The first ever (I think) video review of Blackberry Torch 2 9810

See the video here.

Source: Blackberry-Experts.Net
    Fubaz and Jake Storm like this.
    07-13-11 07:47 AM
    You're right. I think this is new.
    07-13-11 07:58 AM
    well the date on the device was today's date so it can't be that old

but man was downloading the video slow for me!

wish he had a newer OS build, .100 is getting long in the tooth
    07-13-11 08:01 AM
    It was all Greek to me.
    Rickroller and Fr3lncr like this.
    07-13-11 08:12 AM
    I'm looking forward to a QNX device, the torch 2 is meh compared to other devices that are being released this fall.
    07-13-11 08:13 AM
    Terrible "review"..if you can call it that. It doesn't look any different than the original Torch. At least show some Mobile Hotspotting..or open up an actual webpage or something..perhaps show you can change the "All, Favorites, Media" etc..
    07-13-11 08:14 AM
    Well - I likethe web browser score, but why blow past all the additions to the OS7 platform? Not to mention the most revolutionary change (as oppossed to addition) from prior platforms - the memory configuration! Seriously - before posting a video or pics of these new devices, someone should shoot a quick e-mail to Kevin and team and ask what they should show.
    07-13-11 10:15 AM
    I will try to anwser all your questions until now.

I agree that this is not one of my best reviews and also is in Greek.

Well the 7.0.0.100 is the oldest 7 BB os for 9810 but I cant find anything newer than this.

There is no option for WiFi hotspot.
    You cant change the panels (Media, All etc) but you can disable it if you want.
    There is a new option (Blackberry ID) in options menu.
    There is a new strange option Smart Accessories.
    There is no option for NFC.
    Browser as you can see from the video supports fully html 5 and flash 10
    Application Management redisigned it looks like android app management with memory management, application storage and cpu usage in real time.

Generally the device is faster, feeling better in hand than torch, better screen and all that you can see it with a first touch.

Imagine that I gave it to one of my friends and the first thing he told me is that the device is better than the torch (specially the screen and the feeling)
    07-13-11 01:50 PM
    1. Flash 10? Are you sure. This would be the very first any of us have heard of this OS supporting Flash.

2. Wanted to break down the memory, RAM/ Application Memory/ Device Memory etc. (we know the basics, but while its been hinted, there has been no photos or public confirmation that the full allotment of memory is available for apps.) I have heard from others who've had hands on with the Monaco that this is the case. But would love to actually see it.

I edited - rather than new post - Want to do something special for 1,500.

According to this: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...le_devices.php

Flash 10 for mobile wasn't going to land on the ARMs until v.6 or 7. The T2 has an ARM 5. If this is true, this is the biggest news in the BB world since the leak of the 2011 lineup - actually bigger, I think.
    Last edited by 1magine; 07-13-11 at 02:03 PM.
    07-13-11 01:55 PM
    Thank you for posting a review that is in a language most people here don't speak.

I would also like to thank the reviewer for showing us the back of the phone repeatedly. I actually got a lot out of this review because he showed so many features.
    Last edited by RollingRock1988; 07-13-11 at 02:02 PM.
    07-13-11 01:58 PM
    All of the phones demo'd so far seem to be having an issue with the screen rotation responding in a timely manor. The 277 HTLM5 test score is good though.
    07-13-11 02:33 PM
    Can anyone confirm if this will have the mobile hotspot feature?
    07-13-11 02:50 PM
    The latest software leaks and device simulators have it. That said, who knows what carriers might block.

The new IOS software scores 299 plus 9 bonus points in the HTML5 test, - so not bad at all.

I really want to get a handle on who is indicating that this device has flash. Is it said in the video? Is this just comment from OP? Is OP the actual reviewer? Because the hardware and RIM's prior comments as reported in PCMAG say no flash 10.0 in OS7. And while more efficient, I would bet my savings that 10.1 is not supported until QNX.
    07-13-11 02:59 PM

The new IOS software scores 299 plus 9 bonus points in the HTML5 test, - so not bad at all.
    Maybe it'll do better with the final release?
    07-13-11 03:00 PM
    Maybe - but who cares. This is better than IOS4.1 - which is solid and more than enough for most web sites. I'm more interested in Flash, since the majority of video on the web is still encoded in flash. NPR, MLB etc.. All utilize flash. If the APIs are opened so that the web browser can access video hardware acceleration, than Flash becomes really efficient to use (see Android devices).
    07-13-11 03:04 PM
    All of the phones demo'd so far seem to be having an issue with the screen rotation responding in a timely manor. The 277 HTLM5 test score is good though.
    I confirm the problem with the rotation at this version 7.0.0.100. The 277 bonus 3 is better than safari and firefox.
    07-13-11 03:51 PM
    Can anyone confirm if this will have the mobile hotspot feature?
    Until now at this version 7.0.0.100 I cant find anything that indicates that there is a hotspot feature.
    07-13-11 03:52 PM
    Ioannis -

Can you kindly respond to my questions with regard to flash and application memory please?

Thank you.
    07-13-11 03:54 PM
    The first ever (I think) video review of Blackberry Torch 2 9810

See the video here.

Source: Blackberry-Experts.Net
    TechnoBuffalo did a review Months ago ...
    Exclusive: BlackBerry Torch 2 Video Tour | TechnoBuffalo

BlackBerry Torch 2 Video Tour
    Last edited by AwJm; 07-13-11 at 04:12 PM.
    07-13-11 04:09 PM
    1. Flash 10? Are you sure. This would be the very first any of us have heard of this OS supporting Flash.

2. Wanted to break down the memory, RAM/ Application Memory/ Device Memory etc. (we know the basics, but while its been hinted, there has been no photos or public confirmation that the full allotment of memory is available for apps.) I have heard from others who've had hands on with the Monaco that this is the case. But would love to actually see it.

I edited - rather than new post - Want to do something special for 1,500.

According to this: Flash 10 for Mobile Devices

Flash 10 for mobile wasn't going to land on the ARMs until v.6 or 7. The T2 has an ARM 5. If this is true, this is the biggest news in the BB world since the leak of the 2011 lineup - actually bigger, I think.
    See the attached files. I will try to determine which exactly version of flash is installed.

Also there is net_rim_nfc_resource (7.0.0.100/2144) loaded
    There is voice search enabled and working
    aNYthing24 and 1magine like this.
    07-13-11 04:44 PM
    I can't tell - it seems to me the images above show a segregation of system and app memory as we have now. More of both, but still a segregation. Ami I right? Hope not ...

And many thanks to the OP for sharing this info. Much appreciated.

- R.
    07-13-11 04:59 PM
    Notice the Amazon MP3 store in one of the system info pictures, is that new? I don't see it in App World now for my Bold 9700 running OS6. Would be nice!

I'm 99% sure the system and app memory is the same as OS6, that won't change until QNX OS comes to the phones I believe. Not a big deal for me as they've increased the memory for both.

I'm torn between the 9900 and the Torch2...probably won't be able to decide before I try both in my hands.
    07-13-11 05:17 PM
    Notice the Amazon MP3 store in one of the system info pictures, is that new? I don't see it in App World now for my Bold 9700 running OS6. Would be nice!

I'm 99% sure the system and app memory is the same as OS6, that won't change until QNX OS comes to the phones I believe. Not a big deal for me as they've increased the memory for both.

I'm torn between the 9900 and the Torch2...probably won't be able to decide before I try both in my hands.
    I have the same problem. I am between 9810 and 9900. Probably I will go for 9900 because I also have a playbook.

Amazon mp3 store and Blackberry Protect are pre installed with 7 os.
    07-13-11 05:29 PM
    I can't tell - it seems to me the images above show a segregation of system and app memory as we have now. More of both, but still a segregation. Ami I right? Hope not ...

And many thanks to the OP for sharing this info. Much appreciated.

- R.
    Yes you have right but I have the hope that this will change. Hope dies last.
    07-13-11 05:31 PM

Amazon mp3 has been available for the Torch for quite a while - maybe 6 months.
    07-13-11 07:16 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD