With today's news I wonder if BlackBerry will continue developing their suite of apps. I can't see it making a lot of sense anymore as there will probably be no more phones preloaded with that software.
    02-03-20 10:43 PM
    They will kill it off in the next few months. BBMe will definitely follow suit.

Yes, at least we still have some topics to debate about its end now.
    02-03-20 10:55 PM
    I'm planning for that eventuality. Soon as I upgrade my K2 in the fall, I won't be subscribing to BlackBerry apps. I've been using MS Outlook, Google Calendar, Contacts, and the Microsoft Launcher. The launcher has a widget called Recent Activities which is like a universal inbox of some social media apps, and emails. It can also log calls and SMS but it requires you to switch to Cortana for that to work due to Google policy (same reason why SMS on the hub doesn't work like it did in the past). It's not totally like the BlackBerry suite, but I'm getting used to the flow.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-03-20 10:55 PM
    I'll be checking out the Microsoft suite of apps for sure. I'm currently paying the subscription for the BlackBerry apps and have no problem paying for any other suite of apps that meet my needs.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-03-20 11:01 PM
    Glad to see the very old members come back after that final announcement 😁
    02-03-20 11:01 PM
    well, we all knew it was coming...it was a good ride while it lasted...lol
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-03-20 11:40 PM
    I'll be checking out the Microsoft suite of apps for sure. I'm currently paying the subscription for the BlackBerry apps and have no problem paying for any other suite of apps that meet my needs.
    No charge for the MS Launcher or Outlook. I've been using it for a few weeks now. It's pretty decent.
    gebco and Grungni like this.
    02-04-20 06:43 AM
    I hope the BlackBerry Hub lives on; it works great on my Galaxy Fold.
    Bfalcon1, Grungni and Mecca EL like this.
    02-04-20 07:36 AM
    If you use office365, then the microsoft apps are a no-brainer....
    02-04-20 02:38 PM
    If you use office365, then the microsoft apps are a no-brainer....
    New Edge Browser is quite good as well.
    Grungni and john_v like this.
    02-04-20 04:53 PM
    New Edge Browser is quite good as well.
    I would agree... As is the latest chrome based Edge on Windows 10... If you are a Windows 10 user makes sense to use Edge on Android or iOS as favourites, history etc are automatically synced and the 'continue on' feature is very useful too...
    app_Developer and bh7171 like this.
    02-04-20 05:03 PM
    really?? we were recently forced at work to the outlook at for 365 and i can tell you for sure there isnt one person liking it. most of us hate it.
    02-04-20 05:06 PM
    I suppose now's the time to subscribe if Hub+ stands any chance of continuing, assuming the decision hasn't already been made.

I hope it survives, it's the only complete third party PIM solution on Android.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-04-20 10:15 PM
    really?? we were recently forced at work to the outlook at for 365 and i can tell you for sure there isnt one person liking it. most of us hate it.
    It's not perfect. It doesn't do some of the small things I like such as download my attachments in advance, and it doesn't search my deleted items folders. But I think it's good to have a back up that I'm ok with if BlackBerry ever decides to EOL Inbox+.
    02-05-20 08:14 PM
    Glad to see the very old members come back after that final announcement 😁
    BlackBerry had a final announcement in '15 they were not making any additional/new BlackBerry 10 devices and then released the PRIV. In '16 after the DTEK BlackBerry announced they were leaving the mobile handset to manufacturing business (that they farmed out prior) and in '17 went with a branding deal with TCL. Now TCL and BlackBerry are ending that licensing agreement. Blackberry Ltd. now has several options they can take or not. Nothing is cast in stone.
    falbo likes this.
    02-06-20 12:53 AM
    BlackBerry had a final announcement in '15 they were not making any additional/new BlackBerry 10 devices and then released the PRIV. In '16 after the DTEK BlackBerry announced they were leaving the mobile handset to manufacturing business (that they farmed out prior) and in '17 went with a branding deal with TCL. Now TCL and BlackBerry are ending that licensing agreement. Blackberry Ltd. now has several options they can take or not. Nothing is cast in stone.
    At last a bit of positive thinking.
    I guess nothing is over till its over.
    ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    02-06-20 03:36 AM
    They will kill it off in the next few months. BBMe will definitely follow suit.

Yes, at least we still have some topics to debate about its end now.
    Basically, after all BB Android apps are dead, the only ones that will still be worth a thing are BB launcher (for PKB devices) and BB keyboard
    02-06-20 07:07 AM

They'd have more options if they had kept the Mobility Division going.... But most the staff has been shifted or let go. Work on the device apps was ended last year, as was Android OS development. And with the name tied to the company, it's got to be protected... somewhat.

Nothing is set in stone, but I don't think there are as many options as some think.... sometime your bet just letting sleeping dogs lie.
    02-06-20 07:45 AM
    Password Keeper is the only BlackBerry I'm using daily on my non-BB device.
    I hope I can easily export those passwords to Bitwarden.
    02-06-20 01:08 PM
    Password Keeper is the only BlackBerry I'm using daily on my non-BB device.
    I hope I can easily export those passwords to Bitwarden.
    It exports to cvs files which most anything else can use to import.
    02-06-20 01:12 PM
    Crackberry Kevin posted on Instagram the Hub Suite should continue.
    02-07-20 07:48 PM
    Crackberry Kevin posted on Instagram the Hub Suite should continue.
    Was that all that was said? I don't do Instagram so I won't ever see it.
    02-07-20 08:11 PM
    Every time we think BB is down for the count... BlackBerry suite of apps future?-c9a93ec2-ab07-49dd-a51a-5a6bb587613a.jpeg
    app_Developer and bh7171 like this.
    02-07-20 08:15 PM
    Was that all that was said? I don't do Instagram so I won't ever see it.
    I don't have Instagram either. I wish CBK and Blaze would put out an editorial on the matter at hand. Not the press release but the bits behind it and where if anything is going. I read a piece this AM that the Google Pixel line and BlackBerry would be a GREAT fit for enterprise clout and bolster privacy and security.
    02-07-20 09:23 PM
    And the Hub!

Basically, after all BB Android apps are dead, the only ones that will still be worth a thing are BB launcher (for PKB devices) and BB keyboard

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-07-20 10:20 PM
29 12