12-11-16 06:56 PM
38 12
tools
    Has anyone else had issues dealing with the "Blackberry Store" in Australia , or "BBSTORE" as they have now become, trading under "Smart Phone Protection". I bought my Passport from them which was all good, until I sent it back for a cracked screen repair. i've since sent it back twice, it came back the first time not working at all and the second time with 100% fixed brightness and a broken keyboard backlight. Just kind of curious of anyone else dealings with this company - i've heard it's a small outfit. Their emails are now bouncing... I appear to have learnt the hard way. My next phone will be mainstream!
    oldsoulretro likes this.
    05-14-16 09:43 AM
    Haven't heard much about them in a while. Only when Priv was first launched, some folks were sharing their experiences with buying from there.
    oldsoulretro likes this.
    05-15-16 02:17 PM
    Hi there. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with them.

I have bought from them, no phones, but a few accessories and stuff... some small issues I've been able to sort out over the phone with a lady named Marilyn...

Ordered genuine BB Z30 screen protectors once, they sent some other brand which might be even better, or as good, I don't know.

They are NOT BlackBerry themselves. Mark it. :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    dangerousfen likes this.
    05-15-16 10:08 PM
    I saw those articles posted related to Priv supply. Seems like they don't have a good approach to customers, it's be challenging getting my passport repaired and even simple things like losing my postal address and saying it would be dispatched the next day, and still taking emails, phone calls to follow up. I've even had to write their own checklist of things to check on the phone before returning it. Last check the phone is in a worse state than before I sent it in for repairs and I'm assuming i'm going to get it back again (for the third time) in a bad state. The phone is <12 months old but now I assume i've voided the warranty with the real blackberry because BBStore repaired it....
    05-15-16 11:17 PM
    Just to follow up here.

DO NOT USE BLACKBERRYSTORE or "Smart Phone Protection" as they are called.

It's been 5 months since I first sent them my Passport with a cracked screen. I still have no phone, their customer service is next to useless. I've been told three weeks consecutively I'd have it by the end of the week. I had the case offloaded to Consumer Protection who also had zero luck in communicating with this company.

They don't answer calls often and haven't returned an email in the last 3 months.

I've taken advice from Consumer Protection and if they don't give me an answer by this friday, off to small claims court - a large waste of time.

I am assuming they cannot fix my phone and don't know what to do with it.

If anyone for this company reads this thread, if the issue is resolved by Friday 12th August then I'll consider amending this thread in a positive manner. All I'm asking for is for you to tell me what you're doing to fix my issue and a firm date as to when I will receive my phone back, a replacement, or a full refund for the repairs and replacement cost for the phone.
    emmcsam likes this.
    08-06-16 04:10 AM
    Just to follow up here.

DO NOT USE BLACKBERRYSTORE or "Smart Phone Protection" as they are called.

It's been 5 months since I first sent them my Passport with a cracked screen. I still have no phone, their customer service is next to useless. I've been told three weeks consecutively I'd have it by the end of the week. I had the case offloaded to Consumer Protection who also had zero luck in communicating with this company.

They don't answer calls often and haven't returned an email in the last 3 months.

I've taken advice from Consumer Protection and if they don't give me an answer by this friday, off to small claims court - a large waste of time.

I am assuming they cannot fix my phone and don't know what to do with it.

If anyone for this company reads this thread, if the issue is resolved by Friday 12th August then I'll consider amending this thread in a positive manner. All I'm asking for is for you to tell me what you're doing to fix my issue and a firm date as to when I will receive my phone back, a replacement, or a full refund for the repairs and replacement cost for the phone.
    I really sympathize with you on this. This is horrendous customer service (disservice). Wow!--hope you can somehow get this resolved.
    08-07-16 05:32 PM
    I think that it's safe to assume that "BBStore" has nothing to do with BlackBerry, aside from possibly dodging copyright infringement.

In other news, if you want to send your phones to me i'll promise to fix them!

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-07-16 05:39 PM
    I figured there was come copyright issue given their re-branding.

I am assuming I'll get the phone back again broken - so if that happens , I'll PM you regarding the repairs. Thanks!
    The particular issue is since the screen was replaced, the software brightness control doesn't work - the soft slider doesn't do anything. I found one other reference to that problem by googling and it seems like a terminal issue. Have you heard of this issue?
    08-07-16 08:38 PM
    >>I really sympathize with you on this. This is horrendous customer service (disservice). Wow!--hope you >>can somehow get this resolved.

Thanks Brookie 229

As a sign of how shocking they are, I just gave them my weekly phone call to their landline. It has no greeting to identify them, is a stock standard telstra or whatever greeting, and then at the end it just says " this mailbox is full " and hangs up.
    08-08-16 12:07 AM
    @kimono, I also wouldn't recommend using that store. They seem to be either totally overwhelmed with all their different activities that are not related to Blackberry at all, or just very poor time and motion organisers!

They are very misleading as to posting time frames for items purchased, or for the forwarding of items that weren't included in the original packaging.

Where else in Aus can we get our BB stuff from? Kogan uses HK based companies for their acquisition of BB's, and therefore it can take up to two weeks to get your item, but hey, at least Kogan has a good reputation for delivering what it says it will!!
    08-08-16 02:08 AM
    I think that it's safe to assume that "BBStore" has nothing to do with BlackBerry, aside from possibly dodging copyright infringement.

In other news, if you want to send your phones to me i'll promise to fix them!

Posted via CB10
    Which country are you in? My recently acquired Classic is my third BB and I've not had a problem yet, but I'd like to know about what you offer 'just in case'.
    kimono31 likes this.
    08-08-16 02:10 AM
    @kimono, I also wouldn't recommend using that store. They seem to be either totally overwhelmed with all their different activities that are not related to Blackberry at all, or just very poor time and motion organisers!

They are very misleading as to posting time frames for items purchased, or for the forwarding of items that weren't included in the original packaging.

Where else in Aus can we get our BB stuff from? Kogan uses HK based companies for their acquisition of BB's, and therefore it can take up to two weeks to get your item, but hey, at least Kogan has a good reputation for delivering what it says it will!!
    you wouldn't believe the run around I've had. It borders on laughable. The first time it was "repaired" they emailed me to ask what the problem was so they could check it was fixed. Then after saying it was sent, had to ask me for my address! This is the tip of the iceberg. They are lucky they are so backwards they don't have a facebook page for people to complain on. (I suspect trying to hide)
    08-08-16 02:18 AM
    Kimono, if you're in Sydney then pop around to their home business in Hunters Hill. Do a reverse phone search and you'll find their address. It may be the only way that you'll get your device back!

What are you hoping to achieve from Consumer Affairs? (Well, apart from getting your money back and let them keep the device!)
    08-08-16 02:24 AM
    Kimono, if you're in Sydney then pop around to their home business in Hunters Hill. Do a reverse phone search and you'll find their address. It may be the only way that you'll get your device back!

What are you hoping to achieve from Consumer Affairs? (Well, apart from getting your money back and let them keep the device!)
    Consumer Affairs were helpful but equally laughable. They went through a very formal process and informed me they had arranged to contact BBstore again on a specific date to progress the issue. Well, when nobody answered the phone at BBStore on that date, Consumer Affairs closed the case and sent me a very formal letter saying they were unsuccessful on this occassion and I can consider opening a small claim to the magistrates court.

I'd be happy to receive a replacement Passport - I'm not even hammering for a new device as long as it's as good as the one I had I'd accept a replacement. But, the longer this goes on the more I want a full refund for the repairs ($200) and refund for replacement cost of the phone. (whatever that is...)

Part of my reason for buying a passport was knowing in all likely-hood it would be the last good blackberry. I'd prefer a PP than anything else. I carry two devices as I need iOS or Android for corporate use, but the PP has been a great device.
    08-08-16 02:30 AM
    I can't understand Consumer Affairs just simply giving up because no one answered the bloody phone! Gee, that means any shonky organisation can get away with anything provided they don't answer the phone when the Department calls!!!

Are you in Sydney?
    08-08-16 02:41 AM
    I can't understand Consumer Affairs just simply giving up because no one answered the bloody phone! Gee, that means any shonky organisation can get away with anything provided they don't answer the phone when the Department calls!!!

Are you in Sydney?
    I'm in Perth - initially searched around for a local repairer but most shied away from fixing it I assume because it's a weird phone to them.
    So i reluctantly shipped it back to them and continue to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    I've given them to the end of the week to respond or I'll take the next step
    08-08-16 02:47 AM
    Out of curiosity, which Consumer Affairs is it appropriate to use: WA or NSW?
    08-08-16 02:50 AM
    Out of curiosity, which Consumer Affairs is it appropriate to use: WA or NSW?
    Good point - I used WA's as they do act nationally, but perhaps an NSW case would do better!
    08-08-16 03:03 AM
    Here's the site info for NSW Department of Fair Trading:
    NSW Fair Trading - home
    08-08-16 03:05 AM
    Thanks for the prompt! - Done
    Largely copied and pasted my WA case
    08-08-16 03:23 AM
    It seems to me that a major problem in your matter is your inability to speak in person with BBStore, and to have them contact you back by email. Anyway, see how you go with NSW Fair Trading. They may say that you need to pursue it from your 'home' state .....
    08-08-16 03:27 AM
    Oh, and don't forget to post your issues with BBStore on Whirlpool.
    08-08-16 03:31 AM
    They are a strangely setup company, obviously a lot of shell companies.
    Go to www.smartphoneshop.com.au and it redirects you to OtterBox and LifeProof Cases Australia | Smartphone Protection
    Both sites are basically the same template as bbstore.com.au with the former selling iPhones Androids and accessories

I gave them until Friday noon to resolve my issue and called them every day last week. No answer/no response until Friday after noon when I called and spoke to a new guy that I'd never dealt with before. He was the most helpful and understanding of the lot so far... It seems mine isn't the only issue they have at the moment. He's asked me to deal with only him. I've extended the deadline until tomorrow. He basically agreed with my suggestion that their tech repairer does not know how to fix the problem.

if not resolved by COB tomorrow next step in social media and a court filing...
    08-13-16 07:42 PM
    They are a strangely setup company, obviously a lot of shell companies.
    Go to OtterBox and LifeProof Cases Australia | Smartphone Protection and it redirects you to OtterBox and LifeProof Cases Australia | Smartphone Protection
    Both sites are basically the same template as bbstore.com.au with the former selling iPhones Androids and accessories

I gave them until Friday noon to resolve my issue and called them every day last week. No answer/no response until Friday after noon when I called and spoke to a new guy that I'd never dealt with before. He was the most helpful and understanding of the lot so far... It seems mine isn't the only issue they have at the moment. He's asked me to deal with only him. I've extended the deadline until tomorrow. He basically agreed with my suggestion that their tech repairer does not know how to fix the problem.

if not resolved by COB tomorrow next step in social media and a court filing...
    08-13-16 07:43 PM
    The name of the owner is Emerson. His mother is Marilyn. And now there's Aus sounding chap working for them as well - AJ. He's not got much of a customer service style about him.

RE the different companies type setup - yeah I noticed that as well. I don't know if they're run off their feet with all their different fingers in pie activities, or just work shortened hours, like maybe 10 to 4. Shrug ....
    08-13-16 08:19 PM
38 12