After downloading and installing blackberry unite, I realized that I could not go on the internet. I receive e-mails but can't access the internet. My defaut browser says unitbrowser, even after uninstalling BB unite on the phone.
    Can someone please tell what to do fix this problem.
    07-02-08 09:38 PM
    If you are running OS4.3, get java commander and select the restore to factory option. This will wipe off the it policy and restore your unit to factory settings, your installed apps will still be there when complete. This should take five minutes or so.

Before you do that you should do a backup of your berry. Go to the advanced backup option in desktop manager and delete your service books from your backup file or delete them before you backup. Once you have done the backup and restored to factory settings, you should run your backup file. You will need to turn on the wireless and send service books again from the BIS page from your carrier, its the same page you set up your email on. This should take about a half an hour from start to finish.

If you are running an OS older than 4.3 it is more involved.
    Last edited by zinadork; 07-09-08 at 04:14 PM.
    07-09-08 04:11 PM
    If you are running OS4.3, get java commander and select the restore to factory option. This will wipe off the it policy and restore your unit to factory settings, your installed apps will still be there when complete. This should take five minutes or so.

Before you do that you should do a backup of your berry. Go to the advanced backup option in desktop manager and delete your service books from your backup file or delete them before you backup. Once you have done the backup and restored to factory settings, you should run your backup file. You will need to turn on the wireless and send service books again from the BIS page from your carrier, its the same page you set up your email on. This should take about a half an hour from start to finish.

If you are running an OS older than 4.3 it is more involved.
    I just had to say thank you for this post. I installed Blackberry Unite two days ago and it removed my media net browser and I tried everything to fix it with no luck. This simple trick fix all my problems. Thanks!!!
    07-11-08 06:37 PM
    Yes, that is the problem most people are having with Unite, forgetting the have to rid the device of the policy. I'm glad you're back to normal again. Post if you have anymore questions or concerns.
    07-14-08 11:01 AM
    can some one help remove unite IT policy.
    maybe i should have read about the software before i installed.

OS 4.2
    US Cellular
    07-18-08 07:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can use JL Cmder as well, but I think it involves a bunch more steps including manual reload of the OS. I think after using JL on it, it will give you a white screen with an error, and then you have to start the manual OS install from there. Do a search on Google and you should be able to find it.
    07-18-08 10:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can use JL Cmder as well, but I think it involves a bunch more steps including manual reload of the OS. I think after using JL on it, it will give you a white screen with an error, and then you have to start the manual OS install from there. Do a search on Google and you should be able to find it.
    yes thank you.
    got the white screen error 507, then reinstalled os form link on us cellular's site. after about a 20 min restart on bb. i still have the same locked firewall
    mot abig deal at least it is on. can get browser to work some times. if you try to click home in menu it always goes to the home page for the current page that you are on. I can not get the bluetooth to work at all. will not pair with anything. my bb is only 2 months old (new) and not on a work server.
    I dont know if this is something that the unite IT policy did or something after tring to get it back.

Thank for your help
    07-18-08 11:23 PM
    You might try searching on the locked firewall problem. I thought I read somewhere about loading a blank IT policy to address issues such as this. I can't be sure of that though. But I am sure if you do a search of the forums, you can find out about the blank IT policy and how to fix your firewall.
    07-19-08 07:03 AM
    I just had this issue with my BlackBerry. Using JL Cmder works fine (you have to use option 5 which is resettofactory). This will clear the IT policy and firewall. HOWEVER! BlackBerry Unite! must install a policy file. What happened to me was that after I used JL Cmder, everything was fine. BUT then I connected the Berry to my computer and IT Policy and Firewall are enabled again! I had to delete the file policy.bin from C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry.

After I deleted that file everything is back to normal. So, to go over the steps once more:

Please keep in mind that these instructions are for a BlackBerry Curve 8330 on Verizon running OS 4.3. Please be sure to backup your Berry before doing this if you want to save your data.

1) Remove user(s) from BlackBerry Unite!
    2) Uninstall BlackBerry Unite!
    3) Use JL Cmder and resettofactory settings. This will wipe your device.
    4) Delete the file policy.bin from C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry (use windows search to look for policy.bin if you can't find it).
    5) Fire up desktop manager and restore your settings.

Any questions post here or PIN me:
    31b2bd37
    Last edited by BigPete; 07-24-08 at 10:48 PM.
    07-24-08 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD