Why hasn't BlackBerry shot over here to cali and got in business with Tesla. I mean Tesla has got people on there toes and if BlackBerry was to work with them with their QNX software it might help with brand recognition. Might also bring them back from the edge of the cliff. With a lot of people in silicone valley driving them that could put some money in BlackBerry pockets and help advance QNX into other parts. I want a Tesla Model S but not at this very moment (when I can get 400 miles on the car then I'll get 1and there's more charging stations). I think the New CEO needs to head in that direction.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 05:05 PM
    I love the idea. That would be great, especially because I also want a Tesla, but overall a good business opportunity.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    12-08-13 05:07 PM
    Would LOVE to see BlackBerry and Tesla work together on a Tesla Model Z (10)! Tesla is huge right now and only going to get bigger as prices for electric cars come down (a bit) and their cars keep getting cooler with longer and longer ranges. I would love it if QNX's next car at CES is a Tesla... that could be a HUGE move IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    12-08-13 05:31 PM
    Yes! That be awesome

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-08-13 05:33 PM
    Tesla use Linux, as it's open-source.
    Highly doubt they'll switch to a propriety closed-source OS.

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/..._in-car_linux/

Your car is about to go open source:
    http://www.computerworld.com/article...en-source.html
    12-08-13 05:45 PM

Tesla CTO talks Model S, batteries and in-car Linux - Operating Systems - Techworld

Your car is about to go open source - Computerworld
    Thanks for the links. Interesting stuff.
    Anilu7 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    12-08-13 06:00 PM
    QNX being a RTOS and , I can see how it can be superior to Linux. And it's much more stable compared to Linux as well.
    12-08-13 06:01 PM
    QNX being a RTOS and , I can see how it can be superior to Linux. And it's much more stable compared to Linux as well.
    Linux is also stable, just because it's not an RTOS doesn't make it inherently unstable.
    With extensions, Linux can have real-time control.
    12-08-13 06:14 PM

Buz kill this guy ^

bradu1 and Blackberry_Boss like this.
    12-08-13 06:44 PM
    I don't think Tesla would be interested as they've already engineered their infotainment system.. I sat in a demo at Yorkdale mall in Toronto and everything was up to par..
    12-08-13 06:49 PM
    I don't think Tesla would be interested as they've already engineered their infotainment system.. I sat in a demo at Yorkdale mall in Toronto and everything was up to par..
    Their infotainment system is pretty nice, intuitive too.
    12-08-13 06:56 PM
    Buz kill this guy ^

Come back when you've learned how to spell instead of leaving banal comments.
    How old are you? Five?
    12-08-13 07:03 PM
    Buz kill this guy ^

That makes 0 sense.
    12-08-13 07:05 PM
    Their infotainment system is pretty nice, intuitive too.
    It's beautifully designed.. only 3 or 4 physical buttons and that's because it's by law required. If i can remember correctly it was the 4-way flasher, indicators and trunk release..

The Tesla S has the most insane in-car touchscreen multimedia system ever | News | TechRadar
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    12-08-13 07:06 PM
    It's beautifully designed.. only 3 or 4 physical buttons and that's because it's by law required. If i can remember correctly it was the 4-way flasher, indicators and trunk release..

The Tesla S has the most insane in-car touchscreen multimedia system ever | News | TechRadar
    I've read that, thanks for posting; the Model S is a car I'd like to own. I test drove one this year in London. It's phenomenal.
    SubCamp likes this.
    12-08-13 07:10 PM
    See - I Support BlackBerry (but don't buy shares) - my new car has a QNX powered infotainment system

The Porsche Communication Management system is a central control unit for audio, navigation and communications, featuring iPod, MP3, and USB memory stick playback, Bluetooth compatibility, GPS navigation, and more. QNX-based technology coordinates the device connectivity of the PCM system, which is operated through voice control and a large touch-screen interface.
    QNX runs on everything (except our PlayBooks)!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    12-08-13 07:16 PM
    Linux is also stable, just because it's not an RTOS doesn't make it inherently unstable.
    With extensions, Linux can have real-time control.
    never said being RTOS makes it more stable. But QNX is in fact more stable.
    12-08-13 07:47 PM
    never said being RTOS makes it more stable. But QNX is in fact more stable.
    QNX is more stable? What about the Z10 random reboots?

Automotive company's are prefering Linux to QNX due to the fact Linux's open-source.
    http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2013...e_the_lead.htm
    JR A likes this.
    12-08-13 07:57 PM
    QNX is more stable? What about the Z10 random reboots?

Automotive company's are prefering Linux to QNX due to the fact Linux's open-source.
    Correction: Linux to Take the Lead in Automotive Infotainment Operating System Market - HispanicBusiness.com
    Random boots are either due to hardware/software build issues in BB10, but has nothing to do with QNX kernel. If you want me to, I can bring up issues that arise in Android devices. But those are not relevant to what we are discussing. QNX by itself is extremely stable. Linux maybe more appealing because of it's open-source. But look at the applications for QNX. It's used when there is no room for error.
    12-08-13 08:21 PM

Buzz Killington of the Buzz Kill Clan

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry_Boss likes this.
    12-08-13 08:26 PM
    Tesla will most likely go with android given the close relationship with google.

They are already moving the web browser to chrome, which is proving it can run anywhere with its own app ecosystem.
    JR A likes this.
    12-08-13 08:27 PM
    Buzz Killington of the Buzz Kill Clan

Posted via CB10
    So what you'd rather not learn the facts and let this forum go to 100+ pages going on about how awesome QNX is and how it runs everything from my toaster to nuclear subs and never crashes at all only on BB10 products does QNX crash so often.

CJH_ brings far more facts, which have this biting effect of being based in reality which many forums members like yourself, do not seem to enjoy.

Tough.
    12-08-13 08:30 PM
    More than 95% of the world's 500 fastest supercomputers run Linux and roughly 67% web server around the world run linux.

You seem to have some knowledge this might be a serious business opportunity
    JR A and Pete The Penguin like this.
    12-08-13 08:40 PM
    Random boots are either due to hardware/software build issues in BB10, but has nothing to do with QNX kernel. If you want me to, I can bring up issues that arise in Android devices. But those are not relevant to what we are discussing. QNX by itself is extremely stable. Linux maybe more appealing because of it's open-source. But look at the applications for QNX. It's used when there is no room for error.
    I'm not saying it was a kernel issue nor am I saying that QNX isn't unstable or that Android doesn't have issues.

In your original post you were saying that QNX is more stable than Linux. I'm saying both can be used in "mission critical" situations. With the right extensions, Linux can be as stable as QNX.

While I'd prefer QNX to run a nuclear power plant, I don't see QNX running on any of the top 500 supercomputers.
    People are running mission-critical storage controller software on top of Linux/FreeBSD and don't complain it's not a RTOS.
    Last edited by CJH_; 12-08-13 at 09:07 PM.
    12-08-13 08:49 PM
    So what you'd rather not learn the facts and let this forum go to 100+ pages going on about how awesome QNX is and how it runs everything from my toaster to nuclear subs and never crashes at all only on BB10 products does QNX crash so often.

CJH_ brings far more facts, which have this biting effect of being based in reality which many forums members like yourself, do not seem to enjoy.

Tough.
    Thank you for your support.
    12-08-13 08:52 PM
46 12