Okay so I've had this problem for a while now and after 10.2 update its a regular thing. When I'm texting people it will freeze up and not allow me to send anything. It will stay on that person and when I try to text someone else it will just go back to the person it's frozen on. Really annoying, I believe there is a new update tomorrow?! Hopefully that will fix it but is anyone else having problems or have a solution?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 07:21 PM
    Okay so I've had this problem for a while now and after 10.2 update its a regular thing. When I'm texting people it will freeze up and not allow me to send anything. It will stay on that person and when I try to text someone else it will just go back to the person it's frozen on. Really annoying, I believe there is a new update tomorrow?! Hopefully that will fix it but is anyone else having problems or have a solution?

Posted via CB10
    I have this issue too, sadly. It doesn't stay "frozen" in that it eventually syncs, but often takes a few inexplicable minutes to do so. I find a bunch of accompanying symptoms

- The "SEND" won't work
    - The text field goes behind the keyboard so you can't see what you're typing
    - The aspect ratio gets distorted

Usually it goes away after a few minutes and everything behaves as normal, but pretty frustrating for an "instant" feature.
    01-27-14 07:44 PM
    The only way I've found that makes it better is deleting long threads because those are the ones that tend to get stuck.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 and RubberChicken76 like this.
    01-27-14 08:02 PM
    Yeah. It has been like this since day one, but only when I hit compose. Supposedly fixed in 10.2.1. I say you wait to see if the update fixes it tomorrow. (or a bit later depending on carrier)

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:05 PM
    I too have been putting up with this problem for a long time now. It's really the only thing I dislike about my Z10. Hopefully the new update addresses this issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:25 PM
    Delete your lengthy conversations with those contacts. It will work afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:32 PM
    Common problem to all after an update. Delete all text messages after the update and start fresh. Open BlackBerry Hub. Go to text messages. Click and hold on the date bar. Hit delete. And delete prior.
    I don't have 10.2.1. So can't verify it doesn't happen with that update. But people seem to not have any problem after 10.2.
    Once cleared you shouldn't have the problem of freezing.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    higherdestiny likes this.
    01-27-14 08:35 PM
    Before this issue was very rare now it's happening more than 2 times a day. Hopefully blackberry can address this issue

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:36 PM
    Long conversations is the main source. I am running the leak 1925 and it's been mostly solved. I have tested with very long text messages that I always had problems before and now they load almost instantly. However, it still seems to be an issue when you open a message at the exact same time that that person sends you a message.... seems too lock up the text message app.

What I do now is that when someone is texting me, i'll make sure that that person finished sending me messages before I open it.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:38 PM
    I've had the text message freezing thing go on since the 8900. Figured it was just a Blackberry thing. Every BlackBerry device I have owned has done it.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:42 PM
    Happens all the time with me. Texts take 30 seconds or so to go out

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:02 PM
    Should be good after 10.2.1 I'm also having issues recently with my sound just not working randomly BlackBerry twitter support been looking into for me said 10.2.1 should fix everything for me

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:07 PM
    Should be good after 10.2.1 I'm also having issues recently with my sound just not working randomly BlackBerry twitter support been looking into for me said 10.2.1 should fix everything for me

Posted via CB10
    Is it mostly after using your earplug? Or is it notification from priority hub items? Either... both had been fixed on 1925

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:11 PM
    Have the same issue as well the way I fix it is restart the hub (by swiping diagonally 5-10 times from the top right corner towards the Centre of the screen) from the message that I'm stuck on. Then once the hub restarts after a few seconds, I go into my text messages and select a shorter text thread, and once that opens I go back into the one that was stuck on and 90% of the time it will open properly. You may have to wait 5 seconds but you are able to continue texting. A bit of a hassle but it's the quickest fix without having to wait a few minutes. This takes less than 30 seconds.

By the way yes, the culprit is definitely long text threads and I refuse to delete mine. They should fix this asap. I doubt this happens on any other phone, non blackberry. I may be wrong. Either way I love my z10.
    01-27-14 09:41 PM
    Have the same issue as well the way I fix it is restart the hub (by swiping diagonally 5-10 times from the top right corner towards the Centre of the screen) from the message that I'm stuck on. Then once the hub restarts after a few seconds, I go into my text messages and select a shorter text thread, and once that opens I go back into the one that was stuck on and 90% of the time it will open properly. You may have to wait 5 seconds but you are able to continue texting. A bit of a hassle but it's the quickest fix without having to wait a few minutes. This takes less than 30 seconds.

By the way yes, the culprit is definitely long text threads and I refuse to delete mine. They should fix this asap. I doubt this happens on any other phone, non blackberry. I may be wrong. Either way I love my z10.
    Again it's definitely fixed on 1925. I had been using the leak for weeks now

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:46 PM
    I have this issue too, sadly. It doesn't stay "frozen" in that it eventually syncs, but often takes a few inexplicable minutes to do so. I find a bunch of accompanying symptoms

- The "SEND" won't work
    - The text field goes behind the keyboard so you can't see what you're typing
    - The aspect ratio gets distorted

Usually it goes away after a few minutes and everything behaves as normal, but pretty frustrating for an "instant" feature.
    This is what happened to me, THEN ALL SMS and emails (3 accounts) were deleted from my Z10 and server! Literally 30 days worth of emails and all sms msgs were deleted. Not impressed. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:53 PM
    I have always had issues with texting on my 9700, 9900 and now my z10! They have always had delays going out!
    Happens all the time with me. Texts take 30 seconds or so to go out

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:57 PM
    Long conversations is the main source. I am running the leak 1925 and it's been mostly solved. I have tested with very long text messages that I always had problems before and now they load almost instantly. However, it still seems to be an issue when you open a message at the exact same time that that person sends you a message.... seems too lock up the text message app.

What I do now is that when someone is texting me, i'll make sure that that person finished sending me messages before I open it.

Posted via CB10

Agree, this is a pain, and though it seems better after 10.2.1, it still happens. It's never been a huge issue for me, but my wife and brother both with Z10s have it happen too often. At this point it is something you would think is a primary focus of fixing.
    01-27-14 10:41 PM
    I used to have this issue.

I upgraded to 10.2.1.1925 and deleted ALL text message & BBM message conversations and started from scratch - haven't had an issue since.
    01-27-14 10:43 PM
    It has been fixed in this new update

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:12 PM
    It has been fixed in this new update
    Maybe its okay after deleting all the (lengthy) texts conversations in question because it sure isn't fixed for those same conversations that were problematic in earlier updates.
    01-29-14 03:37 PM
    I had the same sort of problem.. it would take a while to populate my text message.. even when I deleted them after like 10 texts the problem would arise again.. the WORST problem I've had with my Z10.. this happened on 10.2 as well..

FINALLY with the new 10.2.1 update my text messages never freeze!!! Before I use to delete texts like every hour.. I haven't deleted them now since yesterday and there is no lag at ALL.

I highly suggest you load up 10.2.1 when you can.. it is super quick

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:52 PM
    It still does it if you open a thread right at the same time when a message is coming in

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:37 PM
    I found it happened to a couple of my super long Txt convos still after the update. Just delete them and u should be good. Mine are getting to the same length and no slow down so far. Fingers crossed!!

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:49 AM
    Hi there
    Has there been a fix for the very irritating freezing during texting? this happens when I try to touch screen select a contact. Once this happens
    I am completely stuck and cant even delete or end chat, I can only go back arrow and the dreadful frozen contact stays around until I reboot the
    phone and then end chat works.
    02-07-14 02:42 AM