Hi
    Lately I was watching a TV drama - it may have been "The Hustle" or "Spooks", I can't quite remember - and the main characters, when making mobile phone calls were using iPhones.

Sometimes this indirect advertising is more powerful than the dedicated in-your-face commercials, especially if the device is being used by a "cool" character in the TV/Film - its subliminal.

It would be great to get Blackberries on screen, in use by some "cool" characters.

C'mon RIM, lets see those Berries on the big and small screen.

Cheers
    J
    02-10-12 07:27 AM
    Lately I'm seeing a few BBs in TV and movies.

Ex. The playbook (with support from a Torch) will star in one movie coming out soon, something about a plane, it's in another thread
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-10-12 at 11:38 AM.
    02-10-12 07:48 AM
    Well on the first few episodes of Alcatraz, the main character was using a BB, but I noticed on the most recent episode she is now using an Android :s
    02-10-12 07:52 AM
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was nothing but iphones. I was thinking, really? Come on. Throw at least one BB in there!
    02-10-12 08:18 AM
    in the Good Wife they use BB phones but ipad tablets....
    BearSnout likes this.
    02-10-12 08:21 AM
    In "White Collar" they use BB's. I think the main character has been using a Torch.
    02-10-12 09:06 AM
    You can see quite a few BlackBerrys in Burn Notice, in an episode the other day, I eyeballed an 8100, a 9000, and a 9700.

I've also seen them on Royal Pains, and at least one other show, the name slips my mind, but the lady pshrink who works in the sports field. I could look it up, but I'm having a lazy moment.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-10-12 at 09:20 AM.
    02-10-12 09:16 AM
    The behind the camera crew doesn't really care what the phones are as long as they're offered free or the cheapest. Most phones are offered to movies and TV for free, just for the exposure. But I've heard all kinds of phones misidentified as iPhones in audience conversations. And anything with a keyboard identified as a Blackberry.

It's nice to see Blackberries clearly shown on NCIS. Since that's the most popular show on TV and there's an aura of high tech, it's a nice product placement. And, no, last time I looked Gibbs had what was supposed to be the dumb phone equivalent of a secure phone. But he's a blatantly low tech character.
    02-10-12 09:39 AM
    I saw "Due Date" recently on HBO, Robert Downey Junior used a Black Berry Bold 9000 the entire movie. I remember there was a line when the air marshal said put your device down, Robert Downey character said "It's not a device, it a BlackBerry"
    JAGWIRE and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    02-10-12 09:54 AM
    Matt Damon in the Adjustment Bureau uses a BB. Not sure what model number.
    02-11-12 05:13 AM
    I know Hotch on Criminal Minds has used BB in the past. Also I remember getting all excited when I saw Garcia using a Sidekick 3 because that's what I had at the time.
    02-11-12 06:29 AM
    Emily Thorne was holding "Amanda's" white Blackberry (bold?) in the latest episode of the tv series, Revenge.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    02-11-12 06:33 AM
    I saw "Due Date" recently on HBO, Robert Downey Junior used a Black Berry Bold 9000 the entire movie. I remember there was a line when the air marshal said put your device down, Robert Downey character said "It's not a device, it a BlackBerry"
    What about at the end where his partener says "call me" he answers "I'll email you" lol

Loved the movie, laughed my arse off
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    02-11-12 06:34 AM
    not to be a prude but there is already a thread about this...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...movies-633154/

Sam in the TV show Supernatural uses BBs all the time...season 5 and hes using a Tour. Has also used an old curve think it was an 8320/30 and a World as well
    Weeds, TV show, has been in the CB celeb BB sighting a few times with different BBs,
    There was also a posting floating around here somewhere about a movie with Marky Mark where almost every and their dog was using a BB,
    02-11-12 08:03 AM
    was going to mention the same thing
    02-11-12 10:19 AM
    On "Entourage" I always saw Blackberries pretty much every episode, it was like Artie's 3rd arm. Only character that didn't have one was Turtle.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    02-11-12 11:28 AM
    Watch contraband. Its a bb palooza

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 12:15 PM
    I've been seeing a tablet on Peter Mansbridge's desk (CBC The National) I am almost convinced its a PlayBook.
    02-11-12 01:39 PM
    On "Entourage" I always saw Blackberries pretty much every episode, it was like Artie's 3rd arm. Only character that didn't have one was Turtle.
    Yeah, this is going to sound weird, but. Ari solidified my love for BB's aesthetically. Just the way he would whip that thing around from scene to scene, as if a second away from his phone was the end of his world...also helped that BB's are indeed sexy looking phones. No surprise Hollywood is full of them.

Anyway, Ari used to carry the Palm PDA's (Treo) until his addiction to the BlackBerry 8800. From there, he moved onto the 9000, onto a Curve 8300-style with a black cover at some time, before settling on the 9700 before the series ended.

If the show was still going on, guaranteed the man would be rocking the 9900.
    02-11-12 02:27 PM
    I like that lol
    02-11-12 04:02 PM
    Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was nothing but iphones. I was thinking, really? Come on. Throw at least one BB in there!
    Apple courted writters, directors, producers at the same time that BB courted enterprise. They isn't really reach out to the creatives.

One of the creators of Sex & The City said he will always support Apple because Apple supported him with their products when he started filming and editing shows. Final Cut Pro is still the go-to editing software in filmmaking. Though Adobe CS5 is coming up pretty strong.
    02-11-12 04:54 PM
    I was amazed at how much rim spent on standard commercials for the playbook. I would see bits of them as I fast forwarded through my recordings. Which is my point, in show advertising guarantees your products are seen in this world of dvrs/pvrs where standard commercials are hardly seen any more. This type of advertising is becoming the norm and rim should be spending the cash to get their products in as many tv shows and movies as they can especially with the younger audiences.
    02-11-12 05:15 PM
    02-11-12 05:28 PM
    In the movie "Red" from 2010 CIA boss Karl Urban aka William Cooper had a couple scenes where the camera focused in on his blackberry. Great movie, by the way.
    02-12-12 12:21 PM
    Latest episode of "Awake", a guy who places a bet on the football game, he's using a Blackberry.
    04-28-12 02:10 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD