Lots of lovely acronyms in that title.

Anyway, I have my very first Blackberry on the O2 network in the UK, and noticed that despite O2 quite loudly talking expanding their EDGE network last week when the iPhone was announced, am only seeing GPRS on my phone. I'm in the Putney area mostly.

Is EDGE pretty limited even in London, then?
    09-22-07 03:56 PM
    According to a few people, yes it's limited...

There is another thread asking a similar question...
    09-22-07 07:14 PM
    You will get EDGE at Heathrow / Gatwick and very little elsewhere at present. It will increase, however whilst O2 have done well to get some sort of service, the UK is still way behind.
    09-23-07 08:34 AM
    Hi Mr O. I live in manchester and for the most part it seems like gprs too but on some places it alters to Edge. Is Edge significantly better?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-07 11:55 AM
    I have managed to get EDGE in Wigan on occaisions but mainly just GPRS

Oddly though, I got EDGE reception on a farm in the middle of Devon last week.

I hope O2 do improve the coverage as it does sound as though it is much better
    09-23-07 01:34 PM
    Its marginally quicker data service but atleast we know we will get it as the Iphone will aide this...
    09-23-07 01:44 PM
    Hey,

I'm around the Putney area, and on O2 as well.

Strangely the only place I have ever seen EDGE come up on my BB is somewhere between Whitton and Hounslow on the train if coming from Putney!

As far as I can tell it's pretty much just houses there so it's bit confusing. Also, it's only the EDGE connection for a short time, so every morning I sit on the train and wait for it come up, and do what I need to do quickly before it goes back to GPRS

Regards
    09-23-07 03:26 PM
    In the last couple of days I've noticed when I'm at home (Putney) my Blackberry has a strong GPRS signal but then reverts to GSM within a few seconds. I used to get GPRS 100% of the time and now I barely ever get it, rendering the phone useless

Anyone else getting this?
    10-29-07 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD