Windows tablets are the only productive tablets on the market right now.

- Ability to have full desktop programs
    - Ability to have keyboard docks NOT by bluetooth, but by physical docking. This means no bluetooth battery drain and connection issues. And it is possible to include additional battery in the keyboard to power the tablet to give it more juice, essentially having the keyboard as a secondary portable battery.
    - Full desktop os means that keyboard can be used to perform shortcut keys and not just for typing. Both Ipad and Android tablets are based on the phone OS, and it is not possible to have any kind of keyboard shortcuts
    - Can include full laptop power, being able to be spec'ed up all the way to Intel i7 processors if needed.

Therefore, if the BlackBerry tablet is going to be based on BlackBerry 10, which it most likely will be, I would just like to stick with my Windows tablet.

It is just not possible to match the productivity of a desktop os with a phone os.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    kbz1960 and Rello like this.
    10-31-14 12:30 PM
    I can't wait for it. I just hope they match the specs and design of current tablets. Meaning minimizing bezel size as much as possible. Excellent screen resolution, great processor and certainly not thick. I just cant get jazzed on Android and iOS tablets but a BB10 tablet sounds great. Don't forget the LED indicator too. Hope BlackBerry comes up with a finger print scanner too. Not like the ones where you slide your finger but a press-type.
    10-31-14 12:58 PM
    I disagree. While I think MS should get credit for bringing a new form factor to the table, implementation has been consistently subpar. The OS has always been of questionable quality and I have little faith they will patch it together with Windows 10. The screen size just doesn't seem to work and it has a cheap feel to it. And don't get me started with the cheesy keyboard with magnetic attachment. This is not to say the idea is bad, in fact I quite like the concept. I think that with some careful thought and attention to detail,BlackBerry could do a bang up job with a real business tablet.

Posted via CB10
    I have never used a Surface Pro tablet so I can't comment on its implementation but from the people i know who have it, and others at school who ive talked to about it, ive gotten really positive feedback. I honestly dont see them selling a tablet by pricing it at a Ipad or Surface pricetag. lol remember how people were when no one knew the price of the Passport?

I love BB10, but a $500 tablet running it is going to have to give me some truly innovative and solid features to justify it over tablet running Windows. I hope they can do it. Like you said, i hope they can show careful thought and attention to detail. The Passport gives me hope they can. Bring them buzzworthy QNX terms like distributed processing and M2M into useful BB10 features and I absolutely think they can make a tablet work
    10-31-14 01:34 PM

- Ability to have keyboard docks NOT by bluetooth, but by physical docking. This means no bluetooth battery drain and connection issues. And it is possible to include additional battery in the keyboard to power the tablet to give it more juice * * * * *Therefore, if the BlackBerry tablet is going to be based on BlackBerry 10, which it most likely will be, I would just like to stick with my Windows tablet.

It is just not possible to match the productivity of a desktop os with a phone os.

I certainly follow this line of reasoning and also the opinion, or preference for Surface tablets as of now. The Surface line is full featured and graduated, in that they have a number of models for different price points. So it is not as if there is a gaping hole in the market that BB might fill. But there is certainly room for innovation and improvement. There is a long way to go with the pen/stylus, for example. It works fairly well as is on the Surface Pro 3, as a selection device and in a very limited fashion, as a note-taker. OneNote works well with the pen, and the overall hand-written text into digital text function is improved, but the UI still needs work and no one seems to yet appreciate its potential utility. There is a next-great-tablet to be made. It might be easier for BB to leave that challenge to those with established records of reasonable success, but easy isn't necessarily the way to go, however distressed or emerging from distress BB might be.
    blackspeed likes this.
    10-31-14 01:44 PM
    I too have a Playbook. It's quite nice, however, it's not a phone or a highly mobile device per se. It's a tablet and there is really no advantage to a physical keyboard. Quite opposite in fact as it would just take up real estate.
    10-31-14 07:58 PM

- Ability to have keyboard docks NOT by bluetooth, but by physical docking. This means no bluetooth battery drain and connection issues. And it is possible to include additional battery in the keyboard to power the tablet to give it more juice, essentially having the keyboard as a secondary portable battery.
    - Full desktop os means that keyboard can be used to perform shortcut keys and not just for typing. Both Ipad and Android tablets are based on the phone OS, and it is not possible to have any kind of keyboard shortcuts
    - Can include full laptop power, being able to be spec'ed up all the way to Intel i7 processors if needed.

Therefore, if the BlackBerry tablet is going to be based on BlackBerry 10, which it most likely will be, I would just like to stick with my Windows tablet.

I am one that does not fancy a big tablet, Surface Pro is too big for me to carry around with me. I view Surface Pro more as a Ultra Portabale laptop with touch feature and a stylus in the same league as Thinkpad Yoga, Fujitsu T Series laptop.

I used to carry an iPad with me, and finally settled with Galaxy Note 8. I prefer something around this size where I could just chug it into a sling bag and light enough to not feel the weight. I do not need full laptop service on my tablet because the primary purpose is to read mail, read documents( mark up and comment if needed), sign and approved document on the go, and provide entertainment while waiting for appointments and during free time.

If BB is going to make a big laptop replacement tablet, it won't be able to compete with Surface Pro and other manufacturers. It has to find a niche and sweet spot which might not be easy.
    10-31-14 08:48 PM
    I'd love a new 'playbook'. I want to use a tablet with the same awesome ecosystem like my passport.
    I don't want to compromise anymore with apple android and so on. Mr Chen just do it, please.
    10-31-14 10:05 PM
    Would you trust a new tablet? Look what happened with the Playbook, which I own one. No support, no upgrade, nothing promised was delivered. I love Blackberry, I do, but I don't know if I'd support a new tablet based on the Playbook history.
    In Chen we trust.
    In Heinz we don't.
    11-02-14 06:55 AM
    Just beef up Blend to also run apps, and give me a high resolution "dumb" tablet.
    11-02-14 05:33 PM
    Is it really that hard to sell tablets? Decent hardware with decent pricing and decent apps and features. Done.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 06:19 PM
    No point in producing a tablet without apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 09:53 PM
    It doesn't have to run BB10. They could put Windows on a tablet for free, then put QNX and Android runtimes on there as a customisation. Being the first to convincingly offer a Windows tablet that also runs Android apps (and yes, I know about Bluestacks - it's much clunkier than BB's Android runtime implementation) would be quite a coup for them. A QNX app runtime would just give them continuity of apps across their portfolio. A setting where you can miracast to it as a screen extender (or even some sort of two-way interactive extender) for phones would be cool too. There is a whole huge vein of gold that tablet manufacturers haven't exploited yet.
    11-03-14 09:03 AM
87 ... 234