Blend will fit some users needs.... may work very well for enterprise users

But it won't replace tablets....?
    No, but it reduces the need for a dedicated BlackBerry tablet if anything can be used to reflect Hub activity. Playbook usefulness was devastated when they cut down Bridge with BB10.

Now Bridge is back, and can be used with almost any existing or future device. Why build your own when you can raid the supplies of your competitor?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-30-14 09:35 AM
    Don't know if I'll get another tablet from BlackBerry. The lack of commitment on the $700 one I bought from them has left a bad taste! They promised a lot and delivered maybe 20%. I know that BB10 on a tablet would be much better, but if I'm going to have to load it up with Android apps anyway, may as well go out and cut out the middle man and buy a cheap Galaxy Tab that the apps will definitely run on instead of hoping they will run on BB10.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-30-14 09:43 AM
    I think Chen should forget about the Tablet market and get a decent footing in the smartphone market once again. I loved my PB and it could do no wrong, till I got my iPad Air running iOS7 which had gestures (yeah copied but who cares it works). I immediately understood deeply the meaning of the saying "ignorance is bliss". As much as I'm a fan of BBRY, after paying $700 for the first one and an another $450 or so for an additional two, I won't be going near a tablet by BBRY!.....Smartphones however, still kosher! PassPort!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-30-14 10:48 AM
    Don't know if I'll get another tablet from BlackBerry. The lack of commitment on the $700 one I bought from them has left a bad taste! They promised a lot and delivered maybe 20%. I know that BB10 on a tablet would be much better, but if I'm going to have to load it up with Android apps anyway, may as well go out and cut out the middle man and buy a cheap Galaxy Tab that the apps will definitely run on instead of hoping they will run on BB10.

I can always understand this perspective, but most sales did occur when it was distressed stock and heavily discounted. So those users (like me) don't have that attitude towards the Playbook. So I really don't think that's much of a barrier. They did overproduce and therein lies the losses. As we see with the Passport, limited manufacture does make it possible to be profitable. The issue is whether it is worth it, and for now it's obviously not a priority. That's fair enough.

The funny thing is that Blend has me thinking about replacing my PlayBook now. It's not some misguided love affair, it's just that it fulfills my needs from a tablet still, so I've had no pressing need to get another one. Blend actually makes me interested in getting one again.

As for a BlackBerry one, well yes I'd be interested alright. But I am wondering what they could do that would provide a woe factor over a cheap Android one like the Hudl that's fairly capable, and I'm not sure. A physical keyboard like the Passport? Hmm, maybe. it'd be different, for sure. �300 different? Ah, that's another question.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-30-14 11:07 AM
    Please help me how to solve out the problem message code "Device Blocked: MM#6" is displayed when I insert my prepaid 3g micro sim card in BB playbook which is purchased through ebay 3 weeks ago. Hoping for getting real solution for my real problem.
    10-30-14 12:43 PM

The Playbook was a good tablet, and 2.0 was a great update (though closer to what the Playbook should have launched with).

That said, I didn't appreciate the being jerked around as far as the "will the Playbook gett BB10? Maybe it will! Maybe it won't! Theinz knows, but we don't!", and then the "Well, we can't actually do anything for Playbook users anymore" attitude, nor the "We promise we'll find something nice to do for Playbook users" followed by nothing.

I know that Mr. Chen isn't Mr. Heinz, but it's still hard to think about...
    10-30-14 12:49 PM
    Please help me how to solve out the problem message code "Device Blocked: MM#6" is displayed when I insert my prepaid 3g simple card in BB playbook which is purchased through ebay 3 weeks ago. Hoping for getting real solution for my real problem.
    10-30-14 01:06 PM
    Please help me how to solve out the problem message code "Device Blocked: MM#6" is displayed when I insert my prepaid 3g simple card in BB playbook which is purchased through ebay 3 weeks ago. Hoping for getting real solution for my real problem.
    Could be they just don't allow any device.
    10-30-14 01:37 PM
    I think Chen should forget about the Tablet market and get a decent footing in the smartphone market once again. I loved my PB and it could do no wrong, till I got my iPad Air running iOS7 which had gestures (yeah copied but who cares it works). I immediately understood deeply the meaning of the saying "ignorance is bliss". As much as I'm a fan of BBRY, after paying $700 for the first one and an another $450 or so for an additional two, I won't be going near a tablet by BBRY!.....Smartphones however, still kosher! PassPort!
    Exactly.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-30-14 01:46 PM
    Whilst I'm loath to respond to somebody who posts on an unconnected thread, in the wrong forum, and double-posts the same thing, I will tell you what I know. There are a load of ex-Sprint Playbooks floating around eBay, which use a very unusual method of network carrier locking. Tons of them have ended up in India and if that is where you are, then it is only going to be of use to you on WiFi. Either return it for your money back or move on. Next time post in the right place and don't spam an unconnected thread.
    gfondeur and saniswary like this.
    10-30-14 01:51 PM
    another Blackberry tablet ? after the playbook fiasco and broken promises, would anyone trust them again,
    CairnsRock likes this.
    10-30-14 04:57 PM
    That was in less than 10 hours...

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    I didn't even want to get into it. Trolls will troll!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-30-14 07:02 PM
    If you call a mere 200K units a success
    Yeah, it is if you your cost and inventory stock leading up to the launch was controlled and planned perfectly, which was the case for the Passport as evident from different news sources, then even 200,000 is a definitely success.

Via CB10 on Z10 | T-Mo | 10.3.1.821
    10-30-14 07:22 PM
    Wow...is BB really going after another tablet? I can't tell if Chen in these comments is giving it a definite or not, or more saying it's among the options they're exploring. Where is Crackberry on reporting this? Pretty major stuff

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:58 PM
    What if Chen wasn't referring to a tablet that was being built by BlackBerry? Could he have a venture with Android / Amazon with BlackBerry capabilities??? Just thinking out loud. Sometimes, Chen seems to let out a trickle of the truth...but we all initially went to a PlayBook 2 kinda thing...hmmm

Posted via Z10
    10-30-14 08:44 PM
    Please watch the interview. Just the last 10 minutes is fine, that is when he is asked about new device concepts.

He does not at all say anything definite about a tablet! All he is says is if they would ever consider a new tablet, it would have to be something different than what we are used to. Because the tablet in its current form is not future-proof. He goes on to say that they are working on concepts for such devices. Well of course they are, they are a tech company! That's what they do, make a 1000 concepts and see if one fits their target area.
    There is no reason whatsoever to think they have a tablet actually lined up anywhere in their business plan at this moment.

If anything, his joke about a keyboard-based tablet should show you that they are do not have serious contenders lined up on this front. He then goes on to say the new folding keyboard phone we have seen is the thing they are looking most into, stating it would "probably be the best of both worlds". In other words, better than a pure tablet.

"No doubt we're working on it..."

Chen won't waste money developing a product and not planning to profit from the efforts. In the recent CNBC interview he's making it clear they (him and the team) are not going to gamble any money on experiments or overstocked products.
    Read / listen between the lines :-)

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000325367

It's not gonna be a conventional tablet. It will be disruptive, same way they intended and achieved with the Passport...

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 10-31-14 at 12:58 AM.
    10-30-14 08:52 PM
    No to a new BlackBerry tablet. Although I still use my PlayBook daily, tablets are as dependent on apps as smartphones (see Windows RT failure). With BlackBerry's current app gap and utter dependence on Android apps available through Amazon to fill it, not to mention lack of consumer confidence post-PlayBook, it's a recipe for disaster. With more and more manufacturers like Asus, HP, and Acer making either detachable screen or "flippable" laptops with massive storage, decent GPUs (Lenovo has a 13" flip laptop with 2GB GDDR5 memory), and massive RAM, the days of the tablet are numbered.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. There are things you just can't do on a tablet with or with out detachable keyboard. And 2gigs of ram is not huge. Maybe 10 years ago. The PlayBook was released unfinished and that destroyed it. If BlackBerry could release an good product I think it would sell and they need to package it with bes 12. So it works with bes12 and phones. Like apple is trying to with IBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:27 PM
    The UI of the playbook is much nicer and some of the core apps have TAT actually putting effort into it.

The elements of the Playbook is like a mix of BBOS and BB10 which is a much more refined and finished look. BB10 to me, still looks unfinished kind of like the Honda Element (they threw a bunch of nice pieces together but it still isn't finished).

Playbook is just insanely slow like BBOS which makes it unappealing for my daily usage.
    10-30-14 09:35 PM
    Agree. People aren't going to bite on a ridiculous price this time. I know I won't lol. I think the Surface is pretty exspensive but if this new BB tablet is anywhere close in price to the Surface, im choosing windows.
    I disagree. While I think MS should get credit for bringing a new form factor to the table, implementation has been consistently subpar. The OS has always been of questionable quality and I have little faith they will patch it together with Windows 10. The screen size just doesn't seem to work and it has a cheap feel to it. And don't get me started with the cheesy keyboard with magnetic attachment. This is not to say the idea is bad, in fact I quite like the concept. I think that with some careful thought and attention to detail,BlackBerry could do a bang up job with a real business tablet.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 10:48 PM
    The new tablet should have a stylus pen and functionality similar or better than Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014.
    10-30-14 10:51 PM
    I don't think Chen was using that forum to make jokes. I understand how someone's experience with the PlayBook would make them skeptical about the prospect of a new tablet. But if and when that happens I expect most people would evaluate the device on its specs, design and merits and not like a jilted suitor still smarting from some old soured affair. I do think this is a positive sign of company confidence and willingness to compete. A lot of the press coverage and commentary about BlackBerry is framed by the perception of the company as a quaint and scrappy anachronism. Fit only for throwbacks and the funky fringes. I like the idea instead of a company that will chart its own course and decide it's own future.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 11:55 PM
    Since I bought my Z30 I am using very very rarely my tablet. I really don't need it, I am doing everything with my phone.
    That's why it's called a phablet.
    10-31-14 08:05 AM
    Source?
    10-31-14 08:12 AM
    Here's what would make me buy a BlackBerry tablet:

- being able to use my phone's keyboard to type on it
    - fully functional Office suite, and not the pathetic Docs2Go
    - OneNote support

For everything else there are mobile websites.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 10:36 AM
    The 200,000 units was the first two days on sale from two websites. They have been selling out almost everywhere ever since.
    10-31-14 10:38 AM
87 1234