does turning the gps on and using the blackberry maps cost any thing extra?
    10-06-09 11:49 PM
    blackberry maps does not cost you anything extra except battery life the GPS will eat up
    10-06-09 11:52 PM
    cool i got this storm and ive never had a black berry so thnks
    10-06-09 11:54 PM
    enjoy your new berry! I got my storm early in the year and once i got passed the learning curve i wondered how i ever used "dumb phones" for so long. crackberry is a wealth of info.
    10-07-09 12:13 AM
    blackberry maps does not cost you anything extra except battery life the GPS will eat up
    I find that having GPS turned on all the time has minimal effect on the battery. I've got GPS running, and weather apps running and pulling down info every hour. Plus I've got a couple of apps always open in the background and I get a constant stream of emails pushed to my phone all day and after 18 hour days my battery is down to 50%. That doesn't seem too bad to me. I have an Ipod Touch that craps out after 2 hours no matter what it is doing.
    10-07-09 12:50 AM
    ya im going to leave it on all day tm see if it drians the battery
    10-07-09 12:52 AM
    I would recommend Amaze GPS. I use it and it is very good, gives you turn by turn directions and works well. you can get it from m.crackberry.com make sure you D/L then version for Verizon Blackberry storm
    10-07-09 07:43 AM
    enjoy your new berry! I got my storm early in the year and once i got passed the learning curve i wondered how i ever used "dumb phones" for so long. crackberry is a wealth of info.
    Agreed. I've been "enlightened" since January 2009.
    10-07-09 02:47 PM
    I find that having GPS turned on all the time has minimal effect on the battery. I've got GPS running...
    Agreed, leave mine on all the time, that is set to "Location On".. Experience very little to no difference when set to 911 only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD