Hello, the other day I received an e-mail from Blackberry regarding a new upgrade (BlackBerry Device Software v4.5) that they had put out. The e-mail told me to go to the Blackberry website Blackberry.com/go/update BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software[/url]. It simply told me to plug my Blackberry into the computer with a usb and CLICK UPDATE on the bottom of the page. I followed these instructions and the UPDATE link wasn't there, my phone was not updated.
    1. What does this update entail?
    2. Is it necessary for me to update my phone, and if so, how do I go about doing this?

Thanks for all your help guys.

-jgmone21 Windy City-
    06-26-09 08:57 AM
    BlackBerry and the carriers have worked out a very nice upgrade feature. They control the process for start to finish, and are there to support any issues that might arise.

One prerequisite is the presence of BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software. That has to be installed before the upgrade can work correctly.

The upgrade offers substantial improvements including HTML email, streaming media, video recording among others. It is well worth the effort.

06-26-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD