07-18-11 12:49 AM
33 12
tools
    How's the battery life with the new proccessors compared to the current Torch. Is it better, same, or worse because battery life is one of the most important thing for me to conseider when purchasing a phone. I don't want to be carrying a charger with me even though I don't believe that that will be the case with BBs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 07:16 PM
    See the attached files. I will try to determine which exactly version of flash is installed.

Also there is net_rim_nfc_resource (7.0.0.100/2144) loaded
    There is voice search enabled and working
    For the attached file of the protothema website, what are you showing us? I tried that website on my 9780 and the results were the same as the Torch 2. What indications do you have that flash is on the phone? Have you tried a full-on flash site like Louis Vuitton - An Encounter With Greatness (I just chose this because it was one of the first that came up on a google search).
    07-14-11 12:06 AM
    For the attached file of the protothema website, what are you showing us? I tried that website on my 9780 and the results were the same as the Torch 2. What indications do you have that flash is on the phone? Have you tried a full-on flash site like Louis Vuitton - An Encounter With Greatness (I just chose this because it was one of the first that came up on a google search).
    Yes you have right. does not support flash 10. I cant open the site you told me.

I will make a new video comparison with Torch specially in browser speed. Is much faster.
    07-14-11 02:21 AM
    How's the battery life with the new proccessors compared to the current Torch. Is it better, same, or worse because battery life is one of the most important thing for me to conseider when purchasing a phone. I don't want to be carrying a charger with me even though I don't believe that that will be the case with BBs

The battery until now is very good. I am running one day until now with Bluetooth and wifi on.

I will make a full discharge and I will tell you long will last.
    07-14-11 02:22 AM
    The battery until now is very good. I am running one day until now with Bluetooth and wifi on.

I will make a full discharge and I will tell you long will last.
    Alright, sounds good. Thanks

07-14-11 02:34 AM
    I can't tell - it seems to me the images above show a segregation of system and app memory as we have now. More of both, but still a segregation. Ami I right? Hope not ...

And many thanks to the OP for sharing this info. Much appreciated.

- R.
    Ditto OP for this information.

Rooster you are correct. This is most disheartening. In fact, while there is more memory in general, with the new OS,magnometer, NFC etc. it looks like there is not much more app memory available than on the current Torch. If this does not change by launch, this spells failure for these devices and the platform. Feature rich applications run 3-7 megs each, open gl games can run as high as 20-40 megs each. 300 megs of application space imho makes these devices a lost cause for all but BES users. I thought for sure that RIM had gotten the message, and that's why these devices were delayed. But maybe not.
    centsofreason likes this.
    07-14-11 10:40 AM
    That battery door......fuuuuuuuugly!
    07-14-11 11:35 AM
    You wanna leak that version of bbm as well as Docs to Go?
    07-18-11 12:49 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD