09-21-10 11:37 PM
    That is the Odin Refresh. The third variation of the Storm. The other photo that popped up this week is most likely the S4, triton or whatever they will call it. It will run the new OS by QNX. The 9570 is to the 9550 what the 9780 is to the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 11:47 PM
    yes and its totally not worth whatever VZW is going to charge for it if you already have a storm 2
    09-21-10 11:51 PM
    yes and its totally not worth whatever VZW is going to charge for it if you already have a storm 2
    So true. Get in a two year contract over os 6 on a not more refined phone? Child please

Im waiting eagerly until January/Feb so hopefully verizon has a good droid selection, the iphone, and the new storm and them im going to see what I will do with my storm 2.
    09-21-10 11:54 PM
    I've got a Storm 1 and there's no way I'd add 2 years go my contract for the Storm 2 refresh.
    09-22-10 12:11 AM
    I think its harder if you have a storm 1 cause the refresh would truly be a great phone. It would be nice to know the LTE Storm was coming out in the march to may timeframe or about this time next year.

I would never blow my upgrade and NE2 for the refresh if i knew the LTE edition was around the corner but if i knew it was going to be a year out then i would certainly get the refresh if i still had a storm 1 and use your annual upgrade for the LTE edition a year from now.

Just depends on your situation.
    09-22-10 12:19 AM
    its the pos s2 "refresh" lets see more pics of that s4 or s3 plz
    09-22-10 12:41 AM
    What has happened to the blackberry triton (temp codename) 4g? Rumours said a december release but no word in a couple months.
    09-22-10 12:49 AM
    What has happened to the blackberry triton (temp codename) 4g? Rumours said a december release but no word in a couple months.
    I'd imagine that the Triton is what we glimpsed earlier this week, the one with the Trackpad. Don't plan on a December release for that one. The talk is now March at best... possibly May. Still rough rumors.
    09-22-10 12:54 AM
    I can't see myself getting the exact same phone with slight upgrades, OS 6 or not. Since I would be paying full price for it. Can anyone let me know if it could use T-Mobile's 3G?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 02:12 AM
    I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that RIM is going to put out a new Storm in October of this year (S2, refresh, whatever) and then release ANOTHER Storm in early 2011 (S3, S4, whatever).

Two Storms within a half a year of each other?

Sounds ridicuous to me, plus I've never seen it done on any previous RIM devices, or has it???......
    09-22-10 06:59 AM
    I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that RIM is going to put out a new Storm in October of this year (S2, refresh, whatever) and then release ANOTHER Storm in early 2011 (S3, S4, whatever).

Two Storms within a half a year of each other?

Sounds ridicuous to me, plus I've never seen it done on any previous RIM devices, or has it???......
    unless they stop using the storm name..... if you look at it, the storm line still struggles from the stigma of the original device. i have a s2 in my collection, and had that device been launched instead of the s1 it would have been a totally different situation. RIM needs to start using a new name and hopefully release a device that has all the i's dotted and the t's crossed
    09-22-10 07:04 AM
    I'd imagine that the Triton is what we glimpsed earlier this week, the one with the Trackpad. Don't plan on a December release for that one. The talk is now March at best... possibly May. Still rough rumors.
    that will be the 4g device...
    09-22-10 07:06 AM
    I'm eager for some OS6 goodness... but I'm pretty happy with my Storm2 as is, so I would think long and hard about getting a "refresh" with a more advanced version on the horizon.

Granted, a more advanced version is always on the horizon, but this would seem a bit more imminent than usual.
    09-22-10 07:39 AM
    I've got a Storm 1 and there's no way I'd add 2 years go my contract for the Storm 2 refresh.
    +1 Also a S1 user who just completed his 2 yr. contract with VZW. Although I don't mind Surepress I would expect RIM to realize it wasn't a success and move on.

The Storm replacement should be sleek and powerful. It doesn't have to have everything an Iphone has but it should be close enough that current StormX users would have a hard time deciding to jump ship. New potential Storm owners would have to seriously consider it as a possible alternative to Iphone or any number of different Android versions out there.

I'll be hanging out until Jan. when some newer models are released (the long rumored CDMA/LTE Iphone included) and decide then whether I am one of the ship jumpers too!

Until then, its smooth sailing (but long in the tooth) with my S1!
    09-22-10 08:41 AM
    As someone who spent the money for a Storm 2 this year, and has gone through 4 Storm 2s in the March-May time frame to finally get one without major problems, and requires a full sized touch screen, I'm displeased that the Storm 2 is being put out to pasture so quickly. I'm an early adopter and know the risks, but every other early device I have purchased has been upgradable for a couple of years. Hopefully, Verizon will get the Torch. If not, I'll still probably use my New Every Two to get the newest Storm. Unless, of course, BlackBerry decides to give an exclusive for it to ATT.
    09-22-10 08:48 AM
    I think its harder if you have a storm 1 cause the refresh would truly be a great phone. It would be nice to know the LTE Storm was coming out in the march to may timeframe or about this time next year.

I would never blow my upgrade and NE2 for the refresh if i knew the LTE edition was around the corner but if i knew it was going to be a year out then i would certainly get the refresh if i still had a storm 1 and use your annual upgrade for the LTE edition a year from now.

Just depends on your situation.
    +1. I have a S1 and will buy the S2 refresh, because (a) my S1 is starting to have some hardware issues and I don't think it will last much longer and (b) I don't believe there will be a S4 or whatever it's called in the first half of 2011.
    09-22-10 09:23 AM
    As a Storm 2 owner, the refresh wouldn't be worth the money. I'll wait for the full blown Storm 3-4 whatever they want to call it.
    09-22-10 10:56 AM
    +1. I have a S1 and will buy the S2 refresh, because (a) my S1 is starting to have some hardware issues and I don't think it will last much longer and (b) I don't believe there will be a S4 or whatever it's called in the first half of 2011.
    As a Storm 2 owner, the refresh wouldn't be worth the money. I'll wait for the full blown Storm 3-4 whatever they want to call it.
    This is exactly why RIM is going to offer the refresh. Because even if one person doesn't think it's worth the money, another person will think its worth the money and won't want to wait until the next version is out. It really doesn't matter what your/our specific opinion is on the subject because RIM is in the business to make money, and this is how they're going to do it.

YAHTZEE!
    09-22-10 11:04 AM
    I am going to stick with the Storm2 for the foreseeable future because I just upgraded, but I am hoping RIM gives me BB6 OS, I would feel very shafted if we Storm2 users don't get the new OS. If I didn't get the new OS I would seriously consider a diffrent handset in the future.
    09-22-10 11:38 AM
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
    HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100

Is this new storm going to be CDMA & GSM compatible and i think RIM should make the 3G network bands similar to that of the BB9700 and not strictly HSPDA 2100. that way comsumers can connect to networks on lower 3G bands.
    09-22-10 11:42 AM
    I am going to stick with the Storm2 for the foreseeable future because I just upgraded, but I am hoping RIM gives me BB6 OS, I would feel very shafted if we Storm2 users don't get the new OS. If I didn't get the new OS I would seriously consider a diffrent handset in the future.
    From everything I've read, the Storm 2 can't run OS6, the phone just doesn't have enough memory or power....which really sucks.
    09-22-10 11:51 AM
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
    HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100

Is this new storm going to be CDMA & GSM compatible and i think RIM should make the 3G network bands similar to that of the BB9700 and not strictly HSPDA 2100. that way comsumers can connect to networks on lower 3G bands.
    the storm will be GSM and CDMA but the bands will be the same as current model i would think. IE it wont connect to ATT or Tmobile and achieve 3G status
    09-22-10 12:45 PM
    Having a family plan with 5 lines and being the guy that pays the bill; I reserve the first dibs on all upgrades. That being said, I am strongly considering grabbing the refresh. I've had one upgrade ready since June and I will have another come January '11. My biggest reason for considering this is playing with 6.0 and I don't think VZW will puch premium prices for a refresh. Conversly, I have also been sorely tempted to spend one of these upgrades on the Droid X and giving it a spin for a bit. Ahhh decisions, decisions.
    09-22-10 01:53 PM
    try android, seriously you can use that until the real storm 3 shows up in the spring maybe. i assure you it will certainly give you a better taste of the market out there
    09-22-10 02:05 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD