So Ive had my blackberry pearl for two weeks. I have my phone set up to receive my gmail and to receive email from my work which comes from microsoft outlook exchange server. I get all my emails but the problem is... when I have read them on my computer they still show up on my phone as new mail. So I am sitting at work getting mail all day, reading it, deleting it and also receive the messages on my phone as new message until i delete or check it. Now with gmail... .when i read it from another place(like outlook acct) then i go into gmail it will show as read. How come my blackberry doesn't work like this?? Is there no syncronization??? I called at&t and they tell me Ill just have to delete it all on my phone. This cannot be the only answer? That makes no sense. I know someone has the answer. They tell me reconcile now is only used to delete email... that makes no sense. I understand I am new to blackberry. But I cannot imagine everyone who uses this for work has to go to two places to have all their messages deleted or marked as read. PPPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE HELP!!!!!

Also what is auto on/off under options??
    11-12-08 07:21 PM
    Probably not the solution you're looking for but I handle this by setting the BIS filter for my work e-mail to "Do Not Forward" when I'm in the office and turn it off when I leave for the day.

Not the perfect solution but it keeps me from reading/deleting e-mails twice and prevents battery drain.

Steve
    11-12-08 10:44 PM
    Well thats an idea. Better than what at&t told me to do. They told me to delete the acct and then every afternoon put it back on my blackberry. I just find it hard to believe that there is no way to synchronize it. I am sure there is a solution. Ive just spent way too many hours already on the internet researching alot of things for blackberry. Plus i spend 8 hours at work doing nothing but working on the computer. Thank for your thought
    11-13-08 07:45 AM
    Resend your service books. This helps...sometimes.
    11-13-08 08:04 AM
    .....shouldn't this work automatically upon synchronization? When I synchronize from the DM I get a lot of pop up messages on my PC that make it appear that stuff is happening, but when it's all done, the emails on my BB are in exactly the same status as they were before the synch.
    11-15-08 09:22 AM
    Probably not the solution you're looking for but I handle this by setting the BIS filter for my work e-mail to "Do Not Forward" when I'm in the office and turn it off when I leave for the day.

Not the perfect solution but it keeps me from reading/deleting e-mails twice and prevents battery drain.

Steve
    I am not sure if that will work for me. My work uses an OWA server. So everything I do at work is backed up on this server. So no matter what my email is saved somewhere. If i turn off the forwarding email at work... Will the OWA server still forward to my work? Or will it just stop it from forwarding to another acct?

The only thing I can think of is.. Use Google gmail to recieve all my messages and take my gmail accts off my blackberry email acct. Then in my blackberry acct, set up my blackberry email and my outlook email. When i get to work in the morning, I guess I can go online to blackberry email and select DO NOT FWD. And turn it on when I leave work. THIS IS SUCH a nuisance though.
    I have to do something though bc IT IS KILLING MY BATTERY!! I didn't even use my phone today at work and by the time I left. I had over 30 emails and my battery was almost dead. There has to be another way or why would so many people use blackberries for work?
    11-17-08 07:35 PM
    So I still haven't gotten any solutions. Today I tried to relieve my battery and went to my blackberry email and turned on the do not forward for my work email. This did save me from having to delete all my emails but when I left work.... I almost forgot to turn it back on. And while at work today I only received maybe 3-4 emails thru my gmail acct and still at the end of the day... MY BATTERY WAS DEAD!!!!! This sucks. I know my blackberry does alot more than my old phone and I do alot more on it. I charge it all night, 8-6 I hardly use it, and its still dead at the end of the day. Is this something I just have to live with???
    11-18-08 07:51 PM
    After a lot of research and experimentation, this is how I've resolved this (finally!). I downloaded the Gmail application onto my BB from the Gmail site. Now I have a Gmail icon on my BB that synchs perfectly with my laptop. Email read/opened, whatever in one place gets reflected in the other. The only problem is, there is a delay between the 2 of up to 20 minutes. So, I may delete an email on my laptop but it still shows up in my BB Gmail account for a few minutes. There is also a delay in receiving Gmails on my BB - again, up to 20 minutes. I just ignore the Gmail account I set up on my BB. I'm sure it's full of emails now, but I don't use it. Now I have my work email and my Gmail in separate accounts in my BB. Not the perfect solution, but certainly better than having to manage Gmail in 2 places.
    11-19-08 12:49 PM
    I have a different issue. My main home email with my internet service provider sometimes doesn't make it to my blackberry. When I check my email at home there are lots of unread messages that I never saw on my blackberry. Can anyone help me with this? Is there something I need to do with my ISP account?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 01:37 PM
    I have a different issue. My main home email with my internet service provider sometimes doesn't make it to my blackberry. When I check my email at home there are lots of unread messages that I never saw on my blackberry. Can anyone help me with this? Is there something I need to do with my ISP account?

I had a similar issue. I have a verizon email address and sometimes I would get the email on my computer but never on my device. I had resent my service books and it still wasn't working. I called CS and the guy told me that I needed to have a copy of the email stay on there server. He said that sometimes for whatever reason, when Verizon would try and send the message to my device, if there was an interruption in service or a glitch, that the server wouldn't try again to send the message. By saving a copy, it would try again, because the message would still be there.

Not sure if this was actually true, but since then, I haven't had any more trouble.
    11-19-08 03:24 PM
    So Ive had my blackberry pearl for two weeks. I have my phone set up to receive my gmail and to receive email from my work which comes from microsoft outlook exchange server. I get all my emails but the problem is... when I have read them on my computer they still show up on my phone as new mail. So I am sitting at work getting mail all day, reading it, deleting it and also receive the messages on my phone as new message until i delete or check it. Now with gmail... .when i read it from another place(like outlook acct) then i go into gmail it will show as read. How come my blackberry doesn't work like this?? Is there no syncronization??? I called at&t and they tell me Ill just have to delete it all on my phone. This cannot be the only answer? That makes no sense. I know someone has the answer. They tell me reconcile now is only used to delete email... that makes no sense. I understand I am new to blackberry. But I cannot imagine everyone who uses this for work has to go to two places to have all their messages deleted or marked as read. PPPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE HELP!!!!!

Also what is auto on/off under options??
    What email account are you having problems with? Work or Gmail? Auto on/off turns your BB on and off automatically to save the battery. It's useful for when you're sleep.

11-20-08 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD