12-11-16 06:56 PM
38 12
tools
    It was AJ that took my call on Friday and seemed pretty reasonable - he committed to calling me back yesterday when he was meant to be seeing the technicians sat arvo (the same story I had from Emerson 4 weeks earlier). I assume he either didn't call or tried to call, but didn't leave a voicemail.... Reason being my stupid $100 HTC keeping me going until the passport is returned had run out of batteries and was short of a charger. Would have appreciated a text at the very least
    08-13-16 09:08 PM
    Seems like this company(s) has quite the reputation

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru....cfm?t=2125611 "http://smartphonestore.com.au Warning!!!"

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/foru....cfm?t=1537178
    08-14-16 02:33 AM
    I've been lucky once or twice ordering accessories from them.

Now, once I ordered "genuine" BlackBerry Z30 screen protectors, I was sent some other "brand" ones, not bad apparently, but not "genuine" BB....

It's a mixed bag with them. But following your story, OP, I'd definitely not let them "repair" anything.... ;-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    08-14-16 04:07 PM
    Thanks for the info!

So today their Telstra voicemail box is full.
    08-15-16 04:37 AM
    I continue to be in awe of this company, for all the wrong reasons.

I received the phone a 4th (or 5th? I've lost count) again today. The brightness control still does not work. Earlier in the week, they asked me for my postal address again, I told them I would give it to them only if they confirmed the problem was fixed. They said is was working perfectly.
    So after I inform them the brightness control is still not working this is the response

Your phone is working perfectly
    ‎You did not buy the handset from us, you requested a screen change which we have done. We do not have the warranty for your phone. Wherever you purchased it from holds your warranty. We will be putting this to the court.
    You need to send it back to where you purchased I from to claim warranty

Yes I did buy it from them!

This company is horrible! --- DO NOT TOUCH THEM!
    I have completely run out of steam on this , they have successfully worn me down.
    09-02-16 06:36 AM
    >> In other news, if you want to send your phones to me i'll promise to fix them!

Hey themyk - would be interested in your services - can you PM me - I can't figure out out to
    Have you ever encountered 'brightness control doesn't work' issue on a passport before, and therefore things like bedside mode doesn't work properly? - This only ever started after the new display was installed. I have a video showing the issue which I can send the link to.
    oldsoulretro likes this.
    09-02-16 07:17 AM
    Finally, I can put this issue to bed. After 7 months I received the passport today with a second new screen, and I think a new battery, and it's working perfectly. Although frustrating (and the threat of a petty-court case looming) they finally came to the party and saw it through.
    So anyone dealing with this company, just manage them closely, keep records of everything and also make sure you get accurate receipts.

i.e. when I checked my archives for the purchase of the Passport from them the E-Way transaction receipt only had a Dollar-Value for the new Passport, Leather case, but no itemised list of what was purchased. This would have made a dispute difficult if they challenged it.

But overall given the current Blackberry climate, I am just happy to have my now 'collectors item' back.
    eldricho likes this.
    10-05-16 08:23 PM
    Great story... glad it worked out for you... :-)

  "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "  
    10-05-16 11:33 PM
    @kimino, hurrah, you got the phone back!

Mate you should charge them interest, cos you haven't had use of your phone for 7 months!

I hope you still continue to take this matter to the consumer court because attention needs to be drawn to their actions with you and keeping your device for way past the period of reasonableness.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    10-06-16 01:48 AM
    We ordered from bbstore. com. au website. We choose them because of concerns having our warranty service in UK and wanting to support an Australian business. It was the worst decision we could have made. There is NO CUSTOMER CARE with this company. They answer the phone about 5% of the time (95% of calls say message bank full), they give false promises of delivery dates that come and go (3X Now), they give excuse after excuse as to why they have NOT SENT your ORDER. They have provided no tracking number. Their website says item is in stock but then they tell you its on pre order or not in stock days after you inquire as to why it has not been delivered. We purchased this phone for business. We believed it was in stock and we would be receiving it within the time stated on their website. Unfortunately, we still have NO PHONE DELIVERED & NO TRACKING NUMBER. They seem quick to TAKE YOUR MONEY but not deliver the goods promised . I was able to find their facebook page and got two responses from Marilyn. She has yet to call us or email us with a tracking number, as she stated she would and so far the issue has not been resolved. Its simple to resolve really... We paid you for the phone, send the phone and supply proof of delivery via tracking number.
    I am giving them until tomorrow and then we are pursuing ALL avenues to get our phone or money back. As a business person, I am appalled that anyone can treat their customers so badly. After investigating reviews I honestly wonder how they are still in business. Perhaps "A Current Affair" should get involved. I will keep you posted as to any remedy....
    12-07-16 06:16 PM
    I feel your pain mate, my end to end resolution wasted more time and money than I should have, my costs included postage for continual return of faulty repairs (estimated postage total $80) , court registration costs $150, this was non refundable even though I ended up cancelling the court case, purchase of a temporary HTC phone $150, and the initial repairs $200. My time spent documenting the problems, emailing, phone calls, another couple of hundred...

So I could've bought a new iphone or other common brand that I could just walk into any store and get repaired. And for the same logic as you, I bought from BBStore for the local support. What a joke that turned out to be.

So the phone was finally fixed properly with another new screen and came back "good as new", so I dropped the court case and have just left it all be and learnt a valuable lesson about supporting a dying company. I don't care how good any new BB phone looks or if the Mercury or Passport 2 is ever released. Until BB have a proper support chain in Australia they are a dead company to me.
    12-11-16 03:18 AM
    Finally, I can put this issue to bed. After 7 months I received the passport today with a second new screen, and I think a new battery, and it's working perfectly. Although frustrating (and the threat of a petty-court case looming) they finally came to the party and saw it through.
    So anyone dealing with this company, just manage them closely, keep records of everything and also make sure you get accurate receipts.

i.e. when I checked my archives for the purchase of the Passport from them the E-Way transaction receipt only had a Dollar-Value for the new Passport, Leather case, but no itemised list of what was purchased. This would have made a dispute difficult if they challenged it.

But overall given the current Blackberry climate, I am just happy to have my now 'collectors item' back.
    Dodgy Bros. & Co. ...?

So, no repairs and no phone purchase with them. Accessories... well, ok. :-)

  10.3.3 - that's the go for me... ;-D  
    12-11-16 05:49 PM
    Update from bbstore drama. We were thankfully issued a refund. We spoke with AJ and he informed us that they still hadn't received shipment and we could either wait or take a refund. We requested a refund. With further nagging on bbstore's Facebook page, Marilyn finally relented and issued a refund. 4 days later we received our funds in the bank. We are relieved to be done dealing with them.
    We proceeded to order the dtek60 from CLOVE.CO.UK. They were CHEAPER and have been VERY PROFESSIONAL .Order was processed QUICK and mailed with tracking number the same day. We just received our phone today (ordered Thursday received Monday). Plus, we received a free case and rapid charger. Now that's how it is supposed to be done. Thank you Clove for valuing your customers.
    Bbstore is another story, they never stated on their website that the dtek60 was not in Stock or on pre-order. They mislead, were unprofessional ,wasted over 3 weeks of our time and are a joke of a "business". If you are in Australia and want a positive experience when ordering a BlackBerry phone USE CLOVE. Lesson learned the hard way.
    Last edited by oldsoulretro; 12-11-16 at 10:27 PM.
    12-11-16 06:56 PM
38 12