Hi! I had always use Nokia phones. Their durability, and software were the best as my opinion, till Nokia change to windows!!! As that happened, I was desperately looking for a platform and a reliable phone that could exceed my needs. Sorry IPhone, you're only good for playing music, android is awful! So I decide to try BlackBerry. I bought the BlackBerry Z10 and went crazy! Why I haven't try BlackBerry before???? So now I'm a happy BlackBerry user!!! But now I have one great deal of concern.

The BlackBerry platform in the States and the Carribean is been going down to cero!!! As I bought my Z10 almost two years ago I was surprised with my new cell phone but till today I haven't been able to use BBM video calls cause no one that I know has a BlackBerry! I haven't seen almost any promotions on TV about BlackBerry!!! When I ask people and show my cellphone they say," what, a BlackBerry without keyboard, now their talking" but in the conversation they also add that the company is on bankrupt! That they won't rely on BlackBerry cause of that!!! At that moment I went; " then why did I bought BlackBerry"? So I decide to learn more, found a site called Crack Berry and this help me to understand things... so I decide to keep my well earn and trusted BlackBerry!!!! .... But, as for today December 2nd, 2014. I'm looking for a new cell phone and, What's my really big problem? There's no company in Puerto Rico selling BlackBerry. All they have is a few, almost 2 two years old, Z10 and saying that they are not running anymore the BlackBerry platform.... What????? I'm using Claro right now, but neither AT&T, T-Mobile, Open Mobile, or any of the carriers here in Puerto Rico or the States is selling BlackBerry!!!! Why???? Why have BlackBerry company lose track on the America's market??? I ask for the BlackBerry Z30, and the answer is, " you're talking about the new Sony Z3" and I say, "sorry but no, I'm talking "THE" BlackBerry Z30".... can't believe they don't even know that BlackBerry had that model! What can I do now??? I want a new phone but I don't have support from the company itself. Now, if my carrier don't support that platform, How would I ever download updates? Please don't make me lose this treasure I had just found on BlackBerry!!!! I don't trust Android, and I hate IOS, Windows is a full no go on it... but now I'm really feeling depressed!!! Were's BlackBerry??? I've been reading about great news about BlackBerry on Crack Berry site but still haven't heard nothing in the states or in Puerto Rico... Here in this market people are loving the keyboardless phones, also do I... I was astonished when I saw the Porche Design P9982 but the price is too high to earn it. The Z30 is a full year old phone. So that leaves me out of new options... please, I don't know if BlackBerry CEO, John S. Chen would take any action in the US and Carribean market but I'm hoping that my words could get to his ear and develop a product worthy of what American people expect, so the BlackBerry name and confident could raise once more on American people.

Thanks for the opportunity to open this theme for forum... hope to hear great news back here. Let me know you're approval or disappointment on my post either way I'll be great full!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 05:01 AM
    I approve of your post.
    12-02-14 07:32 AM
    It's the same situation here in the uk. It sucks!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 07:41 AM
    Buy Blackberry on the interwebz you can. Switch to the dark side you should not.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    12-02-14 07:49 AM
    I would gladly be a BlackBerry ambassador here in the USA to help jump start the brand again. A small salary and some demo devices and display to put on some workshops here in the USA. I really believe if they were to target corporate America and repair the relationship with T Mobile, it would be a good start.

You need to have a physical presence to effectively demonstrate the new products to the consumer and the corporate clients. Advertising using commercials is fine once you have a foothold in the market. But!!!!

BlackBerry is in a rebuilding phase and having a device to demonstrate the functionality is huge. I honestly believe that once you get the product into the hands of a perspective customer, the device will sell itself. Patching up the relationship with the carriers here should also be a top priority. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    miker476 likes this.
    12-02-14 07:51 AM
    I would gladly be a BlackBerry ambassador here in the USA to help jump start the brand again. A small salary and some demo devices and display to put on some workshops here in the USA. I really believe if they were to target corporate America and repair the relationship with T Mobile, it would be a good start.

You need to have a physical presence to effectively demonstrate the new products to the consumer and the corporate clients. Advertising using commercials is fine once you have a foothold in the market. But!!!!

BlackBerry is in a rebuilding phase and having a device to demonstrate the functionality is huge. I honestly believe that once you get the product into the hands of a perspective customer, the device will sell itself. Patching up the relationship with the carriers here should also be a top priority. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    I'd love to do that... ^

? ? ? Zzzzwipetyped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-02-14 03:32 PM
    Hello and welcome,
    First, get a new BlackBerry from shop BlackBerry. Com or amazon, I think they do monthly payments with PayPal.

Second, your carrier will support any unlocked BlackBerry, ( your z10 works, so will your new one)

Have a look at the BlackBerry passport (if you like keyboards and a big screen, or the classic, coming soon)

Third, you can manually update your phone if your carrier doesn't push it to you. Just search crackberry for this.

Carriers here in the UK aren't supporting BlackBerry either. Yet I will not purchase any other manufacturer.
    Hope this helps,

Stevi

? Z10
    12-02-14 03:51 PM
    Well, thanks for all you're post.. surely we all have the same need for a BlackBerry in our area... as we all are in love with our devices the company should not leave the good customers forgotten. Right now, I'm one of those who want a NEW model with NO keyboard, and the latest is the year old Z30...
    Now the updates are not that easy the deal with them. And if they could add in the BlackBerry Web page an update downloader for all devices... by doing that they have world wide opportunities for all customers...
    I know BlackBerry is developing strategies the overcome the downfall they had but a lot of people feel lost without the direct support from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 05:14 PM
    Well, thanks for all you're post.. surely we all have the same need for a BlackBerry in our area... as we all are in love with our devices the company should not leave the good customers forgotten. Right now, I'm one of those who want a NEW model with NO keyboard, and the latest is the year old Z30...
    Now the updates are not that easy the deal with them. And if they could add in the BlackBerry Web page an update downloader for all devices... by doing that they have world wide opportunities for all customers...
    I know BlackBerry is developing strategies the overcome the downfall they had but a lot of people feel lost without the direct support from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Even if you buy a Z30 you won't feel that it's old. Isn't there a 30 day satisfaction on online purchases? If you don't like it return it?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 05:41 PM
    If you can afford it go with the Z30. It is a good phone. You will need to learn how to install leaks on your device. there is plenty of documentation on the subject here on crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 09:29 PM
    Maybe that is what I should do for my next job : selling blackberry phone in the US and where you live

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 09:31 PM
    Always a blackberry ambassador where ever I go, and will defend it no matter the opposition
    12-10-14 10:09 PM