Hi everyone,
    I installed blackberry unite the other day on my computer. The next day when I turned the computer back on blackberry unite no longer worked. I decided to try to reinstall/uninstall but nothing worked. Now I am asking how can I get rid of unite on my bb. I know an IT Polic was put on the device, but it was an open policy so I am not worried about removing the policy. The only thing I would like to do is delete the callendar appointments that were synced OTA since there are doubles now since I turned off wireless sync and synced with outlook. Would reloading the OS deactivate my handheld from unite? I really liked unite but if it is going to just stop workng I would like to remove it from my handheld. If you need any more info to help me just let me know. Thanks!
    09-06-08 08:09 PM
    Options > advanced options > applications > scroll to BB Unite >
    press menu and select delete.

Then go to Service Book and delete every instance of BB Unite
    you find. I would suggest reboot the BB after you're done.

And it is still possible that you may have to remove that IT Policy.
    09-06-08 08:17 PM
    When I delete the BB unite service books (there are four) The network just pushed them back to me the second they were deleted
    any sugestions?
    Thanks!
    09-06-08 08:25 PM
    Help me out here a little bit.

You want to keep it on your PC but not on your BB?

If that is the case I think you could just unregister the
    phone within the app (on your PC)and then do what I advised above.
    It's been a while since my Unite! debacle
    so bear with me if my questions are dumb.
    09-06-08 08:31 PM
    The unite on my computer became corrupted and no longer works
    I do not have the option to unregister it from the pc
    I tried to reinstall it and uninstall it but the blackberry sync and sql server never work must not work with vista properly yet.
    Is there a way to remove it from the handheld without access to the unite itself.
    could i install unite on another pc activate my bb on that pc and them remove it or would it still have the original instance of unite on the bb?
    Thanks!
    09-06-08 08:38 PM
    I think you can. But I think you would just have to reenter your
    info to bring up the account and go from there.

Give it a shot. I'll keep an eye on this.

And again I am sorry, I am working from memory (dodgy one no less )
    09-06-08 09:02 PM
    I was able to reinstall unite and connect my bb to unite. I was able to delete the appointments that were stuck on the device and I couldn't delete. The file transfer app and the service books are still on the device after I removed my bb as a user from unite. Is there a way to get rid of these? Are they apart of the IT policy? Since I have an open IT policy it does not matter if I do not remove it since I do not want to chance bricking the device since I would not be able to get another. Thanks for your help!!!
    09-07-08 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD