So there's hope! It takes an argument to build a function, and a function to build a program, and a program to build an OS, and an OS to build a smartphone.! BB11! Awesome.. or should I say Awesome(argument1,...,argument n);
    (It also takes a keyboard (or some such signal processor)..to make an argument....)
    02-17-20 01:52 PM
    (It also takes a keyboard (or some such signal processor)..to make an argument....)
    No, it doesn't......
    02-17-20 03:44 PM
    Still no one here has explained why BlackBerry posted to their Twitter account that people who have issues with their BBOS/BB10/Priv devices should contact them for help, when the last devices rolled off the line well over three years ago.

Why post that if BB Ltd really didn't have anything at all to sell to those holdouts?
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    02-17-20 03:51 PM

Why post that if BB Ltd really didn't have anything at all to sell to those holdouts?
    To reiterate that they have nothing to do with TCL and their devices. They want to preempt unnecessary calls.
    bendiep1991 and eshropshire like this.
    02-17-20 03:56 PM
    No, it doesn't......
    lol.
    02-17-20 03:59 PM
    Still no one here has explained why BlackBerry posted to their Twitter account that people who have issues with their BBOS/BB10/Priv devices should contact them for help, when the last devices rolled off the line well over three years ago.

As I said before...... I smell a Key3!

It's gonna be revealed at the super secret MWC in Barcelona.

Posted from my P'9983
    02-17-20 04:45 PM
    It's gonna be revealed at the super secret MWC in Barcelona.
    MWC is so secret that it won't take place this year.
    02-17-20 04:58 PM

For the same reason as BBMe consumer edition
    02-17-20 04:59 PM
    MWC is so secret that it won't take place this year.
    MWC...Wasn't it renamed...Mobile With Coronavirus?...and then promptly quarantined it (Cylance anyone?)?...I think they're looking at moving it offshore to one of those cruise ships with an already captive audience.
    02-17-20 11:21 PM
    I am still waiting for the BB10 partner. Actual BlackBerry Limited verified employees said in 2016 they were looking too license BB10. I guess both new partners will be announced at the same time.
    Bbnivende and bberrist like this.
    02-24-20 11:53 AM
    I am still waiting for the BB10 partner. Actual BlackBerry Limited verified employees said in 2016 they were looking too license BB10. I guess both new partners will be announced at the same time.
    Problem is in 2016 there was an undefined market of BBOS and BB10 enterprise customers that relied on BlackBerry. TCL defined it.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-24-20 02:51 PM
    To reiterate that they have nothing to do with TCL and their devices. They want to preempt unnecessary calls.
    Or they may need to show they are handling service requests to keep there jobs! I have never needed to contact BlackBerry support about anything in 17 years.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-24-20 03:24 PM
    There are quotes in the media from Mike Lazaridis and Thorsten Heins going back to at least 2011 that they were looking for licensing partners for BB10, and Heins and then Chen both reiterated in 2013 that they continued to look for licensing partners. They never found any - and that's why this statement that "BB will look for other partners" is a big nothing-burger. It's technically true, but it means absolutely nothing.

It reminds me of Erlich Bachman, T.J. Miller's character in the TV show Silicon Valley, who habitually grouped himself together with successful people and companies to make himself look better. "Between myself and Bill Gates, we control hundreds of billions of the world's most important technology." "Between myself and Elon Musk, we are expanding the possibilities of technology in amazing new ways." Most people know it's total crap, but a few people actually believed his BS, which was both hilarious and sad.
    02-24-20 10:52 PM
    yeheeeey
    03-03-20 02:04 AM
    Now it says the tweet is unavailable?
    03-06-20 10:53 AM
    Now it says the tweet is unavailable?
    Probably because people actually took it seriously when chances are they haven't even thought of devices or care to even think about devices. Licensed or not.
    03-06-20 11:10 AM
    Probably because people actually took it seriously when chances are they haven't even thought of devices or care to even think about devices. Licensed or not.
    Exactly.
    03-06-20 11:50 AM
    That's it from BlackBerryHelp. On March 19 they wrote:

Hi #TeamBlackBerry, starting April 1st, this account will no longer be active. For self-service options and support, visit blackberry.com/support and blackberry.com/contact. For all BlackBerry news and updates, please follow @blackberry. Thank you for your continued support.

Posted via my new Q10 and the still working CB app.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-20 12:30 PM
    That's it from BlackBerryHelp. On March 19 they wrote:

Hi #TeamBlackBerry, starting April 1st, this account will no longer be active. For self-service options and support, visit blackberry.com/support and blackberry.com/contact. For all BlackBerry news and updates, please follow @blackberry. Thank you for your continued support.

Posted via my new Q10 and the still working CB app.

Posted via CB10
    My guess is by the end of the year... there won't be much of anything left of the BlackBerry we knew.

They'll be a software company focused on Automotive and ESS.
    03-25-20 01:37 PM
44 12