I don't see the need for a physical keyboard on a tablet but I would love to see another BlackBerry tablet.

Today you can buy a nice portable Bluetooth keyboard for those times when you need it.

Tablets are about having a large screen at a light weight and used mostly for content consumption. Real work is still done on laptops and I don't think that is going to change any time soon. Laptops are just getting lighter and with more innovative form factors (ie Lenovo Yoga). So, there is a kind of convergence going on.

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    10-29-14 08:36 PM
    I would like to see the Showcase option that the playbook has. Being able to watch a video and answer emails at the same time is desirable. Wish the passport had this option. I vote for a built in physical keyboard for a tablet

Posted via CB10
    I watch TV and edit text files on the Passport. Even now I am watching and listening to The National on CBC in the background on the Passport as I type in the CB app on my Passport.
    I still use the tablet for watching live TV in the kitchen.
    Otherwise, the Passport has replaced both my tablet and my laptop.
    A tablet is kind of useless now.
    I'd rather have a passport with all the functionality of my Linux laptop.
    Never trusted Microsoft and its windoze, nor apple.
    I want to control my devices, not the other way around!
    And no cloud services either!
    I have 160Gbyte memory on my phone! Why would I store my data in the cloud?
    Let's save bandwidth, energy, and the environment and NOT use the cloud.
    Just a money making scheme for companies without real creativity and with dwindling sales...
    Last edited by sorinv; 10-29-14 at 09:30 PM.
    10-29-14 09:19 PM
    I am not sure whether a BB Tablet is a good idea. I do think tablet owners will expect more content consumption like games, movies, and etc, which BB is lacking now. If however, they make one with good keyboard, and a stylus, I might get one just for business use...
    10-29-14 10:43 PM
    Very interested to see what they come up with. I owned 4 playbooks during different times in the hopes I'd like it more each time. But of course there were downfalls and I sold it, then bought another.

I'm rooting for Blackberry but I'm still waiting for a replacement passport since Oct 10
    10-29-14 10:47 PM
    I dont think Chen need to waste his time and energy for tablet. There are many other important things to do including improving the os10
    10-29-14 10:55 PM
    Ugh, the tablet market is dying and being replaced by the premium ultra portables like the surface pro 3 and yoga 3 pro... a basic tablet would be awful at this point...unless it's packing serious punch like the surface pro 3.
    10-29-14 11:01 PM
    It will be interesting to see in what way a tablet, may be similar to what N4BB reported about a tablet with retractable PKB, will support BBRY's enterprise focus. Putting BB10 on a tablet could be disaster and neither Blend is a complete powerhouse to run a dummy tablet. So far wherever I had seen a tablet, it is media consumption, including two at my home. The only place where tablet is put for some serious work is in advertisement only. Not in real world.

Or is it what JC said elsewhere that "Change for the sake of change"?
    10-29-14 11:30 PM
    BlackBerry will have to convince me and other PlayBook users so much to buy another BlackBerry Tablet. They have done complete injustice to the PlayBook. Anyways back to topic. Give me one reason why not to buy the most beautiful yet powerful Laptop/Tablet combo called Microsoft Surface Pro 3? I know it is on the expensive side but It is really an ultimate machine. Light weight, fantastic design, gorgeous display, thousand of tablet optimised apps and full desktop apps. I don't want to keep this post sound like an advert for Surface Pro 3. I wish BlackBerry could focus on the smartphones and maybe wearables. The reason is they do not have much resources to compete with Microsoft, Apple or Google in tablet market at the moment. What they could do is bring in complete Blend Integration to PC and OSX. I do like their BB10 phones. Can't wait for the hidden keyboard full touch.
    10-30-14 12:13 AM
    Agreed - I have the Surface Pro 3, and it's an amazing machine. Doubt BB could come up with anything that could challenge it regarding productivity unless they team up with someone like Lenovo and release something like the Helix.
    10-30-14 12:21 AM
    I think, for now at least, they should try shooting for a deeper integration with Windows. Especially given the uptake in recent Surface Pro 3 sales. They could develop a Blend Windows App. Microsoft could allow better synchronization with Docs to Go. There can be Windows-related Hub notifications. Microsoft could even make a SmartWatch that works with BlackBerries. Together, they could play off of one another using their unique form factors and the hybrid effects. Microsoft would expose themselves to the loyal Crackberrians and BlackBerry would be able to plant roots in the tablet game with little risk.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 02:11 AM
    I think, for now at least, they should try shooting for a deeper integration with Windows. Especially given the uptake in recent Surface Pro 3 sales. They could develop a Blend Windows App. Microsoft could allow better synchronization with Docs to Go. There can be Windows-related Hub notifications. Microsoft could even make a SmartWatch that works with BlackBerries. Together, they could play off of one another using their unique form factors and the hybrid effects. Microsoft would expose themselves to the loyal Crackberrians and BlackBerry would be able to plant roots in the tablet game with little risk.

Posted via CB10
    You cannot trust Microsoft... They will Embrace, Extend and Extinguish. The latest Microsoft MDM announcement is to kill Blackberry, it supports all platforms except Blackberry.

Microsoft wants the the enterprise market.
    10-30-14 02:17 AM
    I liked the Playbooks build quality and feel. This was a true BlackBerry device, feels nice in your hands, offers a quality build and is pretty sturdy. Too bad the software just wasn't ready for primetime and IMO even today with the latest software it still isn't too good. The Playbook was my first tablet and still is my only one. I got it mostly because there was a sale and I could catch the 32 gigs version for just 160?. Which was a steal this time, especially when similar priced Android tablets really, really sucked.

However it more and more sits lonely in the drawer, I rarely use it today. Browsing is frustrating and simply works better on the Passport, heck I even prefered browsing the web on the small screen of the Q10 compared to the Playbook. But getting out a new tablet with modern internals and modern software, I might actually buy a new tablet.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and cman5 like this.
    10-30-14 02:38 AM
    I'm intrigued by the possibility of a new tablet. But I'm also very skeptical. If this device comes to fruition. It needs to come to market with the capabilities of a Surface Pro 3 or likewise. Come out the gate swinging with a device that people will want, cause it will perform. If it's lacking in any areas beyond apps, it will be DOA.

But if it's going to ever happen again, I definitely think it should happen under Chens' watch.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    10-30-14 04:54 AM
    I don't see why with blend any tablet can be your bb tablet. What will it offer over others. A pkb? Then it has to be smaller.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-30-14 05:34 AM
    I think it's way too early to be thinking of a tablet. Their last one was a huge disaster. The Passport seems to be a success thus far. I hope they don't let success with one device go to their head and branch out too quickly.

BlackBerry need to stick to phones for a while. Once they are fully back in the phone department and profitable then then they can reexamine the tablet front.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-30-14 05:40 AM
    A Tablet needs a purpose.... at this point it would be hard to introduce a BlackBerry Tablet in an already crowded and mature market.

But I think they could build a 8" tablet, put BB10 on it and slap a $500 price tag on it and sell a few hundred thousand in a few months. As long as they stay conservative they could make a profit on them and meet the needs of some BlackBerry users. And maybe it would keep a few companies from turning to say Apple or Google for a Tablet, which could lead to a total change in a companies outlook on mobile.

Would it sell as many as the PlayBook did, or become a consumer "hit".... no. But it doesn't have to, just meet the needs of YOUR customers!
    10-30-14 07:25 AM
    They could actually make one running either Windows RT or Windows x86, the licenses for which on small devices are free. If they customised it enough as an ultra-prestige business device, with some kind of differentiating characteristics like a clever keyboard, it may stand a chance as a profitable niche device
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    10-30-14 07:25 AM
    Miss my Playbook, I wish they would make a new one with updated specs and BB10. 10.3 is awesome on my Passport and would be great on a tablet. My iPad mini is okay but I liked the Playbook better besides the lack performance.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:30 AM
    Chen & Co. have a good track record so far and they seem to know what they're doing. While he's said that there's a tablet in the works, I don't believe it's anywhere near to being released. Has to at least be 1-2 years out, although, Chen has shown that they can move fast; look at the Visa/Victoria, going to be shown off at MWC 2015. I will say it's exciting to hear that a tablet is in the works.
    10-30-14 07:35 AM
    BlackBerry Tablet -- Can Chen Re-Write the Playbook?-foolmetwice.jpg

Not falling for it this time..
    10-30-14 07:39 AM
    No... My old Playbook is currently being used as an alarm clock. I love the Passport, but I still use my Xperia Z for those Android apps that don't quite work right in BB10. I like the cross-platform capability I have now. Team BlaXperia is handling all of my mobile needs, and it would require a truly revolutionary device to get me to switch.
    10-30-14 07:51 AM
    I saw John Chen's recent comments about a new Tablet in the pipeline...
    Please watch the interview. Just the last 10 minutes is fine, that is when he is asked about new device concepts.

He does not at all say anything definite about a tablet! All he is says is if they would ever consider a new tablet, it would have to be something different than what we are used to. Because the tablet in its current form is not future-proof. He goes on to say that they are working on concepts for such devices. Well of course they are, they are a tech company! That's what they do, make a 1000 concepts and see if one fits their target area.
    There is no reason whatsoever to think they have a tablet actually lined up anywhere in their business plan at this moment.

If anything, his joke about a keyboard-based tablet should show you that they are do not have serious contenders lined up on this front. He then goes on to say the new folding keyboard phone we have seen is the thing they are looking most into, stating it would "probably be the best of both worlds". In other words, better than a pure tablet.
    cman5, BeautyEh and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    10-30-14 08:24 AM
    I got one word for you. Blend.
    Change the game not beat your competitor.
    cman5 likes this.
    10-30-14 08:50 AM
    If you call a mere 200K units a success
    That was in less than 10 hours...

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-30-14 09:13 AM
    I got one word for you. Blend.
    Change the game not beat your competitor.
    Blend will fit some users needs.... may work very well for enterprise users

But it won't replace tablets....?
    10-30-14 09:17 AM
87 1234