I didn't realize that Best Buy had a trade-up program. I also have a Pearl 8100 that I've had for 3 years, but it still fully functions, and BB trade-up was only giving $10. I guess I'll have to look into the Best Buy program. Any word on if Future Shop has a program as well?
    09-02-11 11:08 AM
    Storm2 + Working + Glass + no Water Damage = $55

works for me... just waiting on VZ to launch it already!!!!
    09-02-11 01:30 PM
    i'm not clear on how this works. i have an old storm laying around doing nothing right now. if i trade it in am i obligated to get another phone or can i just keep the gift card?
    09-02-11 05:30 PM
    Pearl 9100 = $90
    Covered the $50 + $35 activation fee for my new 9360
    09-02-11 06:50 PM
    im not trading up.i like to keep my old devices as backup in case something bad happens to my new devices.
    09-02-11 08:38 PM
    You'll never get as much $ from something like this as you will selling on craigslist or ebay.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-02-11 09:17 PM
    You'll never get as much $ from something like this as you will selling on craigslist or ebay.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    I dunno I got $90 for my 9100, which is higher then the best offer I got for over three months on kijiji.
    09-03-11 12:26 AM
    I got $100 as a quote for my bold 9700 to trade to the 9900...
    09-03-11 05:54 PM
    Why can't I trade from the 9800 to the 9900? Am I doing something wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 11:46 PM
    I sold my Bold 9700 up here in Canada on Kijiji for $200, had five people email me wanting the phone, I should have asked more, but just wanted minimal hassle and a quick sale!
    09-06-11 12:32 AM
    i'm not clear on how this works. i have an old storm laying around doing nothing right now. if i trade it in am i obligated to get another phone or can i just keep the gift card?
    The way that the program works is that you obtain a quote from the trade-up site and then you must purchase the new device that you selected during your quote and then mail Blackberry your old phone, a copy of the quote, and proof of purchase of your new phone. So, Yes, you have to get a new BB to qualify, but BestBuy and other places have similar trade-up programs in which you are not obligated to use the gift card/money on anything specific.

Here is info from the BB trade-up site for qualification:

What must I send in with my used BlackBerry smartphone to receive full credit for my trade-In device?
    The working handset and the battery is all that is required in regards to hardware. However, we will recycle your used box, manuals, CDs or chargers if you wish to include them. NOTE: Please make sure that the battery is in the phone prior to shipping it in and that you remove any media card in the device.

In regards to documentation, we require:
    Trade-in voucher generated by this web site for each individual BlackBerry smartphone
    If you are eligible for the trade up credit, you must include your proof of purchase
    A valid proof of purchase:
    Must include a legible IMEI, ESN or MEID number (serial number) of the new BlackBerry smartphone purchased
    09-06-11 07:31 AM
    Why can't I trade from the 9800 to the 9900? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not for sure why it isn't allowing you to trade-up from a 9800. I just went to the site and ran the number for a 9800 to a 9900 and it gave me a quote for $160. Are you answering the 3 questions below the carrier an old phone selection. The questions must be answered Yes, No, No to qualify. Also, are you selecting the carrier for which your 9800 was purchased on? Other than that, I would contact customer support if it is still not working.
    09-06-11 07:37 AM
    Effing ATT. The 9900 is not available for ATT.

W
    T
    F

They're making it real easy for me to opt for the iP5 instead.

09-06-11 12:11 PM
    How long do I have to wait? I mailed off my 9100 a long time ago and the website still says that they are waiting for me to mail it.

09-22-11 09:59 AM
    How exactly does it work?

You get your quote, then go buy a phone, then enter your voucher and POP and your done?

Anyone do this when the $100 visa card offer is there? I tried it, but my quote had nothing about the $100 visa card. Is it just automatically added?

I emailed BB, but never heard back.
    09-24-11 05:15 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD