quite an intersting information the UAE's Telecommunication Regulation Authority has released.
    Showing that Nokia has the most phones in the market followed by Samsung and BlackBerry in front of Apple in 3rd position...

TRA Q2 Report Provides Unique Data on Current UAE Mobile Industry - Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA)
    08-19-13 01:03 PM
    quite an intersting information the UAE's Telecommunication Regulation Authority has released.
    Showing that Nokia has the most phones in the market followed by Samsung and BlackBerry in front of Apple in 3rd position...

TRA Q2 Report Provides Unique Data on Current UAE Mobile Industry - Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA)
    And yet this market has no BBM voice or video.
    If BlackBerry had provided these for their customers in the area I'm sure the share would be even bigger.
    Instead they chose to work with carriers to the detriment of their end users.
    08-19-13 01:24 PM
    Well.. According to the telecoms, the regulatory body is the one banning the video function of BBM, who knows... I gave up on BB in general...
    As for Nokia selling more than iPhone or Samsung, perhaps its true but believe me, I don't believe it's for any of their high end phones where the true margin is.... I phone and Samsung are probably making killer money where perhaps Nokia is even losing money if they are competing I the low end market as Samsung will hurt them there through subsidies.. I'm yet to see one person with a high end Nokia phone... It's a dead brand here amongst power rich purchasing segment.. Even blackberry is more popular and making probably a decent margin here but market eroding fast as we are seeing some crazy discount on their latest ranges...
    I'm proud to say that although HTC one is relatively not so popular here like in NA, but there are already like 5 of them in family circle now and I have seen them around elsewhere..
    Nokia is popular with the thousands of labor work force here as most or actually all come from Asian countries where Nokia is popular but no margin there...
    In a nutshell,
    Iphones make killer margins
    Samsung makes very healthy margins on high end but potentially loses or breaks even in lower end
    BlackBerry market share and margins are eroding fast as it is in most developed countries...
    Nokia potentially losing money on lower end phones... High end phones nowhere to be seen but sold everywhere
    Finally, Good to see HTC one making some inroads as it is a quality phone..
    Other phones like Sony, LG perhaps have their fans and perhaps doing well.. Not sure...

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    08-19-13 01:47 PM
    Yeah i like the look of the HTC one but am scared of that camera, worried it won't be good enough for daytime shots to keep for years.

I think it's fair to say BlackBerry worked closely with carriers to block bbm voice and video in these areas, even skype has not and their users find workarounds.

BlackBerry?
    The icon for voice and video doesn't even show up in the uae, pops up again when out of the uae.
    BlackBerry have clearly had a hand in that.
    Sad.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 03:04 PM
    sure the most used phones are the Nokia 1280/1282 , 101/1010 and X1-01..
    Not really the greatest phones but very cheap available for masses of low income laborers.
    08-20-13 02:28 AM
    Well.. According to the telecoms, the regulatory body is the one banning the video function of BBM, who knows... I gave up on BB in general...
    As for Nokia selling more than iPhone or Samsung, perhaps its true but believe me, I don't believe it's for any of their high end phones where the true margin is.... I phone and Samsung are probably making killer money where perhaps Nokia is even losing money if they are competing I the low end market as Samsung will hurt them there through subsidies.. I'm yet to see one person with a high end Nokia phone... It's a dead brand here amongst power rich purchasing segment.. Even blackberry is more popular and making probably a decent margin here but market eroding fast as we are seeing some crazy discount on their latest ranges...
    I'm proud to say that although HTC one is relatively not so popular here like in NA, but there are already like 5 of them in family circle now and I have seen them around elsewhere..
    Nokia is popular with the thousands of labor work force here as most or actually all come from Asian countries where Nokia is popular but no margin there...
    In a nutshell,
    Iphones make killer margins
    Samsung makes very healthy margins on high end but potentially loses or breaks even in lower end
    BlackBerry market share and margins are eroding fast as it is in most developed countries...
    Nokia potentially losing money on lower end phones... High end phones nowhere to be seen but sold everywhere
    Finally, Good to see HTC one making some inroads as it is a quality phone..
    Other phones like Sony, LG perhaps have their fans and perhaps doing well.. Not sure...

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    Even in the US it is the lower end devices that I have been seeing, and I have been seeing quite a few of them out in the wild. WAY more than I ever see BlackBerries - have not seen a BB10 device at all. I think right now that both Nokia and Microsoft are in a building phase, they know that they have to get the numbers up in order to quickly build a platform, so they are relying on inexpensive devices with very small margins to accomplish this. Now they are releasing some premium devices too, but to be honest the NUMBERS are in the "free on contract" devices.
    08-20-13 08:24 AM
    Big fish in a small pond. The entire UAE market is about as big as the NY City market.
    08-22-13 01:15 AM
    Big fish in a small pond. The entire UAE market is about as big as the NY City market.
    Lol.
    For BlackBerry the uae market will prolly be several times their nyc marketshare.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 01:50 AM
    10% of what?
    Does anybody have that number.
    08-22-13 02:55 AM