Tesla will most likely go with android given the close relationship with google.

They are already moving the web browser to chrome, which is proving it can run anywhere with its own app ecosystem.
    Tesla already use Linux.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/tesla-tsla-mo...-upgradable-ux

http://www.pcworld.com/article/26088...car_linux.html
    12-08-13 08:56 PM
    I agree currently, but in the future there is talk to bring android app support as well as google chrome

Tesla Model S to get app support and Chrome by late 2014 (video)

Nothing set in stone, some people are stating even iOS apps will be supported.
    12-08-13 09:57 PM
    That makes 0 sense.
    CJH dared to give an opposing view. Mind you, it didn't attack or defame BBRY. It was a simple addition of facts.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 12-09-13 at 12:05 PM.
    12-08-13 10:01 PM
    I agree currently, but in the future there is talk to bring android app support as well as google chrome

Thanks for posting the link. Actually didn't know about it. I also saw iOS will have a tight integration with Honda sometime in 2014-2015. Looks like the big 2 are starting to go after the car industry.
    12-08-13 10:08 PM
    I would have loved it if Tesla could agree to get on-board. But Elon Musk seems like someone who would totally go it alone, engineering an entire hardware-software system end-to-end, kinda like the way Apple has been. Working with open-sourced Linux gives him much more control over working with the proprietary QNX. BlackBerry's QNX strategy, likely by working with the conventional auto makers, may work out more like Microsoft's Windows strategy that dominates the OS market for PC's. Just speculating.
    12-08-13 10:12 PM
    Come back when you've learned how to spell instead of leaving banal comments.
    How old are you? Five?
    Omg someone is crying cause I forgot a "Z"

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-08-13 11:11 PM
    Thanks for posting the link. Actually didn't know about it. I also saw iOS will have a tight integration with Honda sometime in 2014-2015. Looks like the big 2 are starting to go after the car industry.
    Yep. It's only a matter of time. WP8 already has a presence, I believe.
    12-08-13 11:12 PM
    That makes 0 sense.
    Of course it makes sense.. the OP said "if" and "might" meaning all this would be cool if BlackBerry implement the qnx system to tesla...

Cjh flat out told him no... that is why I said he was a "Buz kill"

12-08-13 11:14 PM
    Have a fire extinguisher with you when you drive in this electric POS!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:46 AM

It's an interesting time, that's for sure.

I read someone that QNX already has an iOS compatibility layer for in-car infotainment. Not sure if that's correct or if it's being built in.
    12-09-13 12:00 PM
    Of course it makes sense.. the OP said "if" and "might" meaning all this would be cool if BlackBerry implement the qnx system to tesla...

Cjh flat out told him no... that is why I said he was a "Buz kill"

I didn't tell anyone "no", I simply presented the facts that Tesla already use Linux.
    12-09-13 12:02 PM
    Could you imagine a Tesla Design BlackBerry?! That would be sooo sick

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's happened to only a couple cars. Do you forget that all of our gas cars are built off of combustion?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:30 PM
    I would have loved it if Tesla could agree to get on-board. But Elon Musk seems like someone who would totally go it alone, engineering an entire hardware-software system end-to-end, kinda like the way Apple has been. Working with open-sourced Linux gives him much more control over working with the proprietary QNX. BlackBerry's QNX strategy, likely by working with the conventional auto makers, may work out more like Microsoft's Windows strategy that dominates the OS market for PC's. Just speculating.
    I agree with this. Elon would just do it himself even though it would be really cool for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:31 PM
    Tesla is making a statement in not getting any "off the shelf " solutions for their cars.

BlackBerry established itself with the best of the best, yet still embracing old school horse power and comfort.

Honda is and will be mainstream, therefore it is adopting Apple.

Creating a car brand is much like creating a band. Your biggest supporters will frown upon you, once they determine that you turned "commercial".

Therefore there was little room from the beginning to go any other way than getting it done from scratch by themselves....

As it is written, so kills it the buzz.....

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    The German authorities have said Tesla's design is sound.

3 have caught fire and only because they hit road debris.
    Warlack likes this.
    12-09-13 02:15 PM
    I'm sure it will be a big comfort to Paul Walker that his body didn't burn up in an electric vehicle, but rather in a gas-powered Porsche.
    12-09-13 02:21 PM
    Even Ferraris are catching fire....
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11156782

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 02:46 PM
    Fire is the new in thing in car design

JR A likes this.
    12-09-13 06:01 PM
    Though I doubt that Tesla would want to work with QNX, I do believe it has the most potential for a creative infotainment system. QNX is very experienced in this market (much more than they are with smartphones actually). BlackBerry should basically help develop and integrate with the Tesla car for free now and then charge for it later. Many high-end clients already use BlackBerry and this would help build the ecosystem. Building the ecosystem already costs BlackBerry money and if they can get market penetration with through this it may be worth it. It would also be a good platform to get into electric car management and monitoring and would be a good case study to show other manufacturers.

With Tesla's demand surging 20 percent and stock prices rising 16 percent, they would be a great company to be aligned with in the long-run. They are going to have less expensive consumer car releasing in the next 5 years, a potential truck in the works and a crossover set to release soon. It sounds like they may be a top car company of the future (10-15 years from now).
    01-15-14 11:19 AM
    if only
    04-27-16 01:26 PM
46 12