So i have had my Blackberry Storm (9530) coming on 2 months now. Before i bought it all i saw on the reviews were horrible things on the Storm being slow and choppy and rated one star on everything. Well i'm glad i ignored those reviews because i love my Storm and will gladly stay with it as long as i can. Plus this is my first Blackberry and i couldn't be happier.
    12-30-09 07:28 AM
    Great to hear! Keep spreading the good word. Some were left with a bitter taste from the Storm 1, but I had mine (just under) a full year, until the S2 came out. Had nary a problem, other than the first couple of OSs. After that I got comfortable with hybrids and leaks, and life got immeasurably better I hope you find the same with yours. Happy New Year.
    12-30-09 07:44 AM
    Welcome to CB and BB!

I too owned the Storm as my first BB, and like you was glad I ignored the reviews... I upgraded to the S2, and never looked back!
    12-30-09 07:55 AM
    Congrats on your new Storm. I had a Storm 1 and just upgraded to the Storm 2. Although the Storm 1 had a few growing pains, by the time it reached OS 5 it had become a pretty decent phone with a lot of happy followers. A few still knock it but I think most of those complaining either never took the time to learn/get used to the phone or never updated the software. I believe a number of BB owners also jumped on the Tour/9630 bandwagon thinking it was going to be the end all and now are constantly bash the Storm. Jealousy is a strange bedfellow! Granted the non physical keyboard took some getting used to, but if the settings are proper it dosen't take long. With OS 5.0.428 the "glowing letters" are back so you can actually see which key you are pressing. If you haven't upgraded to the latest OS, I suggest you do so as soon as you can...........

Have fun and enjoy. I know I and many others sure do.

R...

So i have had my Blackberry Storm (9530) coming on 2 months now. Before i bought it all i saw on the reviews were horrible things on the Storm being slow and choppy and rated one star on everything. Well i'm glad i ignored those reviews because i love my Storm and will gladly stay with it as long as i can. Plus this is my first Blackberry and i couldn't be happier.
    12-30-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD