Saudi ftw

as you know
    07-18-09 08:20 AM
    Saudi ftw

as you know
    Funny, I was just thinkin' about updating this thread.

T-Mobile screwed me over, and basically lied to me about what is included as roaming data. And I got HUGE data bills

I dumped them, and picked up a KSA Cell number about a month ago, and got it including the BIS.

Just a few gripes about STC's BIS:

1. When you choose Service Status on the device, it says BIS is not connected. I thinkn' it's due to the KSA Ministry of Information Firewall. Gotta love censored internet use.

2. Hardly any applications that use data work, the only ones that work are, Browser, BB Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, and GMail Messenger, and Facebook.

3. 3rd Party Browsers don't work...i.e. Operah Mini.

4. I had a Bank of America app that doesn't work, says it isn't a secure connection.

5. ESPN.com app doesn't work, won't connect.

6. CNN.com app doesn't work.

Other than that...it's a great service, LOL. And it's pretty cheap to have a phone here. like only $6/month for the number and only $26/month for BIS that includes 250MB. I can also tether as a backup to my 3G Internet that I've got here in my apartment.

I don't make any phone calls anyway, I don't know anybody here, and the people that I do know, use mostly data anyway on their phone.
    07-18-09 09:45 AM
    wow! u just saved me a lot of money. i was planning to buy one for my gf cause she's in mecca for work for couple of months. glad i read ur post. but if u buy the phone from mobily, can u use all the features of the phone? we are looking for a phone that will alert or notify u if u get a instant messaging. i don't think nokia do that. pls do reply back
    08-06-09 04:28 AM
    can anyone help me here? my gf works in mecca and im planning to gve my extra unlocked blackberry curve to her. she has the mobily sim in there. can she use all the features of the blackberry using mobily? she has the data plan. can somebody pls help me
    08-10-09 03:13 AM
    can anyone help me here? my gf works in mecca and im planning to gve my extra unlocked blackberry curve to her. she has the mobily sim in there. can she use all the features of the blackberry using mobily? she has the data plan. can somebody pls help me
    Not sure about 'all the features' but she can get BB plan added to her plan. I was there in May and I took my Bold with me. Got a mobily SIM with 1G data bundle and used GMail app. But if BBM is what you want, you can get BIS added which is not the same as a data plan. I think it was about SR90/month. This was on a prepaid SIM though.
    08-10-09 06:44 AM
    i want to use BIS PLan on tethering not to avoid data charges, but to access blocked site here in AE,
    08-18-09 04:40 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD