Let the speculation begin..

via: BerryReview
    Price95 likes this.
    09-20-10 10:55 AM
    Nice love the idea of a trackpad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 10:58 AM
    Hope not... I sure don't want a trackpad on an all touchscreen phone.
    09-20-10 10:59 AM
    That looks nice.
    09-20-10 11:00 AM
    What is the "M" thing on the picture? Video Cam? It looks cleaner than Storm 1 and 2. Hopefully, it uses "normal" touch screen this time just like 9800. LTE compatible?
    09-20-10 11:02 AM
    Love the addition of the trakpad. And none of the storms are all touch screen. So why should this one be different. if you want a mostly all touch screen go android or iphone.

09-20-10 11:03 AM
    nice! Looks good
    What language is that on teh papers, and what does it say? I see refrences to "Berry" I assume Black Berry...

Surprised by the form factor and track pad. That would mean no Sure Press. I am not a fan of how teh Torch works where you have to highlight something via touch, then select it with the pad. That is pretty counter intuitive for a touch device. Why have 2 operations???

Guess we'll see if this is legit...
    What language is that on teh papers, and what does it say? I see refrences to "Berry" I assume Black Berry...

Surprised by the form factor and track pad. That would mean no Sure Press. I am not a fan of how teh Torch works where you have to highlight something via touch, then select it with the pad. That is pretty counter intuitive for a touch device. Why have 2 operations???

You don't "have" to select anything with the trackpad on the 9800. It's just an option if you want it.
    09-20-10 11:05 AM
    I like when CX post this kinda stuff lol
    09-20-10 11:06 AM
    Love the addition of the trakpad. And none of the storms are all touch screen. So why should this one be different. if you want a mostly all touch screen go android or iphone.

The Storm is all touch in that to selectand launch an item in UI you do that from the screen. So you find what you want in the screen and "click" on it. 1operation at least (more if you include the navigation on the touch screen to select the item, but that is teh same with or w/o a pad.). With the track pad there I assume it will be like the Torch touch screen. You have to select the item on the screen, then move a digit to the pad and click that. 3 operations at least. That is counter inuitive and bad UI to make a very common operation, launching something, take 3x as many operations.

I assume you can select directly from the screen as the Virt Keyboard has to work that way. So if you need to click the Pad to register a selection, or launch and app or operation than that is a fail. If not then it is moot.

And many android's have track balls and track pads. The newer ones are doing away with it as useless. So we'll see what this means on a BB. If the Pics are real.
    09-20-10 11:10 AM
    You don't "have" to select anything with the trackpad on the 9800. It's just an option if you want it.
    Okay then. Disregard what I am saying. Everytime I have played with a torch it would not select anything from teh screen. you had to click the pad. Is that the default?
    09-20-10 11:11 AM
    surprised we haven't herd more on this phone
    09-20-10 11:12 AM
    ...that does look rather tempting!
    09-20-10 11:12 AM
    Cool. But we aren't expecting this until 2011, right?
    09-20-10 11:13 AM
    Okay then. Disregard what I am saying. Everytime I have played with a torch it would not select anything from teh screen. you had to click the pad. Is that the default?
    Nope, not a default setting at all. You can select things via the touchscreen same as with S1 & S2, your choice. Only time the trackpad really comes into play for me is if I must select something that's rather small on the screen(and don't feel like double pinch zooming) and I use the pad then. For instance, the 1 2 3, etc on the CB mobile forum pages at the top/bottom of the screen.
    09-20-10 11:16 AM
    Hmm. Interesting.
    09-20-10 11:16 AM
    ...that does look rather tempting!
    RIM now has as good a touchscreen as anyone else out there. Just as responsive. Has moved to pinch to zoom, etc. Now for a better res screen and some motor under the hood....
    09-20-10 11:17 AM
    Nope, not a default setting at all. You can select things via the touchscreen same as with S1 & S2, your choice. Only time the trackpad really comes into play for me is if I must select something that's rather small on the screen(and don't feel like double pinch zooming) and I use the pad then. For instance, the 1 2 3, etc on the CB mobile forum pages at the top/bottom of the screen.
    Wow. I spend like 30 minutes playing with a torch on 2 different occasions and the only way i found to launch something in any part of the interface was the click on the pad. Not sure what that says about me...

Do you have to tap the screen? Long Press?
    09-20-10 11:19 AM

it's indonesian
    09-20-10 11:22 AM
    One thing I will say is that's definitely not the refresh. I wonder... Would RIM skip the refresh and push this out? (Of course not, but one can hope and wonder, eh?)
    09-20-10 11:25 AM
    What kind of plant is in the background?

09-20-10 11:27 AM
    One thing I will say is that's definitely not the refresh. I wonder... Would RIM skip the refresh and push this out? (Of course not, but one can hope and wonder, eh?)
    I wish they would Rolling out the refresh will make them a bit of a laughing stock.
    09-20-10 11:28 AM
    Count me in. Hope it is LTE capable.
    09-20-10 11:30 AM
    What kind of plant is in the background?

Lol of all things to pay attention to.....

Kinda reminds me of a Dinc

09-20-10 11:32 AM
533 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD