The Today Show has a new segment with Carson Daly and he tweeted out the following.

If you have a Twitter, now would be a good time to put it to use and let them know. It will be on a segment of the Today Show, probably tomorrow morning.

When is the last time BlackBerry got the chance to have user-generated national coverage?!
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry on Today Show-screen-shot-2013-09-23-12.57.20-pm.jpg  
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-23-13 03:00 PM
    Nice to see them promoting BB (I think lol), but I stopped watching the today show after they fired Anne.
    09-23-13 03:05 PM
    I don't watch, but I tweeted. lol
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-23-13 03:10 PM
    Nice to see them promoting BB (I think lol), but I stopped watching the today show after they fired Anne.
    Ann Curry was great. I really hope it's not true that Matt Lauer pushed her out. I love that video of her last day, where all her co-hosts are hugging her, and she squirms away from Matt when he tries to give her a hug haha
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-23-13 03:34 PM
    Done...I went through the comments, seems a fair bit of people use BlackBerry
    09-23-13 03:38 PM
    I sent my tweet.
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-23-13 04:03 PM
    Posted mine. Hard to fit it in one tweet so did what I could:

#BlackBerry10.2 has a gorgeous UI. Hub, sharing, msg reply from any app, and Android Jellybean amazes all who see it. Have you? #orangeroom

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-23-13 04:19 PM

#BlackBerry10.2 has a gorgeous UI. Hub, sharing, msg reply from any app, and Android Jellybean amazes all who see it. Have you? #orangeroom

Posted via CB10
    Android JB?
    09-23-13 10:33 PM
    I have no idea what TODAYshow is, but heck! Do I like tweeting my appreciation for BlackBerry...

https://twitter.com/diegonei/status/382356148575150080

Posted via CB10
    Don't you mean support for Android Jellybean apps? BB10 isn't running Android and your tweet may mislead a heck load of people into thinking it is...
    k3cub likes this.
    09-23-13 11:12 PM
    Sent my Tweet in that I use my BB and love it. People just need to give it a try and see how great it is.
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-23-13 11:18 PM
    I have no idea what TODAYshow is, but heck! Do I like tweeting my appreciation for BlackBerry...

https://twitter.com/diegonei/status/382356148575150080

Don't you mean support for Android Jellybean apps? BB10 isn't running Android and your tweet may mislead a heck load of people into thinking it is...
    Yes I meant JellyBean apps. Couldn't fit it in. At this point I doubt anyone will read it. But just to be accurate, BlackBerry 10 is running the entire Android Jellybean OS runtime needed to actually run jellybean apps, in some cases native code. This is another reason that the 2GB of memory on BlackBerry 10 isn't that much unlike other platforms. It has to have bb10 + android in memory.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by drkpitt; 09-24-13 at 01:19 AM.
    09-24-13 01:01 AM
    Posted my tweet. :-)

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-24-13 01:14 AM
    They aired the segment this morning titled: Bye, Bye BlackBerry? The line below it was something along the lines of "Users fear for the future of BlackBerry" or some such rubbish. I say rubbish not because it may or may not be true, but because they didn't actually report on the situation. They just talked about the declining market share and what 2 users thought of their BlackBerry. Him and another of the hosts held up a 9900 during the segment(one was the hosts and I think Carson's was just a lender).

If they mentioned being purchased(or more like the intent to purchase) yesterday it must have been in the first few seconds because that's the only part I missed.

It did give me the ability to talk to my wife about the situation and explain to her what is going on. She wants a Q10 but was a little put off when she heard the news about the 4500 job cuts. Now I think she is back to wanting one and understands the situation better.
    09-24-13 08:52 AM
    I just did. Also included #ichooseblackberry10 along with that #orangeroom tag they are asking to follow this new hashtag

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:57 AM
    Just finished my Tweet. HELL YEAH I still use a BlackBerry! Probably always will.
    09-24-13 10:03 AM
    I am always curious why only BlackBerry users get asked this kind of question. Nobody gets asked why he has bought an iPhone or why she is using a Samsung Galaxy S4. Even Windows Phone users don't really get asked why they even use such a device.

But BlackBerry? It is being treated like it would be some kind of disease. "Oh, you got BlackBerry? What happened, why!?" I got a similar reaction last year when I bought my first BB, a Bold 9900. "Why on earth did you buy THAT? It's a BlackBerry!"
    The typical BlackBerry user obviously has to "defend" or justify their choice much more than users of other plattforms. Sometimes I'm even wondering whether some of those magazines have even actually tried a BB10 and gave it an actual chance.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    BBVegasGirl80 and SK122387 like this.
    09-24-13 08:10 PM
    I am always curious why only BlackBerry users get asked this kind of question. Nobody gets asked why he has bought an iPhone or why she is using a Samsung Galaxy S4. Even Windows Phone users don't really get asked why they even use such a device.

But BlackBerry? It is being treated like it would be some kind of disease. "Oh, you got BlackBerry? What happened, why!?" I got a similar reaction last year when I bought my first BB, a Bold 9900. "Why on earth did you buy THAT? It's a BlackBerry!"
    The typical BlackBerry user obviously has to "defend" or justify their choice much more than users of other plattforms. Sometimes I'm even wondering whether some of those magazines have even actually tried a BB10 and gave it an actual chance.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    I agree. But over the years, I've adopted an attitude of like... "of course I have a BlackBerry. I refuse to use anything else."

I avoid saying anything negative about the phone of whoever asks me why I "still" have a BlackBerry, other than usually mentioning that I can't type on them.

With the Z10 though, it really gives me a chance to show whoever how far BlackBerry has come, and how it's different. Feature wise (not apps), there isn't anything my Z10 can't do compared to an iPhone or Android.

These days, with BlackBerry 10, I use the "you still have a BlackBerry?!" question to show the person how capable BlackBerry 10 phones are.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:23 AM