How many different BB Super Bowl commercials are we going to see from RIM? Am suggesting at least 2, one for the PB and one for phones. Let's see how serious they're going to be when it comes to marketing.
    01-18-12 01:35 PM
    My guess is zilch. Just don't think they are committed enough to US market to drop that kind of coin. IMHO they are only just now advertising BB7 device in the US to try to shut up investors and buy time to whatever their next move is.
    01-18-12 01:49 PM
    My guess is zilch. Just don't think they are committed enough to US market to drop that kind of coin. IMHO they are only just now advertising BB7 device in the US to try to shut up investors and buy time to whatever their next move is.
    To be honest, besides PB commercials last year I don't remember any other BB commercials at all. Not even for OS7, so how do they expect to compete? A few friends have seen my new Torch and they're like "I didn't know they were BBs like this one". On the other hand I see Android left and right on tv. Here's a good one but again I've only seen it on youtube.
    Last edited by Blkacesvf41; 01-18-12 at 03:29 PM.
    01-18-12 03:04 PM
    I'm with you. At a million dollars per commercial, I don't think RIM will bother to pony up the cash to compete with Apple and Android with their current lineup.
    01-18-12 03:23 PM
    I'm with you. At a million dollars per commercial, I don't think RIM will bother to pony up the cash to compete with Apple and Android with their current lineup.
    But they've also missed out on cheaper playoff slots. Of course they spent a bundle on NYE. When the only people watching were too old, too young or too sick to go out. So, the only ones watching the ads were the least likely to buy a smartphone. But that was more important than placement in the Super Bowl.
    01-18-12 03:49 PM
    id be surprised to see any BB/RIM commercials during the Super Bowl...i would like to but i just don't have faith that they will do it
    01-18-12 07:09 PM
    With all the recent "be bold" commercial I've seen on TV, I'll almost guarantee there will be a SB commercial. More then likely in the fourth quarter when none ones watching, and ad space is nearly quarter of what it is for the first half.
    01-18-12 07:47 PM
    I like the "bebold" slogan a lot, but I have to admit the first torch commercial was pretty epic eh too bad the phone sucked
    01-18-12 07:57 PM
    With all the recent "be bold" commercial I've seen on TV, I'll almost guarantee there will be a SB commercial. More then likely in the fourth quarter when none ones watching, and ad space is nearly quarter of what it is for the first half.
    You'll still have plenty of viewers then. Especially at the 4th quarter. Just hope it's a real close game. lol
    01-18-12 07:59 PM
    I don't expect to see a BB commercial during the super bowl. I think, if anything, they'd have a commercial during the all-star game, as they've had ads play during nba games and even sponsor a segment during TNTs coverage of the nba.
    01-18-12 10:49 PM
    What was the amount they were throwing at advertising.. $100 million a quarter? Maybe we'll all be surprised when they buy as many as Bud Light does..

I don't care if they're as silly ( ) as long as they strike up conversation or evoke a reaction!! How weird would it be if someone said, "Hey, did you see that Blackberry commercial?"
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-19-12 12:25 AM
    But they've also missed out on cheaper playoff slots. Of course they spent a bundle on NYE. When the only people watching were too old, too young or too sick to go out. So, the only ones watching the ads were the least likely to buy a smartphone. But that was more important than placement in the Super Bowl.
    Sorry, but I am neither too old, too young nor too sick and I still stayed at home for NYE. I refuse to go to Memphis and be pushed around by 40K drunks and thugs with guns just to pay $12 for a chocolate martini to watch the Gibson guitar drop from Beale Street. Not every person who can go out does go out.

Though I didn't see the commercials, I have heard about them. I still think it's too little too late, but getting back to the Super Bowl commercials. I don't watch football unless it's Razorbacks football. Can't stand the sport, especially on the pro level. Want to impress me? Put a BB commercial in during the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. That I'll watch.
    01-19-12 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD