I just picked up a Surface Rt 2 and while I did make fun of windows 8 before it sure has grown and definitely works perfectly on the tablet.

That being said, I got rid of all things to Do with android (was using a z10/Q10 with a android tablet).

The surface has a usb connection so you directly plug you Q or Z in and swap files (really handy for huge videos). You can also utilize the print to go option from your surface and pair your Q or Z to it and send files that way.

I have to say the mobile office platform on the surface is really nice and because my Q has documents to go which isn't bloated I can work efficiently between the two devices.

I think in my opinion microsoft and blackberry could itilize each others strengths and weaknesses.

Does anyone else use the bb10 with a surface or windows tablet?

Posted via CB10
    Loc22, farskija and rav16 like this.
    11-30-13 02:03 PM
    Awesome post because I've been wondering just how well the Surface would work along with the Q myself. Me, I think Windows 8 is pretty neat and I've been interested in the Surface since it came out, particularly RT as it basically involves all that is absolutely new-school only. The fact it isn't Google, and the fact it has proper USB support are already huge pluses in my small book.

If I can ask, when you open up a Word document in actual MS Word imported from Docs To Go, does it retain all of your formatting?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:23 PM
    Same here good to know, cause I've been thinking of getting two surfaces, keeping my playbook though, but need something that will get full support,heck if a bb10 tablet comes I'll get it.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    11-30-13 02:33 PM
    Thought about getting a Surface 2 since I'm sure BlackBerry will take its sweet time giving me a PlayBook 2. No but really, the Surface does look like a very nice tablet for school/wrok

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:41 PM
    To me a surface is better than an ipad and I would like anyone to tell me otherwise lol with a good reason I dear ya.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-13 02:42 PM
    My wife has been using an RT (along with a Z10) for a few months now and it has been excellent for her school work (advanced degree). She actually prefers the type keyboard to her laptop's (smaller hands maybe?). Anyway, I though it was a good deal back when they first dropped the prices, mostly because it included Office. Almost bought myself one yesterday at $199, but decided to hold off for prices to drop in the Surface 2, or maybe a deal on a Pro.

The only bad thing she had to say about the RT is that her work requires the Citrix IE plug in to let her access work apps/data from home (a hospital). The plugin is only available for non-RT windows. Although there is a Citrix Receiver app for Windows, her work hasn't enabled access through it. My work-around was for her to RDP into my always-on Win7 PC, and use the IE on the desktop. I also set her up with an external monitor via the HDMI port, and extended her RT desktop to it. I found it amusing that it lets you simultaneously see the 'classic windows desktop' on the external screen, and the 'metro' tile desktop on the tablet screen.

Buying any other type of tablet is basically admitting you mostly want to just waste time on it (which is a fine use of a tablet btw, I'm not bashing!!) . Kudos to MS.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 02:55 PM
    I have this combo now as well. Though I recommend the Surface Pro. As one could theoretically develop apps on the go for BB10.

BB10 or Bust!
    11-30-13 03:02 PM
    I thought the windows tablet would be the way to go also. Mind you I don't own one but am thinking if I decide to buy, it would integrate best with the PC & Z10. Glad to see some people making those combos work.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:17 PM
    Playbook has a great Citrix app I'm in health IT, works great.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I can imagine, but I can't log her in through my PB or her Z10! From reading online it seems that IT has to enable something or the other...

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 03:28 PM
    Often you need to use the web environment for Citrix to launch correctly without the CAG being open specifically to a device type.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 04:58 PM
    The Surface RT (1st gen) was on blowout for Black Friday for $200. I skipped on it. I want to get the Surface Pro gen 2
    11-30-13 05:02 PM
    I'm planning to buy the Surface 2, as well, and if the Q10 prices drop, I plan to pick one up as well. I started transitioning away from being so tied into Google's ecosystem (gmail, youtube, google search,Chrome browser, android phone). I was going to buy a Chromebook a few months ago because I didn't want to buy a new Mac or Windows 8 laptop, but thought about the Google trap and said, "hell no!" to the Chromebook.

I'm not a big fan of Windows 8 on a regular laptop, but it's perfect on the Surface devices, but I'm still not ready to make a jump to a Windows Phone, I still love Android.

I think Blackberry could have capitalized on a great marketing campaign, as Microsoft did with their "Scroogle ads," as well as their great tablet and phone ads, showing the advantages and uses over their competitors.

I for one, wasn't a huge fan of Microsoft or interested in their products until this year. I have now switched most of my email accounts to Outlook.com, use mostly Firefox search engine/Browser(not Microsoft, but not Google), plan on buying a Surface 2 and might consider buying a higher-end Windows laptop in the near future. A future Windows Phone switch might not be soon, but I've become open to the idea. Blackberry should follow Microsoft's playbook (no pun intended).
    11-30-13 05:35 PM
    The surface is pretty amazing. i'm not a fan of windows phones but the surface is something else. It's finally a tablet that can replace a PC. I was thinking about getting one

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 06:22 PM
    First day with a surface. Generally enjoying it. The main complaint is the hd space. 16 gb for the os feels wrong.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 07:51 PM
    First day with a surface. Generally enjoying it. The main complaint is the hd space. 16 gb for the os feels wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Get a micro SD card.

They really try to push you into their 'skydrive' solution, which admittedly has improved vastly since the 8.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:16 PM
    Future shop is selling a 64 gb lexar for 39.99 says you save 60 don't know if it's a good deal.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook has a Citrix app that hasn't been updated in forever. When I use RDP through it to connect to PCs and Servers in my workplace all I get is a garbled corrupt screen. Apps by themselves such as MS Word work OK but as I work in IT I mainly need RDP to work.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:47 PM
    Get a micro SD card.

They really try to push you into their 'skydrive' solution, which admittedly has improved vastly since the 8.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    I kinda like skydive, it felt safe to me and I used it even before windows 8 and 8.1. I wish Live had two way authentication so it has to text my q10 whenever I login.

So far I'm really liking being able to plug my Q into the surface and transfer data quickly.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:47 PM
    and you can install leak os to your phone using surface that's the best part

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 08:55 PM
    I just picked up a Surface Rt 2 and while I did make fun of windows 8 before it sure has grown and definitely works perfectly on the tablet.

That being said, I got rid of all things to Do with android (was using a z10/Q10 with a android tablet).

The surface has a usb connection so you directly plug you Q or Z in and swap files (really handy for huge videos). You can also utilize the print to go option from your surface and pair your Q or Z to it and send files that way.

I have to say the mobile office platform on the surface is really nice and because my Q has documents to go which isn't bloated I can work efficiently between the two devices.

I think in my opinion microsoft and blackberry could itilize each others strengths and weaknesses.

Does anyone else use the bb10 with a surface or windows tablet?

Posted via CB10
    I have the same setup with surface RT. Its a great compliment.

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    11-30-13 09:18 PM
    Admittedly the Surface RT and Surface 2 are not bad as consumption/content creation devices however the lack of good quality apps is just maddening. I also don't have any faith in Microsoft ensuring their tablet operating systems remain stable, secure and optimized for performance. They have a track record of failing in all these key areas.
    12-01-13 03:15 AM
    Admittedly the Surface RT and Surface 2 are not bad as consumption/content creation devices however the lack of good quality apps is just maddening. I also don't have any faith in Microsoft ensuring their tablet operating systems remain stable, secure and optimized for performance. They have a track record of failing in all these key areas.

Windows phone is optimized in performance and stable and secure. I'm pretty sure they can do all those in Windows 8.1/RT8.1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    12-01-13 03:42 AM
    In fairness, we're all fans of an os that has a lack of apps. And also lack of tablet apps aren't as bad as lack of phone apps. You can still use the browser to fulfill most app needs in a tablet.

Where surface gets it right is form factor. They almost nailed it with the kickstand and touch cover. Its comfortable as a tablet and can be productive like a laptop. The software still needs work for sure but that will get there hopefully.

Posted using my Q10 via CB10
    boi2012 likes this.
    12-01-13 07:16 AM
    Lol, If only android could come close to making a stable/secure/safe OS like microsoft did. My nexus 7 didn't even have a built in file manager, had to install as you call it an 'app' which was loaded with bloat just to look for my files. Besides, do you use apps on your laptop? I don't I use the browser and the surface is the closest thing to mobile computing on a tablet whether you like it or not.

Posted via CB10
    farskija likes this.
    12-01-13 11:16 AM
67 123