There have been some very positive changes to the BlackBerry Trade Up program that will significantly help sell BlackBerry, including a $50 bonus on all trades! For those of you who are new to the program, BlackBerry Trade Ups allows a customer to trade in any handset and receive a rebate when they purchase a new BlackBerry device. A few new changes detailed below:

* New Website!

* The new website is The BlackBerry Trade Up Program gives you cash towards the purchase of a new BlackBerry Smartphone: Home

The new website is very user friendly and shows recent trade in amounts on many handsets

* $50 bonus!

* For a limited time (November 30th) customers can receive a $50 bonus on trades by entering the promo code �graduate�. This is in addition to any amount offered in the trade.

* Trade in multiple handsets

* Customers can receive trade in credit for MULTIPLE handsets even when purchasing only one BlackBerry device.

I welcome all of you to visit the new trade in site for info and program rules. To see details on $50 credit, please visit.BlackBerry - Students

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-25-08 at 08:49 AM.
    09-25-08 08:44 AM
    A $50 bonus per device? Woohoo - Storm, here I come!

Thanks for the information chrisy!
    09-25-08 08:55 AM
    Thats very cool. You can even trade in other types of phones including razors and all kinds of stuff.. pretty sweet
    09-25-08 09:04 AM
    Grr.. Can't get the site to work! That's awesome! Other phones too? I have my blackberry 8830 two venus' and a shadow. You think they take those? That would be awesom!
    09-25-08 10:15 AM
    As soon as the Bold comes out, I'm trading in my iPhone 3G. It's saying they would give me $404 for it. I only paid 300! I will gladly pay the difference for the Bold.
    09-25-08 12:12 PM
    LOL the site says they'll give me $17 for my old Razr V3

then again that would be $67 with the extra $50 towards a new one, not all that shabby
    Last edited by LDubs; 09-25-08 at 01:42 PM.
    09-25-08 12:29 PM
    LOL the site says they'll give me $17 for my old Razr V3
    Hopefully they pay for shipping cuz you would probably net around 0 if they didn't lol.
    09-25-08 12:40 PM
    Pfft. $199 for my Curve AND my Pearl? Yeah. No thanks.
    09-25-08 12:51 PM
    Pfft. $199 for my Curve AND my Pearl? Yeah. No thanks.
    Yeah thats what I thought I have like 12 devices I was going to trade in but I saw the price and was like forget it.
    09-25-08 12:59 PM
    90 for my pearl and 50 on top of that!!! awesome!!!
    09-25-08 01:04 PM
    Yeah thats what I thought I have like 12 devices I was going to trade in but I saw the price and was like forget it.
    Yeah, the prices are a little ridiculous... Plant a tree? Eh. I think I'll stick with the ones that are already in the ground.
    09-25-08 01:04 PM
    90 for my pearl and 50 on top of that!!! awesome!!!
    Lol. I am guessing you don't understand what these devices generally go for...
    09-25-08 01:05 PM
    Lol. I am guessing you don't understand what these devices generally go for...
    right.... well...
    If my device wasn't over a year old and scratched to **** then I would be pissed about the price they are going to give me....

BUT considering we would pay how much for a brand new device????? yeah I'll take the couple bucks off for a new device... not to mention I'm at my upgrade time anyways so the price is already discounted... I'll get a new phone for like 50 bucks...

I'm not gunna use this one anymore after I get the new one anyways. Whats the use in keeping it around?

I'm not gunna sell a scratched phone to someone on craigslist for 150 or anything like that... I'm not that person.......

We can't all afford to upgrade phones like we change underwear....
    09-25-08 01:15 PM
    i paid $100 for my Curve. i guess it depends on what you paid for the device (that determines if you think the trade in quote is fair), the condition of the device and depreciation. i can upgrade to a curve on my other line for $50 and a Pearl for $30.

It's just an option anyway. You can sell on eBay or keep the old devices too!

i'm not ready to get rid of my Curve. i've only had it a month! But i like that Blackberry has this option and i'll use it when i'm ready to upgrade from the Curve.

i hope this doesn't turn into a fighting thread. i just wanted to get the info out here. Some will use it and some will not. That's cool!

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-25-08 at 01:30 PM.
    09-25-08 01:15 PM
    As an FYI for iPhone users: check out how much the trade up quote is for iPhones!

09-25-08 01:36 PM
    I'd get $108 for my almost new Pearl. (just wanted to see)
    I'll get a whopping $13 for my broken Dash!

I like the fact that you can trade it in for a tree. Awesome concept!
    09-25-08 01:37 PM
    As an FYI for iPhone users: check out how much the trade up quote is for iPhones!

Wow. So the trade-in value on the 16G is more than they cost with a new contract through ATT? Interesting.
    09-25-08 01:45 PM
    The phone pricing seems kinda random... Palm Centro and the Moto q9c net the exact same value
    09-25-08 02:07 PM
    i highly recommend people to AVOID flipswap at all cost.

Flipswap: Flipswap Cell Phone Buyback Doesn't Work As Advertised

the problem is this... they will give you a value. you send it off. if they feel that you did not accurately represent your device and choose to lower the payout, you DO NOT have the option to have the phone sent back to you. in other words, there are no checks and balances that protect you at all once they receive your device.

in fact, if you deny their counter offer once they receive the device, they have all right to not compensate you at all as per their own fine print.

scenario: they quote you $100 for "phone x". you send it, and they inspect it. after inspection, they deem it's "worse than you described" and contact you with a counter offer of $50. at this point, you cannot request they send the phone back to you. you can accept their new offer and receive a check. if you decline, they will keep the phone and send you nothing.

the above link is an article that puts their fine print under a magnifying glass for those who dont read things through.

with all due respect to the OP, i know they're just helping out by spreading the word... but this is an issue that i'm sure they werent aware of.
    Last edited by oakie; 09-25-08 at 07:11 PM.
    09-25-08 07:08 PM
    i highly recommend people to AVOID flipswap at all cost.

Flipswap: Flipswap Cell Phone Buyback Doesn't Work As Advertised

Yea this outfit looks like its to good to be true.
    09-25-08 07:55 PM
    Sounds like a straight up scam...
    09-25-08 08:29 PM
    kinda pissed...my old 6275i would have gotten me 60$ towards my BB...got stolen from me, and as a student you get what you can!

Hehe..my old Sanyo SCP-2300 a whopping 6$.

My mom's old Nokia isn't even on there...I so need to get her a new phone...
    09-25-08 10:35 PM
    Quantity Details Credit
    Remove BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    Edit/View Details $128.00
    Promotion Code Amount: $50.00
    Cash Total: $178.00

this is what i'd get. pretty good considering i only paid $100 for my Curve!

for those of you checking out quotes, remember to type "graduate" in the space for a promotional code! that'll get you your $50 bonus on top of your device quote.
    09-26-08 02:50 PM
    Just an update:

i used the new blackberry trade up program. it was for a customer who bought an 8330. i got a quote for a Motorola i335, iDen with Nextel. It was for phone and battery only, no accessories.

The quote was 79.83 and everything went smoothly and as cited! It was really easy to process and the check came quickly with no issues!

Just throwing out a personal experience. i've wanted to try this program for a while.

10-06-08 08:17 AM
    So you can send in any phone and get a 50 dollar bonus?

10-06-08 09:49 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD