Someone is going to fly in. The house is clean and move in ready for someone to put their personal touch too. Cisco.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 11:54 AM
    I believe BlackBerry stock will be in the range up and down for the next couple quarters until John Chen revenue Road Map works. Most of Analyst and long term investors are in the wait and see attitude. The short term traders are the one that make the stock price very volatile right now.
    The stock will trend downward to a lower trading range, IMO. This is not because of the ER but because the broader stock market sentiment has severely soured. I am also inclined to believe the recent dip in share value (prior to ER) was not normal, cyclical price activity. The decline can be observed in numerous other stocks.

If you intend to hold stocks for the long term, such as for 1 or 2 years, the fluctuations are still acceptable. For those holding for the short or intermediate term, I recommend selling out of the stock market for the time being. Be prepared for a slow, deflating correction.
    03-31-15 12:52 PM
    I don't think a drop in the stock was unexpected. The PassPort didn't come out until September and and the Classic December 17th. Other than the Z3 what else did they sell Bolds? The first and second quarter will be about the same. Don't think you will see anything substantial until the 3rd-4th quarter of this year.

I'm buying after the 2nd quarter report comes out. Should be another drop.
    03-31-15 06:47 PM
    So, you are quoting some research report by someone, who's got questionable sources VS CEO who's got actual data?
    So basically, you take who ever word over ceo, who responsible for the company? Interesting...
    Who should you trust more - me, providing research from unknown sources or some CEO of the company, I provide report for?
    Isn't there ANY law preventing companies to post false data on their annual/quarterly reports?!
    Here's some actual data regarding the revenue to put this argument to rest. From: Financial Documents - Canada
    Fiscal 2015 Annual Financial Information(40F/Annual Report) (PDF)
    Approximately 66% of the devices recognized in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2015 were BlackBerry 10 devices.
    Based on my (limited) understanding of Chen's comments, it sounds like they're finally shipping fewer BBOS devices, but since there's so little demand for BB10 devices that seems like it will only hurt their revenue further.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-31-15 08:59 PM
    And this quarter will be the first with a revenue increase both YoY and QoQ and with profit as a cherry on a sundae, so all of you start feeling the relief !

Posted via CB10
    So you think Q1 F2016 will see revenue in excess of $966m? A 46.5% increase, QoQ?
    04-01-15 12:15 AM
    I read that too. Bad strategy from a potential BBRY investor perspective.

What this means is that an investor investing in BBRY would basically be asking BBRY for help investing his money. If I wanted to invest in something, I would buy the company's stock directly. No need to do so through Blackberry. Furthermore, BBRY is a tech company. It isn't known for its talent in finance. Another problem with the strategy is $3 billion is a small amount of capital to invest. BBRY may be outbid by wealthier parties.

Overall, the strategy makes sense from Chen's perspective of heading an influential company. It could shore up BBRY's fundamentals and restore it to its former glory (in terms of earnings). On the other hand, a string of bad acquisitions could just as easily bankrupt BBRY.
    Funny you mentioned $3B,IBM just announced that they are investing $3B in the IOT...how is BB going to compete going forward when everyone is getting Bigger and Bb is getting smaller,that type of investment from BB would wipe out the company...I just found this and that investment is for 4 years
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ibm...-03-31-3103744
    Last edited by jojo beaconsfield; 04-01-15 at 05:57 AM.
    04-01-15 05:38 AM
    Funny you mentioned $3B,IBM just announced that they are investing $3B in the IOT...how is BB going to compete going forward when everyone is getting Bigger and Bb is getting smaller,that type of investment from BB would wipe out the company...I just found this and that investment is for 4 years
    Cisco is in on IoT too. BlackBerry can't compete against these big players, they have shown that in smart phone market. Prem's goal is still i believe a sell of the company, they are just working to increase the value before the sale. They are running the company like a private equity firm would and running things at bare bones in hopes of a buyout (where PE firm would be going for IPO) at some point.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:03 AM
    I don't think that matters. This is a new, untapped, giant market. That's like saying I shouldn't invest in the stock market because there are bigger players out there. There are plenty of opportunities in this new area. BlackBerry just needs to scratch out a niche in it.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-01-15 06:06 AM
    Because they posted a bad quarter(1.6 m device shipped in a quarter and revenue below expectations) and the stock is grossly overvalued. On top of that, Chen is giving too rosy revenue growth and the street is not buying it.
    It wasn't a "bad" quarter. Revenue was below expectation, but the company actually turned a profit and the street was expecting a significant loss.

BlackBerry is still making progress, and they're just starting to earn money on BES12. No need to panic.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    04-01-15 06:07 AM
    Won't their recent announcement of being cash flow positive help make the stock go up again??
    04-01-15 10:09 AM
    It wasn't a "bad" quarter. Revenue was below expectation, but the company actually turned a profit and the street was expecting a significant loss.

BlackBerry is still making progress, and they're just starting to earn money on BES12. No need to panic.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    Except it was a bad quarter. Revenue wasn't just "below expectation" it was down in every conceivable metric. It was down QoQ and over 30% YoY... and it's not like "Oh we had a rough quarter for this or that reason. It's a bump in the road! Not normal at all." No. It continues a downward trend that has spanned over a fiscal year with no real signs of bottoming out. Hardware revenue was down, and hardware sales numbers were down 35% QoQ despite the new models. Software revenue was better YoY, but still missed targets. By GAAP numbers, BBRY is continuing to lose money. The company "turned a profit" according to adjusted non-GAAP numbers, and that profit had nothing to do with growing anything, and everything to do with cost cutting and accounting.

We'll see how things turn out for Q1 F2016, with BES12, the Passport and Classic all going as well as they're possibly going to go. But I'd guess another drop in revenue and hardware sales is on the horizon... and I'm obviously not the only one thinking this, considering the $6 price target for the stock.
    04-01-15 01:11 PM
    Well it wasn't my post earlier....but yeah keeping the cash high by cutting R&D and SGA isn't good either. Once they stop selling hardware it will be a decent company.
    They are still spending over a billion in R&D.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    04-01-15 01:33 PM

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    BlackBerry stock down-bbry1.png
    04-01-15 01:39 PM
    Not on smartphones, I hope. If they spent a billion on R&D to sell 10 million smartphones per year then that would be $100 per phone.
    04-01-15 01:41 PM
    Perhaps you need to learn how to read a balance sheet. Blackberry has 1.2 B in debt so the real cash reserve is $2B not $3.2
    Yeah okay, perhaps you need to sharpen those crayons your using.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 02:05 PM
    Yeah okay, perhaps you need to sharpen those crayons your using.

Posted via CB10
    Why would you talk about crayons when you don't know the difference between your and you're...?
    lnichols and yessuz like this.
    04-01-15 02:12 PM
    This is kind of old news but it goes to show what BB is up against
    Tech heavyweights in a billion-dollar battle to rule the connected world - The Globe and Mail
    you see everybody wants in and what Bb has going for it now is slowly being eaten up buy others.
    04-01-15 02:17 PM
    Why would you talk about crayons when you don't know the difference between your and you're...?
    Yeah okay jiffy

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 04:15 PM
93 ... 234