I have a gut feeling that there will be a BlackBerry TV announced too. Does anybody else feels same..
    fedakd likes this.
    01-30-13 12:50 AM
    [complete speculation]
    01-30-13 12:52 AM
    I have a gut feeling that there will be a BlackBerry TV announced too. Does anybody else feels same..
    You're off your rocker. I mean that in a nice way of course but still, you're off your rocker. That isn't happening. You will however be getting DLNA support for BlackBerry 10 in which you can transmit content from your device to your DLNA compatible media device. ie: Your TV.
    V22 and howarmat like this.
    01-30-13 01:31 AM
    Wishful thinking. RIM will be focusing on their core offerings before venturing off into anything else.
    01-30-13 01:32 AM
    Once you own a working OS, it does not take much to make a Apple TV kidn of device..
    they just need to remove Display, battery, and modem from the Phone.. put a good TV specific GUI and tune it for Multimedia.. and you get your BB TV
    I feel that may be a reason that Netflix was so publicly saying no to a BB10 App.. and also that is why RIM is pushing for partnerships with so many content providers..
    01-30-13 01:44 AM
    Funny, I thought the same thing when all the content partnerships were announced. Tomorrow may be full of surprises

Once you own a working OS, it does not take much to make a Apple TV kidn of device..
    they just need to remove Display, battery, and modem from the Phone.. put a good TV specific GUI and tune it for Multimedia.. and you get your BB TV
    I feel that may be a reason that Netflix was so publicly saying no to a BB10 App.. and also that is why RIM is pushing for partnerships with so many content providers..
    01-30-13 01:54 AM
    i doubt that RIM could have kept this quiet utterly and completely.

I think you're reaching a bit
    01-30-13 04:23 AM
    Don't agree there. It's not trivial to design, develop, manufacture, ship, market and get content on such a device.
    01-30-13 04:25 AM
    I think he was joking because of all the talk about apple tv.
    01-30-13 08:31 AM
    They are not going to announce anything tomorrow that wasn't announced today. That would be crazy.
    01-30-13 11:31 AM
    BlackBerry TV project got canned about 1.5 years ago
    01-30-13 11:33 AM