This is expensive, but it is amazing. One of my coworkers got one, and he raved about it so much that I broke a buck and ordered one too! It is amazingly comfortable and really makes the earpiece LOUD!

Jawbone Bluetooth Custom Molded Earpiece from AverySound.com
    See post #18 lol
    02-09-09 02:18 PM
    I got mine, open box buy, for $49 at n1wireless dot com a couple of weeks ago.

I've noticed that the voice quality between my curve and the storm is drastic enough that the person on the end can tell a difference. I had a Plantronics 510 and the Jawbone 2 on both phones and the quality is superior on the Storm.
    02-09-09 02:39 PM
    Yes, the earloop breaks easily. Make sure you detach it from the unit whenever you store the piece (in your pocket or bag).

Also, using the Jabra ear gel pushes the earpiece too far away from my cheek for the bone conduction technology to work as intended. (The ear gels worked wonderfully with the JX10.)
    02-09-09 03:05 PM
    I had the original Jawbone and upgraded to the Jawbone 2 around Christmas time - I love the smaller size. The sound quality is at least as good as the original. I hate having an earloop, so I modified both of my Jawbones the same way - I got the bigger Jabra eargels (see pic)(available in multipacks on ebay) and put it on instead of the OEM eargels. It holds the JB2 in perfect position and plugs the ear canal well - I can hear great on it (I have the phone vol about 50%) and my voice comes through very well also. I did have to glue the gel in place (silicon-like glue), but it is removable and cleanable. Note: you do not want to cover up the little holes on the backside of the "neck" right next to wear the gel attaches to the JB - I believe that is the noise-sensing mic for the noise-cancellation.
    I've tested many of the Plantronics BT as well and they do not noise-cancel nearly as well as the Jawbone. I have successfully talked while vacuuming, mowing the grass and/or snowblowing!

Here is my setup (quick photos taken with the Storm):

02-09-09 03:14 PM
    It works well for me except for when my girlfriend calls. Weird, right?! I think its just her phone, I cant hear her too well. No one has complained about my voice, though. One other thing is that my ear hurts after some extended use and it falls out sometimes.
    02-09-09 03:37 PM
    I have about a half dozen bluetooth headsets. I leave myself voicemails at work to test them. I think the jawbone two is an ok headset. The feedback I get from callers and what I have heard is that it is a little thin sounding. If you dare to touch the headset while you are on a call you will most likely accidently disconnect your call. If you put it in a shirt pocket or jacket pocket it will definitely turn on and off constantly...It's not an amazing headset, above average I think but not a headset I would buy twice.
    02-09-09 03:47 PM
    I upgraded from the JB1 - which I loved...the last one had fitament issues, but no where near as bad as this one. Just ordered their NEW ear buds, so we'll see if that helps - if not, I'm shopping for another noise cancelling headset.
    02-09-09 03:49 PM
    averysound.com sells custom earpieces...even with glitter.
    02-09-09 03:57 PM
    Aliph made a great tool, but it does have some form and battery issues. Ear loop not comfortable...and I can't help but feel the unit "fly" out of my ear if I turn my head too quickly.

Originally had the Jawbone 1 was bigger, and the battery on it lasted all day... no problem. Gave it to my sis when I HAD to have the smaller form of the Jawbone 2 (which is smaller than Jawbone 1). The battery lasts me 4-5 hrs max...and my days are 8+ hrs long. Being on the road all the time and having to recharge in my car has been the pits.

The next problem has already been mentioned...how it turns itself "on" in my pocket, or my bag. You know the drill: the phone rings, and neither you or your caller can hear each other...until you remember that you forgot to check the BT in your bag/pocket. I have come to the conclusion that the only way I can stop this from happening is to use a hard-case cover to protect the "on" button..so I dumped my eyeglasses and use its hard case to store my Jawbone! That solved it.

Sound quality is excellent...with the noise assasin feature, I can blast music in the car while having a conversation...no complaints so far.

Only real issue: Really need a battery upgrade for the Jawbone 2 so that it can last all day.
    02-09-09 04:23 PM
    got the new earbuds over the weekend...they're definitely an improvement, but I'm not 100% convinced they're effective enough. Maybe I've just got odd shaped ears, I dunno - it's just a PITA to get that sensor in contact with my cheek.

So, my question/concern with the $60+ custom-fit ones is, do they REALLY put the sensor on my cheek, or is it just another bandaid that might work for some, but not for others?
    02-16-09 05:11 PM
    I used to own a jawbone 1 (my wife still does). They have improved the noise cancelling on the 2 and it's much smaller.

Just my tuppence worth!

Which is better in your person opinion, the Jawbone 1 or Jawbone 2? I can't decide between thoose two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 10:07 PM
    I got a 2nd storm to replace the first and now am unable to get my jawbone 2 in pairing - called verizon tech and they were unable to help - they said i would need to take it into a store. Unable to get the pairing mode with red and white lights alternating.

Any help would be great. right now the storm doesn't recognize it. It did work with my other storm earlier????
    02-22-09 10:03 PM
    I use the blue ant voice control dnd I think its the best Bluetooth I have ever used, but my wife wants the jawbone 2, thanks for the review

02-22-09 10:36 PM
    i have both the blueant v1 and the jawbone 2. currently evaluating both. jawbone 2 has terrible fit problems. to the person who said that the v1 can't use the phone's voice dialing, that's incorrect. say "phone commands" and the storm's voice recognition system takes over
    02-22-09 10:44 PM
    I'm still up in the air about this. I checked on amazon and the blueant v1 gets terrible reviews. Jawbone gets more positive,then negative.
    02-22-09 10:51 PM
    This is the ULTIMATE jawbone edition... LOVE mine...
    Just AMAZING...

Custom Molded Earpieces from AverySound.com
    02-23-09 12:11 AM
    I have the Jawbone 2. Love it...
    02-23-09 02:28 AM
    I bought Jabra ear gels at the Verizon store for my jawbone (1 & 2), much better feel and comfort, also sound come out alot louder.
    02-23-09 02:40 AM
    Awesome bluetooth unit as far as call quality, design, and ease of use are concerned. My only complaint is that I can't use the Jawbone 2 for bluetooth audio support for my videos and music out of the box. That's a pretty big downside considering the price tag.
    05-17-09 06:03 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD