Hello everyone,
    It doesn't looks so bright right now for us waiting with OS updates and new current and coming devices. Pretty disappointing news. Taking this into consideration might save you from frustration !? Take care and See below what I found in some papers today.

BlackBerry reiterated at the event today that existing BB10 devices will skip OS 10.3.

Existing BlackBerry 10 Devices Will Skip OS 10.3 | Ubergizmo

Instead BlackBerry sees its future in selling more services and software to large buyers, such as governments and big companies.
    Blackberry: Not there yet | The Economist
    "Over time, I definitely would like to reach the everyday people, but it's too early for us now," Chen said. "One thing at a time -- let's get ourselves making money and generating cash and get a good book of business."
    BlackBerry CEO wants to return to consumer market but move could take years : BIZ TECH : Tech Times
    BlackBerry CEO wants to return to consumer market but move could take years !

Rgds.
    09-29-14 08:49 AM
    Really? We get 10.3.1 in the near future. Chen although going after enterprise has already stated that building devices is an integral part of that strategy. 4 new devices this year alone. More to come in the near future. Do you not think that enterprise units translate into consumer use after hours? These all are stupid articles written to suppress a BlackBerry comeback. However, the passport will be a huge success as it is already demonstrating for BlackBerry. No need to go further down on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:59 AM
    Hello everyone,
    It doesn't looks so bright right now for us waiting with OS updates and new current and coming devices. Pretty disappointing news. Taking this into consideration might save you from frustration !? Take care and See below what I found in some papers today.

BlackBerry reiterated at the event today that existing BB10 devices will skip OS 10.3.

Existing BlackBerry 10 Devices Will Skip OS 10.3 | Ubergizmo

Instead BlackBerry sees its future in selling more services and software to large buyers, such as governments and big companies.
    Blackberry: Not there yet | The Economist
    "Over time, I definitely would like to reach the everyday people, but it's too early for us now," Chen said. "One thing at a time -- let's get ourselves making money and generating cash and get a good book of business."
    BlackBerry CEO wants to return to consumer market but move could take years : BIZ TECH : Tech Times
    BlackBerry CEO wants to return to consumer market but move could take years !

Rgds.
    Sorry but nothing you've posted here is new, or as far as I can see an issue. So we skip 10.3, but we go straight to 10.3.1 sometime after the Classic launch next month, this is only a good thing.

Chen has been saying pretty much since he started at BlackBerry that he sees the company mostly as a software based entity. Again, this doesn't mean BlackBerry is going to forgo hardware, it's just that it will be much more focused to the Enterprise side of things rather than the consumer market. I really don't care if BlackBerry ever returns to the consumer market, to be honest, what I love about BlackBerry devices and OS's is the fact they can do things other devices can only dream of. I'd much rather never see the likes of the consumer aimed Storm & Storm 2, or any of the lower end Curve type devices again.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-29-14 09:05 AM
    It doesn't look good? If you compare with what it looked like last year, it is very good.

Yes, we're waiting for 10.3.1 which is a bummer, but there is an awesome device which (thanks to its design) is turning heads and putting BlackBerry back into peoples mind.

Chen was very clear with the turnaround taking a lot of time. He didn't sugar coat it, and he's right on his plan.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    09-29-14 10:32 AM