Wow I'm impressed the full article is in the link.

"Business Insider�s latest update to its �20 best smartphones in the world� list slots BlackBerry devices into three of those 20 spots, with the Passport taking the Number 20 spot, the BlackBerry Classic at Number 19 and the BlackBerry Priv grabbing the company�s high point at Number 17.

Before anyone runs into the street chanting, �BlackBerry is back!� though, the list is a reflection of what Business Insider regards as �best�, regardless of sales.

Because on the sales front, BlackBerry barely exists.

Worldwide smartphone sales grew 9.7% in Q4 2015, according to the most recent Gartner report, �Market Share: Devices, All Countries, 4Q15 Update�, with total sales for the year reaching 1.4 billion units, a 14.4% increase over 2014 as a whole.

While that sounds like a very healthy increase, the report also points out that global smartphone sales exhibited their slowest growth since 2008."

BlackBerry takes 3 spots on Business Insider's "20 best smartphones" list - Cantech Letter

Posted via CB10
    BeautyEh and gugomat like this.
    03-04-16 08:56 AM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 10:16 AM
    Iphone 6s takes number one spot... sorry but credibility is lost at that point. Iphone is good but it's really not the best device.
    03-04-16 02:15 PM
    Yes the last three spots,
    03-04-16 02:26 PM
    Iphone 6s takes number one spot... sorry but credibility is lost at that point. Iphone is good but it's really not the best device.
    Lol good point didn't get that far on the actual list but I think it won for popularity

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 05:08 PM
    Yeah what other phones are out there? Hundreds?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 05:09 PM
    Yeah what other phones are out there? Hundreds?

Posted via CB10
    Only 20 that matter obviously.
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    03-04-16 05:50 PM
    Cool towards the end of the article, the reporter notices that 'almost everyone in the room' was using a BlackBerry. Imagine if BB could really get some traction back with pro-sumer types and some interesting BB/Android devices. I could see a Classic with Passport level internals, running Android, selling well. (Although I would prefer BB10)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 08:10 PM
    There probably is only about 20 smart phones in the world anyways lol. But cool article anyways!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 01:49 AM
    Yes, the best is obviously the iPhone 6s Plus
    anon(9208252) and TGR1 like this.
    03-07-16 01:06 AM
    BlackBerry could take the top 5 spots and it still wouldn't help them.

BlackBerry phones are done.

Get over it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    03-07-16 02:22 AM
    BlackBerry could take the top 5 spots and it still wouldn't help them.

BlackBerry phones are done.

Get over it.

Posted via CB10
    Were aren't saying that BlackBerry phones aren't I just found the article interesting. It's nice to see recognition even if they are in the lower spot.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 07:28 AM
    Yes, the best is obviously the iPhone 6s Plus
    Yes I would have to agree, and being on the public beta makes it even better.
    03-07-16 11:01 AM
    .......'but a lot of BlackBerry fans seem to love it'. A pretty bland description of the Passport. They could have at least added that the square design is great for reading & editing documents.

Those 'winning' slabs look so boring and same-same!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Jose Casiano likes this.
    03-07-16 03:12 PM
    Someone's still writing article that include BB10 phones? I'll take it, 20th place or not.

It's a good article that highlights some of the best phones around the world today. I wouldn't take the actual rankings 1-20 seriously, just a sampling of the best of what's out there.
    03-08-16 12:42 PM
    Someone's still writing article that include BB10 phones? I'll take it, 20th place or not.

It's a good article that highlights some of the best phones around the world today. I wouldn't take the actual rankings 1-20 seriously, just a sampling of the best of what's out there.
    I can agree with this, I mean reputable sites still talking good things is a Good thing. We will have to see how BlackBerry plays out with support and new products.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 01:01 PM
    And what should be in the top spot in your opinion? A BlackBerry?

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-09-16 08:32 AM
    Dang, know you were kidding, but they did take #17, #19, and #20, so you were close.
    03-23-16 01:40 PM
    Well it is CANtech. Any other Tech conference and he would be the only BB user.
    03-23-16 01:49 PM
    Perversely, though, the Priv is a high-end container for an Android operating system, which Gartner identifies as having “benefited from continued demand for affordable smartphones and from the slowdown of iOS units in the premium market in the fourth quarter of 2015.”
    Think he does a lot of copy and pasting
    03-23-16 02:32 PM
    I really hope this is a slow roll back to the top! I have loved my BlackBerry since I got my first from work 10 years ago. So much so I have had one personally ever since. I need an efficient business phone that gets the job done and is organized and easy, etc, like the BlackBerry. I'm not trying to mess around on facetime while driving and do all the playing and kiddy screwing around like some other phones do..... eh hemmm iPhone eh hemmm. Maybe I'm just too old, but I'm trying to move and get things done quick and well. Not play around and waste time. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 and jmo712 like this.
    03-25-16 12:09 PM
    Top 10 are just variations of the Same-sung & iDrones. Kinda ironic that what used to be the most popular smartphone on the market is now a niche product used by a cult following.
    03-25-16 02:53 PM
    I really hope this is a slow roll back to the top! I have loved my BlackBerry since I got my first from work 10 years ago. So much so I have had one personally ever since. I need an efficient business phone that gets the job done and is organized and easy, etc, like the BlackBerry. I'm not trying to mess around on facetime while driving and do all the playing and kiddy screwing around like some other phones do..... eh hemmm iPhone eh hemmm. Maybe I'm just too old, but I'm trying to move and get things done quick and well. Not play around and waste time. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    The funny thing is... You don't have to "play around and waste time" with Androids or iPhone. They just have that ability if you want it. And after a few weeks I really haven't noticed any issues "getting things done" on an Android.
    03-26-16 03:48 PM
    The funny thing is... You don't have to "play around and waste time" with Androids or iPhone. They just have that ability if you want it. And after a few weeks I really haven't noticed any issues "getting things done" on an Android.
    There is no denying Androids and iPhones come with more than needed and also don't come with all the essentials that require you to download more useless apps. And there is also no denying BB10 is better than both company's OSs...just sad that most will never know or get to experience BB10.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    03-26-16 05:54 PM
    There is no denying Androids and iPhones come with more than needed and also don't come with all the essentials that require you to download more useless apps. And there is also no denying BB10 is better than both company's OSs...just sad that most will never know or get to experience BB10.

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    How is an app "useless" if it is providing an "essential" feature?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 12:01 PM
31 12