Speed also determines what a status flagship device is, and sorry but no Android can touch iPhone speeds, here are the recent benchmark speeds done. Apple blows them away.

http://bgr.com/2016/10/03/iphone-7-f...r-performance/
    What do those speeds equate to in real life? What does "blows away" really mean?
    10-04-16 04:39 PM
    What do those speeds equate to in real life? What does "blows away" really mean?
    It means if I have to explain that, then we are in a lot more trouble than I thought
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-04-16 05:14 PM
    It means if I have to explain that, then we are in a lot more trouble than I thought
    LOL, you know what i mean though. Is .2 seconds faster really that noticeable? I'm not knocking the iPhone, it's an excellent device. I just don't think most people can tell the difference between these slight variances in specs.
    10-04-16 05:25 PM
    LOL, you know what i mean though. Is .2 seconds faster really that noticeable? I'm not knocking the iPhone, it's an excellent device. I just don't think most people can tell the difference between these slight variances in specs.
    Yup I do agree, some of those numbers are pretty close.
    10-04-16 05:27 PM
    I've unfortunately moved on to a Samsung S7. I used to have a Z10 but other than the BB keyboard and a couple minor differences between Android and BB Hub the S7 is superior. The lack of a BB keyboard is a serious pain in my *** !

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-04-16 08:25 PM
    I was devistated I loved those phones, but the keypads died at 6-9 months, and my wife refused to allow me to get another "defective" phone, so I went HTC and never had another problem. I really, really miss those 9700's they were the perfect size and did everything I wanted in a phone.

strange. you don't hear that much of problem if i recall for 9700... broken? one user? multiple devices of same model? must be a QC over looked something... care to guess it?
    10-04-16 08:42 PM
    I was devistated I loved those phones, but the keypads died at 6-9 months, and my wife refused to allow me to get another "defective" phone, so I went HTC and never had another problem. I really, really miss those 9700's they were the perfect size and did everything I wanted in a phone.
    thx. never heard about the problem.
    10-05-16 07:26 AM
    I was wondering if the hardening of the ICs cud b done OTA/ manually via some software tool or that it wud require physical access to the device by blackberry ?
    Anyone ?
    10-05-16 09:53 AM
    Like Apple has any experience 'making' a fingerprint scanner. They just buy it.
    10-05-16 11:34 AM
    Its a dumb idea because Blackberry has no experience in making a fingerprint scanner and putting it in in a physical keyboard on a small key that is constantly being pressed is a terrible idea.
    You think BlackBerry, is going to handcraft their fingerprint scanner? Come on.

If it were implemented nicely, I could see where the fingerprint scanner would only be used when prompted, it wouldn't always be ready to read our prints. Like when logging into something, trying to unlock the phone, the spacebar would then function as the reader. Have you used an iOS device with the fingerprint scanner? You don't even know it scans fingerprints until you need to use it, for me it's to unlock my iPad.

And for people like you, I'm sure BlackBerry would have an option to disable the scanning feature altogether, like the way you can disable the touch keyboard on the Passports.
    10-06-16 12:05 AM
    You think BlackBerry, is going to handcraft their fingerprint scanner? Come on.

If it were implemented nicely, I could see where the fingerprint scanner would only be used when prompted, it wouldn't always be ready to read our prints. Like when logging into something, trying to unlock the phone, the spacebar would then function as the reader. Have you used an iOS device with the fingerprint scanner? You don't even know it scans fingerprints until you need to use it, for me it's to unlock my iPad.

And for people like you, I'm sure BlackBerry would have an option to disable the scanning feature altogether, like the way you can disable the touch keyboard on the Passports.
    I'd be more concerned with wear and tear. The spacebar is the most commonly pushed key on a keyboard and putting a fingerprint scanner in it just seems like its begging to get wore down. The second issue is the size of the space bar. Every fingerprint scanner on a mobile phone is a circular button allowing it to read the print correctly. I'm not sure how a tiny sliver that is the spacebar would be able to correctly read a fingerprint accurately.
    10-06-16 06:44 AM
    I'd like to grab another Blackberry phone but not really too excited about either of the DTEK's. This is encouraging though so I guess I could wait a little longer - Chen confirming that PKB's are coming..

10-25-16 08:54 AM
    I'd like to grab another Blackberry phone but not really too excited about either of the DTEK's. This is encouraging though so I guess I could wait a little longer - Chen confirming that PKB's are coming..

Chen says 'Yeah we're probably gonna fill that' and 'It will be compatible with every single one of these, at least the Priv'

What a silver-tongued little chancer
    10-25-16 09:03 AM
    I've unfortunately moved on to a Samsung S7. I used to have a Z10 but other than the BB keyboard and a couple minor differences between Android and BB Hub the S7 is superior. The lack of a BB keyboard is a serious pain in my *** !

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I sometime wonder... if BB10 had the apps at launch, if anyone outside of the hardcore fanbase would have cared?

BB10 was still a buggy OS, and the Hardware wasn't anything specials - other than the keyboards, which don't seem to be a relevant feature anymore. BlackBerry had the Apple "plan" in mind (charge a premium), but even Apple isn't growing and seeing the success that they once saw. And they have much more to offer.

BB10 might have meet some needs in the enterprise world, but I'm not sure they would have captured even enough users to make BB10 a viable solution - at one time that was 10 million users. But 10 million users a year might still have been a stretch... and there is no way they would have kept developers on board.

Think the next few years are going to be very tough for Hardware OEMs... doubt BlackBerry would have survived, if they made it this far.
    10-25-16 09:25 AM
    To answer the question: no
    10-25-16 11:57 AM
140 ... 456