From everything I've read, the Storm 2 can't run OS6, the phone just doesn't have enough memory or power....which really sucks.
    If that's the case I really wish I had waited to upgrade, seems like I always get hosed on phones. Why wouldn't RIM make sure most of the phones could run OS6 before releasing it, now it seems like people are getting shorted on the new abilities of OS6 just because they bought there phone a month before it was released.
    09-22-10 03:48 PM
    If that's the case I really wish I had waited to upgrade, seems like I always get hosed on phones. Why wouldn't RIM make sure most of the phones could run OS6 before releasing it, now it seems like people are getting shorted on the new abilities of OS6 just because they bought there phone a month before it was released.
    the storm 2 was released about 1 year ago. RIM didnt know anything about what OS 6 would run on and what it wouldnt. RIM assumed and intended for the storm 9550/9520 to be able to run OS 6. Fast forward 8 months when OS6 is now done and the storm just doesnt handle it well. So no OS 6 for from VZW. That doesnt mean it would pass for another carrier somehow or we dont see a leak.

And if you just bought the storm 2 and ddnt realize it was not going to run OS 6 that is your fault because there is plenty of info readily available informing you it wouldnt.
    09-22-10 04:00 PM
    I am a Storm 1 owner and I might go for the Odin refresh. My upgrade is next month. I love my Storm but I am getting tired of micro managing the app memory. When the next rumored 'Stormish' comes along I could use another line for that upgrade.
    09-22-10 06:39 PM
    They're kidding.... right?
    09-22-10 08:16 PM

This will he the end of the storm line as we know it I think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 08:25 PM
    nope, RIM is clearly still stuck in "invincible" mode. They must think that pushing cheap headsets is the only way to ensure success
    09-22-10 08:28 PM
    but the S2 wasn't much diff from the S1 other than WIFI and updated surepress.
    09-22-10 09:41 PM
    I think its harder if you have a storm 1 cause the refresh would truly be a great phone. It would be nice to know the LTE Storm was coming out in the march to may timeframe or about this time next year.

I would never blow my upgrade and NE2 for the refresh if i knew the LTE edition was around the corner but if i knew it was going to be a year out then i would certainly get the refresh if i still had a storm 1 and use your annual upgrade for the LTE edition a year from now.

Just depends on your situation.
    i wouldnt expect lte for a while. 1 yr at least, but 2 would make more sense. 1 yr to really expand the lte network, and another year for rim to catch as tons of lte android phones saturate the market. rim needs to get their game together and pull a win out of their hat FAST!!!!!!
    09-23-10 01:00 AM
    nope, RIM is clearly still stuck in "invincible" mode. They must think that pushing cheap headsets is the only way to ensure success
    mixture of these two describe how i feel about rim doing this.

i hope they wake up soon. i love BB, but im not going to pay top dollar for a second rate phone.
    09-23-10 01:03 AM
    seriously dude I love Call of Duty but can you go hang out in those forums with that avatar and signature line. It really bothers me. Or you might be better suited for the android forums as that's all you seem to post about.

Anyways, I have a Storm 1 still and this would be an excellent upgrade to me. I would love OS6 and the ONLY problem I ever encounter with my Storm is app memory... problem solved.

It's different for everyone
    09-23-10 11:43 AM
    seriously dude I love Call of Duty but can you go hang out in those forums with that avatar and signature line. It really bothers me. Or you might be better suited for the android forums as that's all you seem to post about.

Anyways, I have a Storm 1 still and this would be an excellent upgrade to me. I would love OS6 and the ONLY problem I ever encounter with my Storm is app memory... problem solved.

It's different for everyone
    just because he is right doesnt mean you need to attack him
    09-23-10 11:54 AM
    just because he is right doesnt mean you need to attack him
    I just can't stand the giant bold sig across my screen about nukes incoming. And I've seen him trolling RIM for some time now.

I apologize.
    09-23-10 11:58 AM
    I just can't stand the giant bold sig across my screen about nukes incoming. And I've seen him trolling RIM for some time now.

I apologize.
    + 1 on that giant signature...
    09-23-10 12:13 PM
    It wont happen, but it would be nice as a Sprint user to get a full touchscreen Blackberry like the 9570. I made the mistake and jumped to get the 9630 right away and look what happened there.

RIM is a business first company and all of the people who want it to not be are going to be complaining for a long time.

Of my blackberry friends all but 1 of them have returned to a blackberry after testing a droid phone out for 30 days.
    09-23-10 01:44 PM
    I need a replacement for my storm 1, now of all times the keys decided to pop off and I'm holding them with tape, plus the memory is killing me. When oh when is this storm refresher coming out. I'm going to assume as the last two storms probably some time around November, 2010. Storm 1 came out November 21. Can't wait to replace this memory eater.
    10-05-10 06:53 AM
    I need a replacement for my storm 1, now of all times the keys decided to pop off and I'm holding them with tape, plus the memory is killing me. When oh when is this storm refresher coming out. I'm going to assume as the last two storms probably some time around November, 2010. Storm 1 came out November 21. Can't wait to replace this memory eater.
    umm sorry to burst your bubble but there wont be a refresh on VZW. the next storm looks to be 6 months out atleast
    10-05-10 11:07 AM
    I don't think it will take six months to come out and I know there is a refresher. Engadget got their hands on it. Plus if you see the Verizon commercials it's like they are giving away all their phones especially blackberrys because I'm sure there will be new Blackberries for the holidays. They usually run a promotion like that to get rid of old stock before the next one comes in. We shall wait and see. I hope not cause then I will be torn between IPHONE if that ever comes and my Blackberry. As I stated before I'm a blackberry girl and personally feel I would have problems with the IPHONE. PLUS I HATE ITUNES and the control they have over everything. So I sit back and pray.
    10-06-10 08:35 AM
    I'm a little surprised by all this, especially with the holidays coming up.

My S1 is falling apart, and I'm due for an upgrade. Wanting to stay with a touchscreen, my options now are:

1. Do nothing, stick with the S1 (lost revenue to RIM).
    2. Get a Droid or other non-blackberry (lost revenue to RIM).
    3. Switch to ATT and get a Torch (lost revenue to VZW).

I suppose RIM is the bigger loser in all of this than VZW, and VZW is driving the decision, so maybe it makes sense a little.
    10-06-10 09:23 AM
    I hate my Droid1. Worse, I burned 2 upgrades with the BOGO right before they disappeared 2 months ago. I was going to get the refresh but may just go back to my S1.

Anyone want to trade 2 D1s for 2 S2s?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gjbsource; 10-10-10 at 05:39 PM.
    10-06-10 05:20 PM
    10-07-10 08:55 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD