On Stuff.tv

BlackBerry Storm 3 to pack QWERTY keyboard?
    TODAY

BlackBerry Storm 2 - QWERTY predecessor in the works?The BlackBerry Storm 2 has barely been on the shelves 5 minutes, but such is the tech rumour mill that we are already hearing whisperings about its predecessor, and its rumoured slide-out QWERTY keyboard.

The Storm line has been BlackBerry�s only move away from full QWERTY keyboards for a touchscreen, and while the second incarnation has received better reviews, the SureTouch clickable interface has not been to everyone�s taste.

Perhaps it�s for this reason that the BlackBerry 3 is being touted by analysts as �a cross between the Storm 2 and one of RIM�s non-touch QWERTY devices�.

Rumours are also swirling that BlackBerry plans to improve its web browser in the Storm 3, and may even open the device up to third party browsers as well.

If true, a sliding Storm 3 would match up with details from the BlackBerry 2009 road map leaked in December last year. In it was a �Storm Slider� pencilled in for the end of this year, describing it as �an unconfirmed slider, targeting European users, possibly 3G and WiFi�.

As you�d expect, BlackBerry has kept schtum on these rumours, but we�d expect we can expect to hear news on the Storm�s predecessor at some point in the new year.

What would you want from the next Storm? Check out our hands on snaps and first impressions of the Storm 2 and let us know what you think it�s missing below.

Via: FoneHome
    11-17-09 02:40 PM
    Old news! But I will move this to the News & Rumors section
    11-17-09 02:42 PM
    LOL.

I guess to get the Storm 3, you have to travel back in time and pretend the Storm 2 never existed.....given that the Storm 3 will be the predecesor to the Storm 2.

LOLLOLLOLOLOLOLO
    11-17-09 02:42 PM
    Im wondering if anyone from RIM'S R&D team ever visit this site. They would know that most if not all BB users are not in any way concerned with a slideout keyboard, much rather another storm.

One word.....browser....
    11-17-09 02:45 PM
    Im wondering if anyone from RIM'S R&D team ever visit this site. They would know that most if not all BB users are not in any way concerned with a slideout keyboard, much rather another storm.

One word.....browser....
    i think you would be surprised who all is on here. i think it would be hard for them to miss this site.
    11-17-09 03:03 PM
    i think a phone much like the 9700 would be pretty awesome if it had the full qwrty/touch. However I do not think that the slidout would be cool at all....
    11-17-09 03:04 PM

BlackBerry Storm 2 - QWERTY predecessor in the works?The BlackBerry Storm 2 has barely been on the shelves 5 minutes, but such is the tech rumour mill that we are already hearing whisperings about its predecessor, and its rumoured slide-out QWERTY keyboard.

ahem... the predecessor to the Storm 2, aka Storm 1, did most assuredly NOT have a physical QWERTY keyboard. However, we don't yet know what the successor to the Storm 2 will have.
    11-17-09 06:20 PM
    I think a Storm 3 with a touch only on screen keyboard and slider keyboard like the Droid is a possibility. I would hate to see a 9700 type device with a QWERTY and touch screen. I love my Storm screen and would hate to go back to a smaller one. Give it 1 gb internal app storage space, 4g and wifi and I would be a happy customer. I'm passing on the Storm2 in hopes that when my NE2 comes up at the end of 2010, the Storm3 will be on the shelves and in my pocket.
    Last edited by captain_dl; 11-17-09 at 06:34 PM.
    11-17-09 06:31 PM
    this will be absolutely amazing if the storm 3 has a qwerty keyboard!
    11-23-09 11:29 AM
    Maybe instead of recreating the same **** over and over they should make something new. Fix the OS.
    11-23-09 11:34 AM
    Maybe instead of recreating the same **** over and over they should make something new. Fix the OS.
    id have to aggree, fix the os!
    11-23-09 09:44 PM
    But if there were a slider on the Storm it would no longer be a Storm would it? It'd be a hybrid between a regular bb and a Storm?

Just dont add a sliding keyboard to the Storm. I just think it wouldnt really be a Storm if there was a physical keyboard instead of the virtual one.
    11-25-09 09:51 AM
    This better be impressive it it expects to hold out against the new devices coming out.
    11-25-09 02:17 PM
    storm 3 needs to have like 1gig of app memory, wifi, 5+mp cam, waaaaaay better browser, well you get the point. lol
    11-30-09 09:49 PM
    I would also hate to see the storm turn into a slider. That should be a separate device. My wish list for the Storm 3: Make it about half the thickness of the S2, give it a screen that extends to the edge of the device, a new OS, and the ability to put all my apps on the removable memory....merry christmas to me. Is that so much?
    11-30-09 10:32 PM
    I think that a slide qwerty keyboard in the vein of the Palm Pre could be viable on a touch screen bb, but not as the only viable offering. There is too much that has to be compromised in terms of size or performance to have touch and keys to make that the only option. Break a pre-like bb off into it's own line (and show palm how it's done) and continue developing the storm line separate (maybe no more clicky touch, but that's just me). It would not be at all farfetched to think RIM may have two different touch screen based lines at the same time. They run the curve bold and tour lines at the same time. Also, with the absolute explosion into the mainstream of touchscreen phones over the last two years, can they really afford to have only one option that people pretty much love or hate?
    Last edited by atomicdog21; 11-30-09 at 11:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    11-30-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD