the amount of posts I have and I've been here 7 years. I guess it counts as productivity posting on Crackberry all day.
    It's not about all work and no play. Or taking time out to post on CrackBerry, or to have kids or to play a sport or watch a game. It's about what some of us look for in our phones.
    It's great that others love their iPhones, Androids and Windows phone. It's not like those aren't great platforms.
    Different strokes for different folks, whatever tickles your pickle, etc.

I have an Xbox 360 and I should actually be ashamed of the hours I've logged into playing Gears of War franchise lol, but this thread was just me expressing what came to mind when I saw that article.
    Just made me think that the criteria that most of us BlackBerry customers use is way out of orbit from the criteria that others use when selecting a smartphone.

And I apologize if there are a billion threads about this as you insinuated. I just view the forums as a way to interact and share points of view with others. I just wanted to share that link, and judging from some comments here, maybe I added too much of my point of view when I did that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jope28; 04-08-14 at 10:57 PM.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    04-08-14 09:52 AM
    It's not about all work and no play. Or taking time out to post on CrackBerry, or to have kids or to play a sport or watch a game. It's about what some of us look for in our phones.
    It's great that others love their iPhones, Androids and Windows phone. It's not like those aren't great platforms.

I have an Xbox 360 and I should actually be ashamed of the hours I've logged into playing Gears of War franchise lol, but this thread was just me expressing what came to mind when I saw that article.
    Just made me think that the criteria that most of us BlackBerry customers use is way out of orbit from the criteria that others use when selecting a smartphone.

And I apologize if there are a billion threads about this as you insinuated. I just view the forums as a way to interact and share points of views with others. I just wanted to share that link, and judging from some comments here, maybe I added too much of my point of view when I did that.

Posted via CB10
    No need for an apology. And with your above post what you said makes more sense now and I can agree with you on that. I just thought this was another "BB users are more productive and don't need games, etc. because we don't care about them and having them makes you less productive." You have some very valid points and I apologize if my post was a little prickly with how I put things.
    FrankIAm and jope28 like this.
    04-08-14 09:55 AM

And I apologize if there are a billion threads about this as you insinuated. I just view the forums as a way to interact and share points of views with others. I just wanted to share that link, and judging from some comments here, maybe I added too much of my point of view when I did that.

Posted via CB10
    I personally don't see anything wrong with your posts. In fact, not only was the article you linked one of the most logical that I have seen when it comes to smartphone usage in the US, it also brought some pretty thoughtful insights on this thread.

I've been using Blackberry since 2007. I must admit, having a BB10 device is the best. Its IMHO the best of both worlds. Sure I get communication and tasks done, but I also get my fun on with a folder and a third of games, lots of entertainment media and social media/blogging all the time. Its a balance. THAT, IMO, is what one should look for in a smartphone. A balance of what they would use it for-work, social, entertainment and/or gaming. For me it's all-around. I like that with my device I can type out a blog, link it to my social media, then check my work schedule, while BBM-ing someone I love, all while downloading a movie and then playing some "Asphalt 7" or PacMan! What's wrong with that? Its my device and ima use it to how I like. Just like it's your device and you use it to how you like. Like an iPhone user will use their device to their liking and Android and WP and so on. There's too much "well this OS is better and blah blah blah...". we all have our personal preference based on what we use it for. I don't care if I turn 50 (I'm 36 now) and I'm on the subway playing fruit cyborg ninja! Its what I want to do! "Tools not toys"? Well, I've never really liked that slogan. Give me something like "do anything" and we'll talk. Cause that's what I do on my device.
    Back to the main topic on usage in the US, I'm not surprised. The average commute to and from work is about 25 minutes (45 minutes in the NYC area). Most people are gonna want a break from the daily grind. They are gonna want to play a quick game, check up on friends, see quick headlines, etc. I don't see it as a "trendy" thing as too what device they use and why. We only call it "trendy" because the marketing for most of these devices are there in full force. If you never heard of it, how do you know it's available? I don't call it "trendy" I call it "good marketing". And that's just my 2 cents on this.

Post by 9of13's Q
    jope28 likes this.
    04-08-14 10:23 AM
28 12