I'm sorry if this problem is asked before, but I cannot find any clues to overcome it anywhere.

I'm now having a 8310 with 4.5 os, everything works perfectly except that it cannot display Vietnamese characters correctly (we use precompound unicode).
    This problem affects all 4.5 and lower OSes, 4.6 and higher OSes don't have this problem. So not only 8310 but also all 88xx 87xx and 83xx (except 8330) models have this problem.
    There also many users who is using them (most popular models maybe) in Vietnam are finding answer like me

Is there any hybrid OSes for for 88xx, 83xx and 87xx that can display precompound unicode characters? Or is there any other ways to go?
    (Of course upgrading to higher models is not an option in this discussion )

Many thanks in advance,
    02-26-10 11:07 PM
    Hello,

Unfortunately it seems that only higher software versions (OS 4.6 and up) utilize a rendering engine for Unicode characters that transform precomposed characters into decomposed characters. Earlier versions of the software (OS 4.5 and earlier) do not have this functionality built in.

At any case BlackBerry does not support precomposed Unicode and the functionality found in newer software versions utilize a workaround method to display characters properly.

I don't know about the Curve 83xx series or the 87xx devices, but there are OS 5.0 hybrids available for 88xx devices. Search for them and try them out, I'm unsure though whether or not they will help your situation.

Good luck.
    02-27-10 06:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD