03-06-13 11:49 AM
    It's definitely a positive, but I'm not sure I would consider 1,800 devices "major".
    03-06-13 12:21 PM
    First came the German government and now this:

BlackBerry up on news of another major supply contract | CTV News
    Surprised this made the news as it's a fairly small deployment. Normally this would make the news if said small deployment switched.
    03-06-13 12:22 PM
    It's definitely a positive, but I'm not sure I would consider 1,800 devices "major".
    the number may be "small", but the fact that the health care industry is on board, is important because, healthcare is a major player in the worlds economy. this should lead to other healthcare groups using the Z10
    03-06-13 12:47 PM
    Surprised this made the news as it's a fairly small deployment. Normally this would make the news if said small deployment switched.
    Isn't this "fairly small deployment" about 20% of the ones that everyone was so quick to make a fuss about when home depot switching got rehashed the other week?

The size of the order is less of an issue anyway so much as the speed at which some of these contracts are happening when businesses and the public sector tend to be much slower to upgrade than consumers.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-06-13 12:51 PM
    Isn't this "fairly small deployment" about 20% of the ones that everyone was so quick to make a fuss about when home depot switching got rehashed the other week?
    Sure. And several times the size of the Transportation and Safety board deployment that got substantially more media coverage.
    anon3969612 likes this.
    03-06-13 01:05 PM
    Agreed, imagine if BBRY surged on every small-med business adoption. BES10 which manages BYOD (iOS, Android, BB) on a single server still needs to happen (planned for May of this year), I think that is the last major hurdle they need to overcome for the corporate adoption floodgates to open.
    03-06-13 01:08 PM
    By seeking alpha standads, this is HUGE!
    m1a1mg likes this.
    03-06-13 01:11 PM
    The BB master plan is starting to take shape. We are going to see more and more of this as they claw lost customers and corporations back into the fold. Each one of these stories clearly shows BB is back in business in a serious way no matter what the media wants to portray.

Being long on BB is a lovely thing!
    03-06-13 01:43 PM
    Its clear that the Z10 and BB10 far surpassed everyones expectations, even RIMMs BBRYs. This is a beyond our wildest expectations moment for them im sure. there have been very few people that werent WOWed by the phone. from the sorrys we have been hearing even the store reps love it, and they will be the ones pushing it.

fingers crossed that the U.S. market follows suit with the same success of the other markets. it could make for a very interesting earnings call. I hope the phones are out by then.
    03-06-13 04:09 PM
    It's better than 0.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-06-13 07:04 PM
    Well, if any company would be quite concerned about communications security, a mental health organisation would be it.

In the words of the knight guarding the Holy Grail: "You have chosen wisely."
    03-07-13 07:51 AM